» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Now Let Me Finish...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/03/04 at 5:35 pm

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=403594

that's it... we knew it all along... Karl Rove is coaching him with an earpiece during the debate. 

While I don't think it's impossible, I don't think it's totally plausable either.  I mean, if Rove was coaching him, wouldn't he do better?

Subject: Re: Now Let Me Finish...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/03/04 at 6:28 pm

I don't think so, because none of his sentences began with
"Karl says to say..."
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/04 at 5:55 am

I don't think so, because none of his sentences began with
"Karl says to say..."
:D

;D ;D ;D  It's even funnier to me because I was talking to a friend during the debate and said
that maybe he had somekind of earpiece, and the consensus was not this time, he was much
to bumbling.  I would keep a close watch on next time.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/04 at 10:44 am

When Bush talks, people should really keep an eye on Rove (and/or Cheney) to see if his lips move-or better yet, have him drink a glass of water as Dubya is talking. Did anyone noticed any strings coming down from the ceiling to Dubya's podium? Or a hand up his back?  :D ;D

Cat

Written By: philbo on 10/04/04 at 10:58 am

Does anyone remember the "Not the 9 O'Clock News" sketch with Griff Rhys Jones as Reagan being fed his lines by Rowan Atkinson?  If that were around as an MPG somewhere it'd cause a few laughs now...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/04 at 11:00 am

Does anyone remember the "Not the 9 O'Clock News" sketch with Griff Rhys Jones as Reagan being fed his lines by Rowan Atkinson?  If that were around as an MPG somewhere it'd cause a few laughs now...

Sounds like a skit from Not Necessarily the News.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/04/04 at 1:38 pm

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=403594

I mean, if Rove was coaching him, wouldn't he do better?

Not necessarilly.  Only if he actually understood what Rove was saying.  On the other hand, it might explain his long pauses.  He might have had a "say again" button he needed to push.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...