» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: NBC hits new low in liberal news, puts ''ILIE'' next to Bush's picture.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/05/04 at 6:30 pm

PICTURE:  http://www.drudgereport.com/brokaw.jpg

NBC Nightly News Puts "ILIE" in Graphic Next to Bush's Face
NBC's "RATS"? Four years ago, the NBC Nightly News took seriously the appearance of the letters "RATS," in a single frame of an enlargement of part of the word "BUREAUCRATS," in an anti-Gore ad from the Bush campaign. The September 12, 2000 NBC Nightly News carried two full stories on the controversy. Jump ahead four years, and on Monday night the NBC Nightly News displayed the letters "ILIE" for 16 seconds next to President George W. Bush's face in a "Decision 2004" graphic beside anchor Tom Brokaw as he introduced a story by David Gregory. The letters came from the word "FAMILIES" in a sign on the far side of Bush, which read: "TAX RELIEF FOR AMERICAN WORKING FAMILIES." 

NOTE: Image provided by www.drudgereport.com and story provided by www.mediaresearch.org.

Subject: Re: NBC hits new low in liberal news, puts ''ILIE'' next to Bush's picture.

Written By: Davester on 10/05/04 at 7:00 pm

No, silly...NBC was merely trying to emphasize George's respect for erstwhile tennis player Andrew Ilie, who turned pro in '94 and plays right-handed, I believe.  Heck, in '94 I was still living on Laurel St. but would move within two years after having upgraded to Job 2.0.  Besides, I really never liked tennis all that much, anyway...

Subject: Re: NBC hits new low in liberal news, puts ''ILIE'' next to Bush's picture.

Written By: Jessica on 10/05/04 at 7:03 pm

No, silly...NBC was merely trying to emphasize George's respect for erstwhile tennis player Andrew Ilie, who turned pro in '94 and plays right-handed, I believe. Heck, in '94 I was still living on Laurel St. but would move within two years after having upgraded to Job 2.0. Besides, I really never liked tennis all that much, anyway...

Yet another reason why I shouldn't drink water while reading posts. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/05/04 at 7:22 pm

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/3848/nbcforgotpoland.jpg

that's nothing... check out this picture that ran the day after the debates.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/05/04 at 7:57 pm

I notice nobody on the Right wants to talk about Faux News' Carl Cameron, his fake news story, and his conficts of interest.  Instead we have nonsense about the word "lies" in "families" juxtaposed to Bush's picture on NBC.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200410040006

Written By: McDonald on 10/06/04 at 9:21 am

No, silly...NBC was merely trying to emphasize George's respect for erstwhile tennis player Andrew Ilie, who turned pro in '94 and plays right-handed, I believe.  Heck, in '94 I was still living on Laurel St. but would move within two years after having upgraded to Job 2.0.  Besides, I really never liked tennis all that much, anyway...

ROFLMFAO ;D ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/06/04 at 10:30 am

I notice nobody on the Right wants to talk about Faux News' Carl Cameron, his fake news story, and his conficts of interest.  Instead we have nonsense about the word "lies" in "families" juxtaposed to Bush's picture on NBC.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200410040006

well, it's not like he ran a story about documents that later turned out to be fake.  That would be much worse than just making crap up right?

Written By: philbo on 10/06/04 at 12:02 pm

Just one thought: why is there a problem with GWB and "ILIE" next to him?  OF COURSE he lies, however honest a politician may try to be (and I really don't think Dubya has tried that hard), he'll have told the occasional porkie.

So surely the picture is merely accurate news reporting, right?

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/06/04 at 2:14 pm

This is just too silly.  I don't know why we bother.  My estimation of GWB is about the same as my estimation of Lil' Georgie.

Check for new replies or respond here...