» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The party of peace? Democrats acting insane in TN, WI, and FL.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/06/04 at 5:55 pm

With all the attacks on republican character here, its time to bring out the big guns.  First a TRUE story about what happened in Wisconsin today:

(MILWAUKEE) More than 50 demonstrators supporting Democrat presidential candidate John Kerry stormed a Republican campaign office in West Allis at mid-day today, trespassing, creating a disturbance through the use of a bullhorn in the office and then refusing to leave when asked.

The Chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin (RPW) condemned the action by Kerry supporters, and asked the Kerry campaign and the Democrat Party of Wisconsin to do the same.

Do John Kerry and Wisconsin Democrats really believe this is conduct becoming of a presidential candidate and his campaign? RPW Chairman Rick Graber asked. It is unfortunate that Team Kerry feels the need to engage in such childish and obnoxious behavior.

The President and his campaign will continue to talk about the issues in Wisconsin, Graber added. Let s hope that someday soon, the Kerry campaign and Wisconsin Democrats will join us and put an end to this foolishness.

Graber called the latest incident part of a disturbing trend of criminal conduct by anti-Bush forces in Wisconsin, pointing to an incident in Madison last week in which Bush-Cheney yard signs were stolen from the yards of three homes. The vandals then used chemicals to burn swastikas into the lawns of the homes, which were within a two-block radius of one another.

In addition, reports of stolen, defaced and damaged Bush-Cheney campaign signs are surfacing throughout Wisconsin.

Our volunteers, from children to the elderly, have every right to feel safe when they are working on behalf of a cause and candidates they believe in, Graber commented. This type of thuggish, intimidating conduct is absolutely unacceptable. It is time for John Kerry, the Wisconsin Democrat party, and Kerry s campaign leaders, including Gov. James E. Doyle, to put a stop to this shameful behavior.

--NOT ENOUGH?  NEED MORE?  READ WHAT THEY DID IN FLORIDA:

Protestors Ransack Bush/Cheney Headquarters In Orlando
2 People Receive Minor Injuries During Protest
local6.com

POSTED: 6:05 PM EDT October 5, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A group of protestors stormed and then ransacked a Bush-Cheney headquarters building in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, according to Local 6 News.

Local 6 News reported that several people from the group of 100 Orlando protestors face possible assault charges after the group forced their way inside the Republican headquarters office.

While in the building, some of the protestors drew horns and a mustache on a poster of President George W. Bush and poured piles of letters in the office, according to the report.

"We told them to leave, they broke the law," Republican headquarters volunteer Mike Broom said.

Two protestors received minor injuries when the crowd stormed the building, including a Republican volunteer.

"We want to send a clear message to Bush, we want him to take his hands off our overtime pay," protestor Esmeralda Heuilar said.

Local 6 News learned that most of the protestors were from the AFL-CIO and were taking part in one of 20 other coordinated protests around the country.

A spokesperson with the AFL-CIO told Local 6 News that the Orlando protest did not go as planned.

A protest similar to Orlando's demonstration was held at a Bush-Cheney office in Miami at the same approximate time, Local 6 News reported.

--NEED EVEN MORE?  HOW ABOUT THE HOW REALLY INSANE THEY HAVE GOTTEN?  Read this article on how DEMOCRATS OPENED FIRE ON THE BUSH-CHENEY HQ's IN TN: http://www.wbir.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=20241

So the Dems roughed up some workers and ransacked an office in Florida. Stormed another in Wisconsin. And have shot up two different Bush offices. This is all an attempt to intimidate Bush campaign volunteers.  The party of peace, eh?  Just how insane will these people be if President Bush wins reelection?  Its already starting to sound like a modern day Krystalnacht with these people...

Subject: Re: The party of peace? Democrats acting insane in TN, WI, and FL.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/06/04 at 6:06 pm

Here is a picture of when the union thugs that support Kerry attacked the Bush-Cheney HQ's in Orlando, Florida: http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/oct04/laura2100504.jpg

Wonder why NBC, CBS, or CNN hasn't reported on any of these attacks by the democrats (or demokrats if you prefer) or the shooting at Bush-Cheney people?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/04 at 6:07 pm

Well, it's about time!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/06/04 at 6:11 pm

Well, it's about time!

What a civil war?  The democrats are already opening gunfire on us....twice.  Sheesh.

Written By: McDonald on 10/06/04 at 6:26 pm

demokrats?... Is that supposed to refer to the German word for Democrat?... as though by giving a German version of a word somehow serves to demonise it...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/06/04 at 6:39 pm

demokrats?... Is that supposed to refer to the German word for Democrat?... as though by giving a German version of a word somehow serves to demonise it...

I just thought i'd throw that in since someone here (not saying any names) keeps calling Bush ''Der Fuhrer'' and saying that he is quote: ''proud to live in Bush's Amerika.''  Amerika being the German word of America.  Trust me, I speak German, what with the teacher I couldn't stand....Fat Frau.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/04 at 10:20 pm

I was just about to post this when me internet connection crashed a few hours ago....

I dunno, "demokrats" is probably some dittohead shibboleth.  Hadda be there.

Interesting GWB mentions "civil war."  Four years ago I was hearing right-wingers threaten "civil war" if the U.S. Supreme  Court affirmed the lower court decision on Bush v. Gore.  Furthermore, when the right-wing thugs got sent to Florida to physically interfere with the ballot recounts, Paul Gigot, the Wall Street gigilo, glowingly called it a "bourgeois riot."

I don't know if the stories GWB posted are even verifiable.  Provided they are, I must say you won't catch me participating in such activities.  I said "it's about time" in a karmic sense.  You reap what you sow.

Ever sinse the invasion of Gingrich Khan in 1994, it has been all-out war on liberals and Democrats.  Gingrich implored Republicans to call Democrats sick, twisted, and abnormal.  Rep. Tom DeLay has strong-armed his own party so far to the right that bipartisanship is now impossible in Congress.  The DeLay-Gingrich menatlity is to marginalize and ignore the voice of Democrats on congressional committees and wherever else possible.

Meanwhile, we suffered a relentless propagandist assault from talk radio, tabloid press, Fox News, and even the "main stream media."  In every corner of the country there are media outlets calling liberals and Democrats un-American, un-Christian, immoral, stupid, lazy, obstructionist, stoned, perverted, devious, criminal, and a million other nasty adjectives.

Is it any wonder why some liberals and Democrats have declare "Enough!" and come out slugging?
It's instant karma, you reap what you sow.

Written By: McDonald on 10/06/04 at 10:36 pm

Someone using German on the board. Ich hätte keine Idee darüber! Und, GW, Ihre schrecklichen Erfahrungen mit der fetten Frau tun mir Leid.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/04 at 5:31 am

I noticed a lot of African American faces in that crowd.  What is worse, their unsanctioned ransacking of
a bush campaign office, or the bush sanctioned usurpation of their right to vote?
"Call out the instigators" ...."Won't get fooled again" ;)

Written By: philbo on 10/07/04 at 6:03 am

(MILWAUKEE) More than 50 demonstrators supporting Democrat presidential candidate John Kerry stormed a Republican campaign office in West Allis at mid-day today, trespassing, creating a disturbance through the use of a bullhorn in the office and then refusing to leave when asked.

Just one question: after your previous debacles, are you ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE that these guys were democrats, not repubs-in-dem-clothing?  Because it seems like such a completely couterproductive and idiotic thing to do (especially the swastika bit) that either a) these "Kerry supporters" are devoid of a working braincell between them, or b) they're only pretending to be Kerry supporters.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/07/04 at 6:31 am

I would like to see proof that the actions involving KKK letters, and the office that was fired on was
by Kerry supporters.  Either way, they were thugs looking for a reason, not having a good one.
I would like to add that I am offended by the reference to Kristallnacht.  I live in a community with
a large Jewish presence and grew up knowing a survivor of the "camps" tattoos and all.  For you to
equate this act as akin to Kristallnacht is so....(give me a word Don Carlos), my anger is such that I
have to end this post..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/07/04 at 9:37 am

what goes around comes around

Vandals target local Democrats’ office for second time
http://www.acadiananow.com/news/html/2B5BBF65-30EC-409C-9F0B-1AF1F921B32C.shtml

Vandals strike county Democratic headquarters
http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/9561730.htm

and there was the young Republican at the RNC who kicked the female protester on the ground, or the security guard pulling the woman's hair at another rally.

of course any attacks where the police aren't called should be questioned, such as this loser
http://rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

sorry to ruin the world view some people may have, but there's jerks supporting/attacking both parties.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/07/04 at 9:59 am

what goes around comes around

Vandals target local Democrats’ office for second time
http://www.acadiananow.com/news/html/2B5BBF65-30EC-409C-9F0B-1AF1F921B32C.shtml

Vandals strike county Democratic headquarters
http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/local/9561730.htm

and there was the young Republican at the RNC who kicked the female protester on the ground, or the security guard pulling the woman's hair at another rally.

of course any attacks where the police aren't called should be questioned, such as this loser
http://rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

sorry to ruin the world view some people may have, but there's jerks supporting/attacking both parties.

Sweet.  A counter-attack.  But still our side hasn't resorted to guns yet.  AND THEN WE HAVE THIS STUPID STORY OF A WOMEN IN Indiana:

Indiana Mom Tattoos Anti-Bush Slogan On Shaved Head

BEDFORD, Ind. -- The presidential race is going to Kerra Fowler's head.

She's tattooed an anti-Bush message on her shaved head. The Indiana mother of four even offered her bare skull as political ad space on the eBay Internet auction site.

She said she was offered up to $30,000, but decided not to take the money. She did accept a bid of about $100, half of which Fowler said is going to the tattoo artist.

Fowler said she opposes the war in Iraq and intends to keep her anti-Bush tattoo after the election. But if John Kerry wins, Fowler said she'll probably just let her hair grow.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

PICTURE OF THIS UGLY WOMEN'S HEAD: http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1006/3788840.jpg

Wonder what her four kids think?  Why didn't she take the 30,000?  Maybe because she is on welfare and it would affect her benefits.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/07/04 at 10:20 am

Sweet.  A counter-attack.  But still our side hasn't resorted to guns yet. 

yes... that's what it comes down to.  The best response you have is "our side hasn't resorted to guns YET"

considering which party promotes the gun culture, they shouldn't act so surprised when it's used against them.

The Tennesee event mentioned an "unrelated bank robbery" while the crime was investigated.  Gee, you think attacking a campaign office across the street from a bank wouldn't be a good diversion?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/07/04 at 10:30 am

I went to read up on other news stories about this, and aside from the Free Republic people and one Tennessee paper, no one else has reported it.  Very odd.  Even Republican oriented papers aren't reporting this one, and it happened two days ago.  Another fabricated story perhaps?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/07/04 at 10:31 am

Just one question: after your previous debacles, are you ABSOLUTELY 100% SURE that these guys were democrats, not repubs-in-dem-clothing?  Because it seems like such a completely couterproductive and idiotic thing to do (especially the swastika bit) that either a) these "Kerry supporters" are devoid of a working braincell between them, or b) they're only pretending to be Kerry supporters.

Yes.  I am 100% that the people that attacked in the states of Wisconsin and Florida were democrats.  No question.  Now the shooting in the state of Tennessee may have not been by Kerry-supporters, but the circumstantial evidence sure looks it.  Also see picture in the first reply I made, in Florida.  These people are union thugs protesting over time pay.  I guess I missed the part in the Constitution that said people who work over are required to be paid at least time-and-a-half.

As for the swastikas, I can find the pictures.  The democrats seem to have an obsession with Nazis.  What with Bush-Hitler comparisons, swastikas, calling Bush ''der Fuhrer'', and more.  Sheesh, and these people call us brown shirts.

Written By: philbo on 10/07/04 at 10:37 am

But still our side hasn't resorted to guns yet.

You have no proof whatsoever that the Democrats have resorted to using guns - with your recent record of posting stories, I am more inclined to believe that this is another Republican-supporter stunt.  I'd also like an acknowledgement from you that you now accept that the "little girl crying" picture had nothing to do with any Democrats making a little girl cry, but was a Republican a$$hole with a history for anti-Democrat stunts: given that you were so quick to say how nasty the Democrats are, but so far haven't had anything to say about the story when the full truth came out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/04 at 2:18 pm

Sweet.  A counter-attack.  But still our side hasn't resorted to guns yet.  AND THEN WE HAVE THIS STUPID STORY OF A WOMEN IN Indiana:

Indiana Mom Tattoos Anti-Bush Slogan On Shaved Head

BEDFORD, Ind. -- The presidential race is going to Kerra Fowler's head.

She's tattooed an anti-Bush message on her shaved head. The Indiana mother of four even offered her bare skull as political ad space on the eBay Internet auction site.

She said she was offered up to $30,000, but decided not to take the money. She did accept a bid of about $100, half of which Fowler said is going to the tattoo artist.

Fowler said she opposes the war in Iraq and intends to keep her anti-Bush tattoo after the election. But if John Kerry wins, Fowler said she'll probably just let her hair grow.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

PICTURE OF THIS UGLY WOMEN'S HEAD: http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1006/3788840.jpg

Wonder what her four kids think?  Why didn't she take the 30,000?  Maybe because she is on welfare and it would affect her benefits.

Yeah, that's a gross-out, but it's a free country, dude.  Would it make you happier if she'd tattooed a red white and blue elephant on her scalp?

As for attacks....the right-wing has been pointing its self-righteous finger at liberals' cultural permissiveness and blaming it for a decline in civility.  Now I point my finger at the Gingrich-DeLay-Rove-Limbaugh-Fox News-Heritage Foundation-Cato Institute nexus of bullying and intolerance and  declare, "This is your doing.  You made this happen!"

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/07/04 at 3:28 pm

For you to
equate this act as akin to Kristallnacht is so....(give me a word Don Carlos), my anger is such that I
have to end this post..... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Kindly - insensitive, much an exaguration, misguided.

Academic - historically inaccurate, obviously politically motivated.

Angry - much a crock of s..t I can't believe it.

Calmly critical - much like all your other posts that the only thing a rational and informed person can do is simply to dismiss you for the buffon you are.

And so, thrust home. 

Edmund Rostrand I'm not, but you get the illusion.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/07/04 at 3:30 pm

Do the words "agent provacature" ring a bell?  An old tactic, attack yourself like this and blame the opposition.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/07/04 at 8:02 pm

WHAT!?  AGAIN?  This time in Minnesota:

Angry Kerry Activists Lay Siege to Bush Office in St. Paul, Intimidate Voters

ST. PAUL -- On the same day that someone fired shots into the windows at the Bush/Cheney campaign headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, angry Kerry supporters laid siege to the Bush headquarters in St. Paul Minnesota today.
"Today's siege on the Bush/Cheney headquarters in St. Paul was an attempt by Democrats and the Kerry campaign to intimidate voters who were picking up tickets to see the President," said Republican Party of Minnesota State Chair Ron Eibensteiner. "The Minnesota Kerry Campaign and DFL are ruled by an angry mob mentality that has nothing positive to offer Minnesota voters." Today Kerry supporters blocked the entrance to the Bush campaign's Minnesota headquarters with buses and proceeded to rush into the headquarters in a clear attempt to intimidate voters who were picking up tickets to see the President this Saturday.

Eibensteiner called on DFL Chair Mike Erlandson and Kerry's Minnesota campaign to immediately cease these kinds of intimidation tactics.

"Lately, the DFL Party and Kerry Campaign can be best described as Anger Incorporated," said Eibensteiner. "They need to stop their escalation of these intimidation tactics before someone gets hurt."

Eibensteiner pointed out other instances where out-of-control Kerry supporters have intimidated voters. For example, at the Gophers football game last weekend, a Kerry supporter physically assaulted a female College Republican who was handing out flyers supporting the President. In a similar incident, Kerry supporters assaulted College Republicans at the Minnesota State Fair. During the incident, the union members elbowed two College Republicans in the head and threw them to the ground. Also, DFL Party officials have yet to repudiate a bumper sticker, which was handed out from their party headquarters comparing President Bush to Adolf Hitler.

"Anger is no substitute for optimistic leadership," said Eibensteiner. "Through their actions, Democrats have shown themselves incapable of governing themselves, much less our nation, during these challenging times." 

--THIS IS GETTING UGLY, DANG BROWN SHIRTS.  FLORIDA, WISCONSIN, MINNESOTA, and possibly gunfire in TENNESSEE.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/04 at 9:00 pm

GWB,

What is your source for that last article?

Even if all these incidences are true, all it would suggest to me is the kind of rage we saw in the Vietnam era when the American people found they could not trust their government.  It's ugly, yes, but it's also a great argument against allowing the current regime to remain in power.  Again, I'm not convinced these reports are even true, but if they are, when you say "Kerry supporter," the implicit leap that the central Kerry campaign approves of such activities is illogical. 

Above all, the need to smear the Kerry campaign with these suspicious annectdotes smacks of desperation on the part of Bush supporters.  I don't see why they should be desperate.  Bush is still going to win this race, isn't he? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/04 at 1:05 am

Newsmax.com, of course ::)  the ONLY site I found it on...it wasn't even on the St. Paul news websites ::)

Oh, them, they just make stuff up.  They're sort of The Onion of the Right.
;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/08/04 at 10:07 am

Newsmax.com, of course ::)  the ONLY site I found it on...it wasn't even on the St. Paul news websites ::)

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  You and MaxwellSmart were so quick to jump the gun and assume I got it from newsmax, but as usual you're wrong: http://www.mngop.com/info.cfm?x=2&pname=seltype&pval=1&pname2=infoID&pval2=2533 

A new poll out today shows that 72% of our boys in Afghanistan and Iraq support President Bush for reelection, and 73% of national guard members support President Bush for reelection.  Meanwhile in California numbers of registered voters shows it is impossible to have as many voters as they do without some illegal aliens being registered (wonder by which party.)  Also California democrats refuse to pass a bill to require ID to vote to prove who you are and that you are registered.  Ain't it a shame?  The democrats work so hard to make sure illegal aliens are able to vote (even though they are not allowed to) but do everything in their power to block military ballots (wonder how hard they'll try this election)?  Illegals before our brave men and women....real cute democrats, real cute.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/04 at 1:46 pm

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  You and MaxwellSmart were so quick to jump the gun and assume I got it from newsmax, but as usual you're wrong: http://www.mngop.com/info.cfm?x=2&pname=seltype&pval=1&pname2=infoID&pval2=2533 

A new poll out today shows that 72% of our boys in Afghanistan and Iraq support President Bush for reelection, and 73% of national guard members support President Bush for reelection.  Meanwhile in California numbers of registered voters shows it is impossible to have as many voters as they do without some illegal aliens being registered (wonder by which party.)  Also California democrats refuse to pass a bill to require ID to vote to prove who you are and that you are registered.  Ain't it a shame?  The democrats work so hard to make sure illegal aliens are able to vote (even though they are not allowed to) but do everything in their power to block military ballots (wonder how hard they'll try this election)?  Illegals before our brave men and women....real cute democrats, real cute.

I like how the article lays the blame at the DNC, yet the original report from the Star Tribune points out it's the AFL-CIO Union.  They may be backing Kerry, but that's as close to a connection as you get.  Of course if they're directly connected, then I guess the Switboat Vets are directly connected to GWB too.

Unless there's more registered voters than adults in California, the numbers won't prove a single thing. Somehow I doubt the numbers are all that high.  They may be higher than expected, but I bet that's the case everywhere after the 2000 election.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/08/04 at 2:22 pm

And why, pray tell, should we believe anything the Minn Repubs list on their web site?  Especially when we see both our beloved President and Vice President lie through their teeth?  There is an old New England saying, the fish rots from the head down, and its pretty rotten at the top.  And where is you'r response to Philbo's request for a retraction over "the crying little girl"?

Clearly, what you are doing, sir, is using the "tell a lie and stick to it" tactic.  At least the right wing press, of which you are so anamoured, eventually retracts their lies.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/08/04 at 2:47 pm

To all the people who say that the democrats could never do such a thing: Do you really believe it?  I have backed up my claims with articles, stories, pictures, links, and even allow room for you to do some searching on your own.  But instead some of the people here were so quick to blitz me and the newspapaers (yet alone not even respond to the picture) and say it was all made up.  As if the democrats haven't resorted to this in the past.  And this by the same people who were so quick to defend the CBS memos?  All I can say is, if you're not convinced, is go to Tennessee, Wisconsin, Florida, or Minnesota and ask the people involved if it really happened.  I bet even some of the more honest liberals will admit, and i'm sure the conservatives will be mad as a firecracker and out for blood (not literally of course.)  Amazing double-standard, it really is.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/08/04 at 3:29 pm

To all the people who say that the democrats could never do such a thing: Do you really believe it?  I have backed up my claims with articles, stories, pictures, links, and even allow room for you to do some searching on your own.  But instead some of the people here were so quick to blitz me and the newspapaers (yet alone not even respond to the picture) and say it was all made up.  As if the democrats haven't resorted to this in the past.  And this by the same people who were so quick to defend the CBS memos?  All I can say is, if you're not convinced, is go to Tennessee, Wisconsin, Florida, or Minnesota and ask the people involved if it really happened.  I bet even some of the more honest liberals will admit, and i'm sure the conservatives will be mad as a firecracker and out for blood (not literally of course.)  Amazing double-standard, it really is.

The problem is, GWB, that just about all of the stuff you have posted has turned out to be falacious, and you have never once owned up to that fact.  Two examples - the soccar ball (as Kerry was getting off a plane?  Where were the secrit service guys?)  And the little girl who's brother was tormenting her.  Seems to me that you have lost credibility, like the boy who cried "wolf" once to often.

On the other hand, if you were to admit that your sources were wrong (lying?) two positive things might happen.  First, we here on the board might pay more respect to your opinions, as we do to conservatives like Rocknrollfan and Mushroom, and you might come to realize that your sources are bogus and find legitimate outlets that share your political slant (if there are any).  You  would gain credibility.  Oh, and you might also consider expressing your own views instead of parroting the "party line", as both R&RF and Mush have done.  That engenders respect.

Written By: philbo on 10/08/04 at 4:17 pm

Amazing double-standard, it really is.

Coming from you, that's incredibly rich - I'd be using the "boy who cried wolf" analogy here if DC hadn't just beaten me to it.  Look through the threads you've started over the past few weeks which involve "oh, aren't the Democrats such nasty people", and count the number that *haven't* been proven to be lies, photoshopped pictures etc.  Then you expect us to believe a load more and accuse us of double-standards when we're sceptical.

Did you even consider, for example, that the only time a Republican office had a bullet through the window a robbery took place nearby while the police were all at the site of the first shooting?  Didn't that make you think even for one miniscule second that it was more likely that the shooting was intended as a diversion, not as a Democrat drive-by?

The sort of behaviour described in these articles is loutish and the perpetrators should be brought to justice where they've gone over the bounds of legality, irrespective of political affiliation - but one of the reasons I (and some others on this forum) find it hard to accept your simplistic analysis that "this is the sort of thing Democrats do" is that such behaviour is so unbelievably stupid and counterproductive that it's very hard to take at face value - especially when the reports do not always support your "it's the Dems again" diatribe.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/08/04 at 10:08 pm

Did anyone else notice GWB2004 is now a "guest"???

wasn't my doing... or any of the moderators... I just checked the logs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/04 at 11:16 pm

Coming from you, that's incredibly rich - I'd be using the "boy who cried wolf" analogy here if DC hadn't just beaten me to it.  Look through the threads you've started over the past few weeks which involve "oh, aren't the Democrats such nasty people", and count the number that *haven't* been proven to be lies, photoshopped pictures etc.  Then you expect us to believe a load more and accuse us of double-standards when we're sceptical.

Did you even consider, for example, that the only time a Republican office had a bullet through the window a robbery took place nearby while the police were all at the site of the first shooting?  Didn't that make you think even for one miniscule second that it was more likely that the shooting was intended as a diversion, not as a Democrat drive-by?

The sort of behaviour described in these articles is loutish and the perpetrators should be brought to justice where they've gone over the bounds of legality, irrespective of political affiliation - but one of the reasons I (and some others on this forum) find it hard to accept your simplistic analysis that "this is the sort of thing Democrats do" is that such behaviour is so unbelievably stupid and counterproductive that it's very hard to take at face value - especially when the reports do not always support your "it's the Dems again" diatribe.

Here, here!  Well said, Philbo!

Written By: philbo on 10/09/04 at 7:52 am

wasn't my doing... or any of the moderators... I just checked the logs.

So he's thrown in the towel, do you think?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/09/04 at 10:49 am

That's a bummer. It was kind of "fun" having him around.

Edited to add: I just noticed he is back on with 1 post. Welcome back GWB

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/09/04 at 2:35 pm

Here, here!  Well said, Philbo!

I agree!!!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/09/04 at 4:00 pm

I don't know wheather to blame myself for not posting the article or to blame you for not reading what I said.  I clearly stated that there were two shooting, TWO.  One in Nashville, TN and one in Knoxville, TN.  The one in Knoxville had a bank robbed shortly after, so you liberals will point to that and ignore the shooting at the Bush-Cheney HQs.  But what about the shooting in Nashville, TN, Philbo, what about that.  There was no bank robbed afterwards, nothing stolen, just windows shot out at a Bush-Cheney office.  Unless you can come up with a great (and total BS) theory, I'll know how low some can go. 

Written By: philbo on 10/09/04 at 5:20 pm

I don't know wheather to blame myself for not posting the article or to blame you for not reading what I said. I clearly stated that there were two shooting, TWO. One in Nashville, TN and one in Knoxville, TN. The one in Knoxville had a bank robbed shortly after, so you liberals will point to that and ignore the shooting at the Bush-Cheney HQs. But what about the shooting in Nashville, TN, Philbo, what about that. There was no bank robbed afterwards, nothing stolen, just windows shot out at a Bush-Cheney office. Unless you can come up with a great (and total BS) theory, I'll know how low some can go.

I've just re-read your initial post, and there is no mention of two shootings - I followed the only link you included which made me come to the conclusion I mentioned earlier.  Could you please supply a reputable news source for your other story, and I'll have a look.

The other question is how you can be so sure the bullets come from a democratic gun when nobody's been arrested or charged, let alone proven guilty (and had their political affiliation come out in court).

Check for new replies or respond here...