» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Osama likes Bush

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/07/04 at 9:30 pm

It seems Osama thinks Bush would forward his cause more than Kerry. This was part of an interview on Democracy now.

IMAD KHADDURI: Well, I -- yes. That's what I'm saying. Now, I didn't come with that of my own. Six months ago, when there was the Spain Madrid train bombing and ten days later the Al Qaeda issued a statement on that, that was six months ago. They said, we will ask all operations to be halted in Spain, giving the Spanish people the chance to vote and perhaps withdraw, and they did. Now, the second part of that statement, declaration, was not published, was not widespread in the west. I did translate it and send it to the Toronto Star. It wasn't published there. What did it say? In it Osama Bin Laden was hoping, was saying to Bush: "I really wish that you would win next November election, because you are the only one who can convince the Muslims of the -- of the -- with your -- with your intransigence and violent approach, it will convince the Muslims that American military postures and foreign policy is against their interests. Therefore I have asked all operations to be suspended from the United States until the election. And after that, every event will have its own discourse." Now, he said–this is Osama Bin Laden saying–that if Kerry comes into -- into power, he will again ameliorate the whole situation. He will sugar-coat it to the Muslims, thinking that he's giving them democracy, or whatever. So that's why he was wishing -- Osama was wishing Bush, that he should be winning; and that's why he asked all of his operations to stop in the United States until the November elections. Now, when two months ago there was this big fiasco about the financial district among the attack by terrorists, and the red or orange alert came, again I sent it to the Toronto Star, a day earlier on Sunday. And I told Bill Schiller, he's the political editor of the Star, I said, "Look this is a hoax. Bin Laden doesn't intend to strike because he said so a few months ago. He has a policy on this." What I'm saying now is apparently -- apparently, with all these lies coming to bear, coming to light, and what is being done about them, really? Is the American public still -- who is really in a very litmus test of its own democracy. American democracy is really at risk these days. And still, American public still think, and the -- and this misconception that they have been -- they have been painted over with the mass media, they still believe in these lies. What hope is there but for this to continue and -- until it's -- until its termination? That Bush should stay, him and Cheney -- He owns the world. We simply live in it, but he owns it, he and Bush, apparently. That's the only way for it, I believe, to shorten the occupation of Iraq is for their policy to simply flop. But if Cheney comes and -- I mean if -- if Kerry comes and starts spending more time and trying to build coalitions, in the meantime much more Iraqi blood will be shed in that course. Therefore, I say, as I said again, and I am reiterating, that the best hope for the rest of the world is that Bush does win and sinks this whole empire in its own folly.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/07/1335230

So...

SUPPORT OSAMA, vote for BUSH.

Subject: Re: Osama likes Bush

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/09/04 at 1:05 pm

I guess the truth is on some level they need each other .....

Written By: Davester on 10/09/04 at 1:21 pm

I guess the truth is on some level they need each other .....

stop it, I'm getting all misty and stuff...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/04 at 1:38 pm

Consider that endless bombing and bulldozing never made Hamas and Hezbollah say Uncle.  In fact it served to raise the pulse of revenge and keep a steady stream of terror warriors, martyrs, and suicide bombers through the years. 
Israel can build a wall, America cannot.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/09/04 at 1:44 pm

Just as in Vietnam, for every one  you kill, five more take their place.

Check for new replies or respond here...