» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Are Psychedelic Mushrooms the Biblical 'Manna'?

Written By: ElDuderino on 10/10/04 at 6:58 pm

http://www.sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1976

Are Psychedelic Mushrooms the Biblical "Manna"?

International Politics by James Dure
October 15, 2004

Exodus 16:14-24 indicates that MANNA was definitely a MUSHROOM. It was a small round thing in the morning dew, it bred larva, and would melt to mush if not dried.

Fly's eggs cause larvae/worms in mushrooms. Daniel 5:3-5 with Exodus 16:32 and Hebrews 9:4 indicates that the mushroom was a DRUG. Those who drank from the cup containing MANNA had visions within the hour. Psilocybin takes 30-40 minutes to induce visions.

Hebrews 9:4 makes it clear that MANNA was the most holy thing to Israelites, kept in A POT OF GOLD in the ARK OF THE COVENANT, in the MOST HOLY OF HOLYS. Psalm 78:24-25 calls MANNA FOOD OF ANGELS, just as MAYAN/INCA PRIESTS from Meso-America called it TEONANACATL FOOD OF THE GODS. Coca and Tobacco Leaves found in Pharaohs tombs suggest it was ancestors of Mayan/Inca Priests who brought MUSHROOMS to Egypt.

MANNA is an Egyptian word, not Hebrew or Aramaic, meaning: The BREAD OF GOD. This is what Moses called it in Exodus 16:15. BREAD OF GOD equals: FOOD OF GOD, equals: TEONANACATL.

John 2:6-9 indicates that Jesus made water into wine by boiling mushrooms (Mushroom-Tea), the waterpots were made of stone, not clay, (stone pots were used for cooking, clay pots used for storing water)...

These pots already contained 2-3 firkins of a substance before the pots were filled with water. A "Firkin" is an Old-English measurement meaning a fourth part. Half to three-quarters of fresh mushrooms with water makes a potent tea. Tea is the safest way to consume field mushrooms, killing dangerous bacteria like E. Coli.

In the Atharva Veda, the Hindus called this Tea SOMA. Greeks called mushroom jelly AMBROSIA.

Moses, Christ, and Joseph, The favorite son of Israel, were all educated in Egypt. Solomon married Pharaoh¹s daughter, and Abraham found his God at a place called SHECHEM which is another Egyptian word for MANNA.

There is now good archeological evidence that Maya/Inca ancestors crossed the Atlantic, bringing with them advanced knowledge of STAR PRECESSION, PYRAMID ARCHITECTURE, and The MUSHROOM RITUAL to Egypt. There the Patriarchs of Israel all learned of it and became leaders amongst their people.

Plato describes how his great-grandfather Solon, met a banished priest from Egypt who revealed secret knowledge of how an advanced race from across the Atlantic brought knowledge that made Egypt so great and mighty (see ATLANTIS IN THE ANDES by Jim Allen).

MANNA was round, was found on the ground in the dew, would melt to mush if not dried or collected on time, and would breed larvae. All unique characteristics of mushrooms. When dried it was like WAFERS OF BREAD and its color was like CORIANDER SEED, the consistency and color of dried mushrooms. Exodus Ch. 16. © Sacred-Wine Press ©

-----------------

Hahaha, interesting.

I wouldn't be suprised if alot of 'religious experiences' could be attributed to natural psychedelics..

Subject: Re: Are Psychedelic Mushrooms the Biblical 'Manna'?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/10/04 at 7:10 pm

Micomysticism & humanity is a fascinating topic.  There's pretty strong evidence the Vikings et 'em before going out "berzerking."
Don't forget about ergot, a common bread mold.  There is a natural analogue to LSD in ergot.  This may account for some of the mystical experiences mentioned in the Bible.  Ergot poisoning was also a problem as the climate of Europe cooled in the "Little Ice Age."  Some theories identify ergot-induced delusions for some of the medieval witch paranoia.  Ergot may have been involved in the Salem witch hystery of 1692.

I'm assuming you've read Aldous Huxley's essays "The Doors of Perception" and "Heaven and Hell."  If you haven't, definitely do.  Another book I recommend is by the Swiss chemist who first synthesized LSD. 
Dr. Albert Hoffmann: LSD: My Problem Child.
There's a lot of other great writings on the subject, but I'd avoid Timothy Leary, he's full of cr#p!

Written By: ElDuderino on 10/10/04 at 7:26 pm

Yeah, I will check those books out.

Timothy Leary was indeed wrong in the aspect that LSD could change the entire world for the better(wasn't that basically what he claimed?) but I'm not anti-psychedelics by any stretch either. I think if done safely and in a controlled setting(also depending upon the person), it can be good for really getting inside yourself.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/04 at 5:53 am

Timothy Leary was indeed wrong in the aspect that LSD could change the entire world for the better(wasn't that basically what he claimed?) but I'm not anti-psychedelics by any stretch either. I think if done safely and in a controlled setting(also depending upon the person), it can be good for really getting inside yourself.

I can personally attest to all that you say above is true.

Written By: philbo on 10/11/04 at 7:30 am

John 2:6-9 indicates that Jesus made water into wine by boiling mushrooms (Mushroom-Tea), the waterpots were made of stone, not clay, (stone pots were used for cooking, clay pots used for storing water)...

Don't you just wish we could prove that as true?  Just think what it would do to your average fundamentalist congregation.  Halle-effing-lujah!

Written By: Jessica on 10/11/04 at 12:04 pm

Don't you just wish we could prove that as true?  Just think what it would do to your average fundamentalist congregation.  Halle-effing-lujah!

;D

That's an interesting take on the manna story. Maybe now I'll be more interested in reading that fictional book....NAH.

Written By: McDonald on 10/11/04 at 12:48 pm

Ahh, yes. Mushrooms... ::thinks of all the good times::

It's about the only activity I can be sold on that usually requires vomiting.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/04 at 5:44 pm

I would never take psychedelics because of my clinical depression.  It's too risky.  There's also a problem with quality and purity.  If you buy acid from some guy at a rock concert, you don't know what you're getting.  It could be strychnine and PCP!  If you know your 'shrooms, you stand a better chance, but you still don't know how well they've been cultured and stored.  Furthermore, unless you're a chemist with your own lab, you can't tell if your 'shrooms have been enhances with amphetamine or angel dust.  Since these drugs are illegal, there is no quality control mandated, and you have no recourse.  Thus, I don't encourage anybody to use psychedelics. 

Furthermore, the usefulness of LSD and other psychedelics is under the best circumstances limited.  For the right person at the right time, acid might lead to some profound insights, but it is not a useful tool for spiritual development in the long run.

Dr. Timothy Leary was a professor at the Harvard divinity school when he got wind of the new drug, LSD, in the early '60s.  Prior to that time, only an elite group of scientists, philosophers, and artists had experimented with LSD.  Aldous Huxley and Richard Alpert (aka Baba Ram Dass) are prime examples.  LSD was also abused by the U.S. government in the MK Ultra project, which is worth reading about on the 'net.
Leary was the first one who saw the potential of LSD for popular use.  He began holding LSD seminars with his students at Harvard.  Acid was legal until 1967.  The university objected, Leary continued anyway, so they fired him.  Leary carried on his activities at the old Hitchcock mansion in upstate New York (forgot what town in Duchess County).  The D.A. of Duchess county at the time was G. Gordon Liddy, who persecuted Leary to the best of his abilities.
Anyway, Leary did way too much acid and lost the faculty of sound judgment.  His life became one mad psychedelic hedonistic hippie rock'n'roll party after another.  Thus, Leary became a great hero to the hippies.
Dr. Albert Hoffmann, the Swiss chemsit who first synthesized the drug, was stunned.  He never thought LSD would become a pleasure drug.  In its pure and most potent form, acid is way too powerful to "drop" casually.
However, thanks to a man named Owsley, we got something called "blotter acid," which is much more durable and easy to store than pure liquid LSD.  However, even the best Owsley blotter was much less potent than the pure liquid form. 
By the time you heard Deadheads talking about taking six hits at a time, LSD had become the chemically perverted and inferior substance popular today.  If you took "six hits" of pure liquid acid (say, 800 micrograms) you'd spend a few months in a psychiatric hospital!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/11/04 at 7:29 pm

Micomysticism & humanity is a fascinating topic.  There's pretty strong evidence the Vikings et 'em before going out "berzerking."
Don't forget about ergot, a common bread mold.  There is a natural analogue to LSD in ergot.  This may account for some of the mystical experiences mentioned in the Bible.  Ergot poisoning was also a problem as the climate of Europe cooled in the "Little Ice Age."  Some theories identify ergot-induced delusions for some of the medieval witch paranoia.  Ergot may have been involved in the Salem witch hystery of 1692.

I'm assuming you've read Aldous Huxley's essays "The Doors of Perception" and "Heaven and Hell."  If you haven't, definitely do.  Another book I recommend is by the Swiss chemist who first synthesized LSD. 
Dr. Albert Hoffmann: LSD: My Problem Child.
There's a lot of other great writings on the subject, but I'd avoid Timothy Leary, he's full of cr#p!

If you are interested in reading about psychotroic drugs you might also look into the possible ficticious writing of Carlos Casteneda, begining with The Teachings of Don Juan.  There are at least 4 books in his series about his (supposed) experiances with a Mexican Burjo (healer, witch, wise man - difficult to translate).

I have absoulutely no problem believing that most "religious experiences" were caused by hillusinations of one kind or another, and led to revealed religions.  Jesus must have been on one he11 of a high, Mohammed too.  And so, for thousands of years people have been slaughtering each other for the visions of dopers.  Go figure.

Check for new replies or respond here...