» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What it's like to be on the ground in Iraq

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/04 at 12:12 pm

http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=45&aid=72659

This was written by a reporter for the quite conservative Wall Street Journal.  After it was leaked, it was announced she would be on vacation until after the elections. 

I guess when Bush talks about Iraq being safer than ever, he means a different Iraq than the one on this planet.  Maybe his plan was to bring Al-Qaeda to a place where they might be easier to spot, since they're busy killing people in the open.  If you give them an American target in their own backyard, they're way too busy with that, to bother attacking the homeland right?  He's right, I do feel safer, since I'm past the age of being draft eligable.

Subject: Re: What it's like to be on the ground in Iraq

Written By: Jessica on 10/13/04 at 12:19 pm

D a m n. That's all I have to say...d a m n.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/13/04 at 12:38 pm

D a m n. That's all I have to say...d a m n.

That is pretty much what I was thinking too.

But we all have to remember that the mission is accomplished and that everything in Iraq is going very well. Well for whom? IMO, I would say well for Al Quida and well for the people willing to kill others-and it doesn't matter who the "others" are that they are willing to kill. What a fine mess Dubya got us (and the world) into. Do I feel "safer" because Saddam is out of power? Not no, but H3LL NO!!!

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/13/04 at 1:15 pm

This is truely a mess, but not a surprise.  This is exactly what I predicted before the invasion started.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/13/04 at 6:31 pm

One has to wonder what the long game is really about.......

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/14/04 at 5:40 pm

One has to wonder what the long game is really about.......

I can answer that with one word...

OIL

Anyv questions?

Written By: Satish on 10/15/04 at 1:36 am

I was thinking about accepting a position as a highly paid(and I mean VERY highly paid) private contractor in Iraq. But after reading that, maybe I should reconsider. I mean, is it really worth all that trouble?

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/04 at 2:10 am

I was thinking about accepting a position as a highly paid(and I mean VERY highly paid) private contractor in Iraq. But after reading that, maybe I should reconsider. I mean, is it really worth all that trouble?

I work for a company that does gov't work, and nothing but gov't work.  One of the leaders of our division came up last week to talk about various projects, and mentioned that he was glad we didn't appear to win one of our contracts that would have required us to send instructors over there, since he didn't know how (or want to) ask people to go over there.  When gov't contractors don't even want to cash in on something, you know something isn't right with the situation. My wife told me that if the situation were ever to arise where they asked me, I'd be tendering my resignation (not that it ever would, I ALWAYS stay in the local office, no travel for me).

Written By: Jessica on 10/15/04 at 11:58 am

I can answer that with one word...

OIL

Anyv questions?

And we all see how that's going. Could explain why gas rose two cents again yesterday. ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/04 at 12:35 pm

And we all see how that's going. Could explain why gas rose two cents again yesterday. ::)

It doesn't matter how much you pay for your gasoline, all that matters is that Bush's buddies get to be the ones who sell it. Until the invasion, the French and the Russians were Iraq's biggest customers.  I wonder why they protested the invasion?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/15/04 at 12:49 pm

It doesn't matter how much you pay for your gasoline, all that matters is that Bush's buddies get to be the ones who sell it. Until the invasion, the French and the Russians were Iraq's biggest customers.  I wonder why they protested the invasion?

Personally, I think the high gas prices are artificial. The oil refineries are making out like bandits with these high prices-and who owns the refineries? You guessed it-Duyba's buddies.

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 10/15/04 at 2:25 pm

Personally, I think the high gas prices are artificial. The oil refineries are making out like bandits with these high prices-and who owns the refineries? You guessed it-Duyba's buddies.

Cat

I hope they choke on the six cents that raised gas prices from $2.27 to $2.33 overnight. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...