» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Article: Bush job approval up, surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Gallup

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/17/04 at 4:57 pm

Bush surges in poll

USA Today
Sunday, Oct. 17

President Bush surged to a solid lead in the latest USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup national poll, opening up an eight-point spread over Democratic challenger John Kerry.

In a poll taken Thursday-Saturday, Bush received 52% support from likely voters, Kerry received 44% and independent Ralph Nader received 1%. Three percent of likely voters had no opinion.

The 52% figure is a tie for Bush's largest support number since March, when it first became apparent Kerry would be the Democratic presidential nominee. Posted at 1:04 p.m. ET. It is a significant change from a poll of only a week ago, when Kerry received 49%, Bush received 48% and Nader received 1%.

LINK: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/electionline.htm

--Who is laughing now!?

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up,surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Gallupl

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 5:02 pm

You're spinning the wheels on this...I'm just gonna wait until November 3rd and either rejoice or live with it. I survived 8 years of the  Clintons but enjoyed 8 with Reagan.

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up, surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Gallup

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/04 at 5:49 pm

The second four years of Bush will be years no one will enjoy, unless you are on the right side of the fascist coup.  The Administration will do what fascists always do and blame scapegoats for all the disasters that will befall the nation...I just hope the self-proclaimed conservatives on this board will have the sense to turn away from the propaganda.  You don't have to admit to me or anyone else that Bush was bad news all along, but for the good of the country, just admit it to yourselves.

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up, surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Gallup

Written By: Dagwood on 10/17/04 at 6:46 pm

You're spinning the wheels on this...I'm just gonna wait until November 3rd and either rejoice or live with it. I survived 8 years of the Clintons but enjoyed 8 with Reagan.

Same here, Mark.  I don't even know why I am in this thread.  I have resolved to avoid political threads until the election is over. :)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/17/04 at 6:50 pm

Same here, Mark.  I don't even know why I am in this thread.  I have resolved to avoid political threads until the election is over. :)
I'm really trying but when I SEE some of this stuff....I am really going to TRY and just follow your lead, Dagny...before I go  :D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/17/04 at 10:12 pm

Bush surges in poll

USA Today
Sunday, Oct. 17

President Bush surged to a solid lead in the latest USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup national poll, opening up an eight-point spread over Democratic challenger John Kerry.

In a poll taken Thursday-Saturday, Bush received 52% support from likely voters, Kerry received 44% and independent Ralph Nader received 1%. Three percent of likely voters had no opinion.

The 52% figure is a tie for Bush's largest support number since March, when it first became apparent Kerry would be the Democratic presidential nominee. Posted at 1:04 p.m. ET. It is a significant change from a poll of only a week ago, when Kerry received 49%, Bush received 48% and Nader received 1%.

LINK: http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/electionline.htm

--Who is laughing now!?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20041015/capt.sge.slm85.151004220343.photo00.default-380x245.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/04 at 1:47 am

http://www.frieden-mannheim.de/images/dubya-barney-leadership.jpg

Written By: philbo on 10/18/04 at 7:37 am

I have resolved to avoid political threads until the election is over. :)

I'm still trying to find a good reason why people think GWB should be re-elected: it seems to boil down to photoshopped pics of Kerry, made-up Kerry quotes and regurgitated urban legends with the names changed...

If Bush has indeed surged to an 8-point lead, then damn, it must have been a *really* cool photoshop pic

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up, surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Ga

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/18/04 at 9:36 am

I'm still trying to find a good reason why people think GWB should be re-elected: it seems to boil down to photoshopped pics of Kerry, made-up Kerry quotes and regurgitated urban legends with the names changed...

If Bush has indeed surged to an 8-point lead, then darn, it must have been a *really* cool photoshop pic

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

it's ok, that lead already evaporated today and Kerry is ahead (and ahead in New Hampshire which is a very Republican state).  The polls are very much like the weather in New England.  If you don't like the polls, wait a day and they'll change in your favor.  Funny GW doesn't post when the polls show Kerry ahead.

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up, surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Ga

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/04 at 9:48 am

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

it's ok, that lead already evaporated today and Kerry is ahead (and ahead in New Hampshire which is a very Republican state).  The polls are very much like the weather in New England.  If you don't like the polls, wait a day and they'll change in your favor.  Funny GW doesn't post when the polls show Kerry ahead.

He did inform us electoral-vote.com was a "liberal feel-good site," didn't he?
???

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/18/04 at 9:54 am

He did inform us electoral-vote.com was a "liberal feel-good site," didn't he?
???

only on the days the polls show Bush behind.

Written By: philbo on 10/18/04 at 11:03 am

Kind of scary, today's map: it's showing them only 10 electoral votes apart, with Florida down as a tie...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/18/04 at 11:22 am

Kind of scary, today's map: it's showing them only 10 electoral votes apart, with Florida down as a tie...

yes, but tomorrow Fox News will run a survey and show Bush leads by 20% of the votes, and that Dick Cheney is considered sexy by hot young women all over the country. They also said that if you vote for Bush, when you die you're rewarded with 20 virgins.  If it works for Bush's closest friend, it should work for his campaign.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/04 at 11:27 am

yes, but tomorrow Fox News will run a survey and show Bush leads by 20% of the votes, and that dip Cheney is considered sexy by hot young women all over the country. They also said that if you vote for Bush, when you die you're rewarded with 20 virgins.  If it works for Bush's closest friend, it should work for his campaign.

LMAO!

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 10/18/04 at 1:02 pm

Their projections today put everything up to Florida, once again. The state is dead-locked, and they're up to their old tricks again. Of course, JEB denies everything and accuses the Liberals of appointing lawyers and such merely to raise doubt and to undermine the democratic system, and all the pundits on ABC News agree of course.... They sugges that America needs to "take back" its elctoral system (even though we've never actually had it) and that's funny because they do so in accusing the Liberals who are only hiring lawyers to make sure the same funny-business that went on last time doesn't reoccur, which was a direct undermining and theft of the political system.... It's all so hypocritical it makes me f**king sick, actually.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/04 at 1:09 pm

But, what if I don't want a virgin?  I wouldn't mind 20 men who know what they're doing, though ;)

Sounds good to me, Cheer.  ;)

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/18/04 at 1:32 pm

http://www.frieden-mannheim.de/images/dubya-barney-leadership.jpg

http://www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/kerrys_global_test_kit.jpg

Subject: Re: Article: Bush job approval up,surges to an 8 point lead in USA Today/CNN/Gallupl

Written By: Davester on 10/18/04 at 1:54 pm

You're spinning the wheels on this...I'm just gonna wait until November 3rd and either rejoice or live with it. I survived 8 years of the  Clintons but enjoyed 8 with Reagan.

Cannot fathom why you would rejoice.  I wonder if you fully grasp the significance of the upcoming election...

It comes down to a simple comparison, RN'R: Kerry and Edwards dare claim a better way. At present, Bush is selling me four more years of what I already disapprove of. And when we get down to it, quite simply, if we take a Democrat and a Republican and cut to the chase, and pretend that someday a politician will deliver on campaign promises and even the character of the general paradigm espoused, life gets better when it's a Democrat than when it's a Republican. In most cases, at least. Can we do better than a Democratic politician's vision? In theory, yes. But the statistical chance? Very, very low, as a natural result of advocating respect for diversity.

A President Kerry will be in a unique position. If he screws up nearly as badly as Bush, your buddy Michael Moore, will probably be shot to death by the National Guard while trying to film the riots and street battles resulting from the Democratic Party aligning itself with the GOP and against the people.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/18/04 at 2:24 pm

But, what if I don't want a virgin?  I wouldn't mind 20 men who know what they're doing, though ;)

One at a time, or all at once?  Either way, you will be a busy angel.  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/18/04 at 2:38 pm

How many jobs lost over the last 4 years?  How many more people in poverty?  How many more without health insurance?  One also needs to consider the mismanagement of the stupid war in Iraq: insufficent troop levels, troops without proper equipment (a near mutiny just the other day).  And how about the loss of allies' support?  How about the increasingly negative image of us over seas?

An interesting op-ed piece in yesterday's Rutland Herald & Times Argus

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041017/NEWS/410170313/1030/FEATURES15

Compares our current situation in Iraq and the world with an old game called Diplomacy  which was based on Europe before WWI.  The lesson of the game was that you can't win without allies.  Check it out.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 11:21 pm

Cannot fathom why you would rejoice.  I wonder if you fully grasp the significance of the upcoming election...

It comes down to a simple comparison, RN'R: Kerry and Edwards dare claim a better way. At present, Bush is selling me four more years of what I already disapprove of. And when we get down to it, quite simply, if we take a Democrat and a Republican and cut to the chase, and pretend that someday a politician will deliver on campaign promises and even the character of the general paradigm espoused, life gets better when it's a Democrat than when it's a Republican. In most cases, at least. Can we do better than a Democratic politician's vision? In theory, yes. But the statistical chance? Very, very low, as a natural result of advocating respect for diversity.

A President Kerry will be in a unique position. If he screws up nearly as badly as Bush, your buddy Michael Moore, will probably be shot to death by the National Guard while trying to film the riots and street battles resulting from the Democratic Party aligning itself with the GOP and against the people.

We ALL have our own opinions and rights to those opinions.....I respect yours and I don't expect you to respect mine....that is your choice. As for Mr. Moore....I do not like him but I certainly do not wish him any harm. I even was glad that Bill Clinton pulled through his surgery. I'm with Dagny on this....I've said what I wanted to say until after the election. Good luck to your choice and good luck to mine....may the best man win ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/04 at 11:39 pm

We ALL have our own opinions and rights to those opinions.....I respect yours and I don't expect you to respect mine....that is your choice. As for Mr. Moore....I do not like him but I certainly do not wish him any harm. I even was glad that Bill Clinton pulled through his surgery. I'm with Dagny on this....I've said what I wanted to say until after the election. Good luck to your choice and good luck to mine....may the best man win ;)

I know who the best man is, I'm just afraid Dumbya will win again anyway, or "win" again I should say.  I can't figure out which is worse, Bush winning fair and square and knowing a majority of Americans really don't know what's good for 'em, or the Republicans trying to steal the election again, and causing a Constitutional crisis.
To be fair, I suppose the Dems could be the ones to steal it, but there's no way in h*ll the Republican controlled Congress and Supreme Court would let that happen. 
::)

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/18/04 at 11:44 pm

I know who the best man is, I'm just afraid Dumbya will win again anyway, or "win" again I should say.  I can't figure out which is worse, Bush winning fair and square and knowing a majority of Americans really don't know what's good for 'em, or the Republicans trying to steal the election again, and causing a Constitutional crisis.
To be fair, I suppose the Dems could be the ones to steal it, but there's no way in h*ll the Republican controlled Congress and Supreme Court would let that happen. 
::)
C'MON...we would've been better with GORE. That ship has sailed. Let It GO! Anyway, YOU think Kerry is best and I can respect that....I just happen to disagree. THAT is my final post in here...and lastly, I sincerely wish Michael Moore the best and hope he is not seriously ill. Last time: Good Luck to Kerry AND Good Luck to Bush....we shall see. Peace....OUT :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/04 at 11:45 pm

Heerz a question 4 both Yanks and Brits:

http://www.web-frog.com/pics/dubya-blair-grin.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/18/04 at 11:56 pm

C'MON...we would've been better with GORE.

You're right.  That sentence is correct as a declarative, not an interrogative

That ship has sailed. Let It GO!
For the last doggone time, you don't just "let go" the biggest crime against political procedure in the past 100 years!  Man, you've got to kucking fidding with that "let it GO" jazz.  I know the right-wingers started saying that in February 2001, like bank robbers hiding their loot, but...C'MON!  If Kerry wins (or is allowed to win) this time, our nation will still be tainted by the 2001 election because we failed to do the right thing!  This insult to democracy will never be resolved until our politicians and our press 'fess up to their complicity, and our Supreme Court makes a formal declaration of culpability.  Only then can the healing process begin!!!

Written By: Davester on 10/19/04 at 7:24 am

I'm not questioning your opinion, but your judgement...

That ship has sailed. Let It GO!

But you're the one, when nowhere else to turn, can only turn to pick on Slick Willie...

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/19/04 at 7:47 am

I'm not questioning your opinion, but your judgement...

But you're the one, when nowhere else to turn, can only turn to pick on Slick Willie...
I humbly respect your right to feel that way...as do I, As for Bill, funny I waited until AFTER he was thankfully out of office to make my feelings known. You may even call my ramblings about him....legendary! I will enjoy the election, no matter who wins I will NOT move out of the country or spend my days whining. And now I could be compared to a politician because I lied about my last post being my last word on this subject.....Oh well..2nd chances are good. I buh-bye to the political thread and try and follow Dagny's lead. :)

Written By: Davester on 10/19/04 at 7:50 am

I humbly respect your right to feel that way...as do I, As for Bill, funny I waited until AFTER he was thankfully out of office to make my feelings known. You may even call my ramblings about him....legendary! I will enjoy the election, no matter who wins I will NOT move out of the country or spend my days whining. And now I could be compared to a politician because I lied about my last post being my last word on this subject.....Oh well..2nd chances are good. I buh-bye to the political thread and try and follow Dagny's lead. :)

Yeah, we're in the final stretch, now.  I suppose, barring late-breaking scandals, it's all over but the shouting...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/04 at 11:47 am

I humbly respect your right to feel that way...as do I, As for Bill, funny I waited until AFTER he was thankfully out of office to make my feelings known.

There's never been a custom in the U.S. for citizens to wait until a politician is out of office before criticizing him.  That is antithetical to the freedoms upon which our republic was founded.  The First Amendment says you can criticize Bill Clinton anytime.

If you are saying you didn't participate in the hysterical pile-on about Clinton's philandering, you're a better man for it.

My wrath against Bush is not what he does in his dumb old personal life, but against his policies.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/20/04 at 6:40 am

Heerz a question 4 both Yanks and Brits:

http://www.web-frog.com/pics/dubya-blair-grin.jpg

I'll go with the grin....even though Tony Blair is to smart to try and get away with a 'fake' grin.

http://www.nojohnkerry.org/imagemedia/counterpunch/terrorism-kerry.jpg

My personal favorite:
http://www.sacredcowburgers.com/parodies/john_kerry_half_cocked.jpg

''Sportsmen for Kerry are like: Jews for Hitler, PETA babes for Nuge, Parents for Jeffery Dahmer, Babysitters for John Wayne Gacey, Nurses for Richard Speck, Worms for Robins, Pinocchio for Woodchippers, etc etc etc. sheesh!!  Retards.'' -Ted Nugent

Written By: philbo on 10/20/04 at 7:45 am

I think there has been an exaggeration, too - a humungous one.  Kerry is 100% right.

Seeing as you're many times more likely to be killed in a road accident, by a smoking related disease, by a drinking-related disease (or a drink-related road accident), by non-terrorist homicide.. even by accident (and in every year except one by being struck by lightning) than you are to be killed in a terrorist incident: don't you think that killing tens of thousands of civilians, not to mention more than a thousand of your own army dying, and spending tens of billions of dollars on it might be considered a teensy-weensy bit of an overreaction? 

..except that (as has been argued elsewhere), the plans for invading Iraq had already been discussed *before* 9/11, which makes it a useful excuse, it's not the reason.

Can America afford Kerry?  You're going to have huge difficulties affording what Bush has spent already and committed you to spend over the coming years.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/20/04 at 8:14 am

I think there has been an exaggeration, too - a humungous one.  Kerry is 100% right.

Seeing as you're many times more likely to be killed in a road accident, by a smoking related disease, by a drinking-related disease (or a drink-related road accident), by non-terrorist homicide.. even by accident (and in every year except one by being struck by lightning) than you are to be killed in a terrorist incident: don't you think that killing tens of thousands of civilians, not to mention more than a thousand of your own army dying, and spending tens of billions of dollars on it might be considered a teensy-weensy bit of an overreaction? 

..except that (as has been argued elsewhere), the plans for invading Iraq had already been discussed *before* 9/11, which makes it a useful excuse, it's not the reason.

Can America afford Kerry?  You're going to have huge difficulties affording what Bush has spent already and committed you to spend over the coming years.

So 3,000 people should be cast aside?  Do you agree with Kerry that terrorism should be a police matter?  Do you think it is just a minor problem?  Do you think we should outsource our national security to the United Nations and the corrupt leaders at the EU who force their people to be apart of the European Union (EU)?  57% of Europeans according to an opinion poll done over there say they want America to be ''weaker.''  Why do you think these people support John Kerry?  Because he is a lying Massachusetts socialist loser who plans on doing just that.

3,000 people here.  Another 17 there.  191 here.  Over 300 children in Russia.  Maybe these deaths aren't frequent enough for some liberals and EU scum, who have already folded to the Islamic fascists, but this cannot go on.  You can't let people die needlessly like that, ignore it, and expect the families of the victims to just accept it like you would with someone who has been struck by lightning.

Now we are killing terrorist in Afghanistan and Iraq, murdering bas****s, and we got little babies like this Amber women, who is a plant from the DNC calling her mommy telling her to raise pure hell.  She should be court marshalled and thrown into jail for 15 years, quite frankly I think she should be hung.  Back in WWII we had soldiers who were fighting at the Battle of the Bulge, vastly outnumbered, cold as hell because they had summer clothing when they needed winter clothing, not enough ammo., and forced to dig with shovels.  Did they throw down there shovels, call mommy and the next day she get on that traitor network NBC!?  This war is no different, she commited pure mutiny, and lied about it saying here fuel trucks were not armored.  FUEL TRUCKS ARE NEVER ARMORED, they can't move when they are!  Liar.  Did NBC do the first rule in news and investigate to see if her charges were true?  Nope they pulled a CBS/Dan Rather and went ahead with the story.  Even Clinton's former Sec. of Defense said what they did should not be accepted.

Written By: philbo on 10/20/04 at 1:14 pm

If you were to spend that kind of money in social/welfare programmes, you'd save hundreds of thousands or even millions of lives - that's why it's disproportionate.  Ignoring that Iraq had fudge all to do with terrorism in the first place.  Though that certainly ain't the case now: your precious president is making things worse for you in the long term, not better.

And before you talk through your arse about "liberals and EU scum", GET A SENSE OF PERSPECTIVE - nobody has said that they want people to be killed, only narrowminded bigots like yourself could come up with that kind of asinine remark.  If anyone is a death-monger around here, it certainly ain't coming from this side of the Atlantic (certain Labour politicans excepted).

Check for new replies or respond here...