» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: A sense of deja vu?

Written By: philbo on 10/19/04 at 6:56 am

On the bright side, at least any shinanegans regarding purge lists from the voting register is being aired *before* polling starts:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041016/NEWS/410160348/1060

Subject: Re: A sense of deja vu?

Written By: philbo on 10/19/04 at 7:41 am

...and if it's not one thing, it's another:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1330495,00.html

Written By: McDonald on 10/19/04 at 10:18 am

Wow, the Sarasota HeraldTribune. I used to live in Sarasota, did for about six years. Great place. In fact, there's a pop-up ad on one of those pages, at the top, for Kobernick/Anchin retirement communities... I worked for Kobernick for two and a half years when I was in high school. It's for Jewish people, and I remember in 2000 when the whole place was like "GORE GORE GORE..." Ahh, memories. I moved to the sh*thole called TX almost two years ago.

On 9/11, Dubya was at Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota. I went to Booker High, and I remember passing by that elementary school on the bus to my own school, and seeing all the protesters lined up. This elementary school was like SMACK DAB in the middle of Sarasota's largest Black community. So you can imagine how pissed those people were about the election the previous year.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/04 at 11:52 am

Wow, the Sarasota HeraldTribune. I used to live in Sarasota, did for about six years. Great place. In fact, there's a pop-up ad on one of those pages, at the top, for Kobernick/Anchin retirement communities... I worked for Kobernick for two and a half years when I was in high school. It's for Jewish people, and I remember in 2000 when the whole place was like "GORE GORE GORE..." Ahh, memories. I moved to the sh*thole called TX almost two years ago.

On 9/11, Dubya was at Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota. I went to Booker High, and I remember passing by that elementary school on the bus to my own school, and seeing all the protesters lined up. This elementary school was like SMACK DAB in the middle of Sarasota's largest Black community. So you can imagine how ticked those people were about the election the previous year.

Oh, that's the school where Dubya was on 9/11.  "My Pet Goat" Haw haw haw!  There's a pic still circulating with Dubya at some school holding a children's book upside down, but it's a phony.

Anyway, I've never been to Sarasota, but I hear a lot of bikers hang out there, and that was the location of the infamous PeeWee Herman incident.

So, you've got a good perspective on Bush country, I guess, Florida and Texas!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/19/04 at 3:14 pm

It has also been widely reported that the RNC hired firms to register voters, and they have been discarding the forms from Dems in at least 3 states.  Don't remember which ones.  The whistle blower had a stack of them which he claims he found in a car trunk weeks after the law required them to be turned in.  And this is what we call democracy?????????????  :\'(

I suggest that if (when) Bush & Co. steal the election we ALL work for a general strike.  Our democracy is at stake.

Written By: philbo on 10/19/04 at 4:49 pm

... we ALL work for a general strike.

...isn't that oxymoron? ;)

I read that about the discarded registration forms, too - I thought it had been aired here already (though I might be getting my forums mixed)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/20/04 at 2:26 pm

Working for a general strike,
...isn't that oxymoron? ;)

At first glance you might think so, but they don't "just happen".  It takes work, organization, coordination, to pull off a general strike.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/21/04 at 2:32 pm

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/lv-gov/2004/oct/14/517665814.html

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1015sproul15.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/campaigncentral/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1097755372271960.xml

and these are but 3 of the many I found...funny, I thought only Democrats pulled stunts like this ::) ::) ::) <<<sarcasm

heck, I even found some info on freerepublic.com :o

Thanks Cheer, I usually have to pay my research assistants (although when its Cat not with $$$  ;)) 

But what about the general strike?

Check for new replies or respond here...