» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sinclair changes it's positon on Kerry doc

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/20/04 at 12:53 pm

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91317|1|,00.html

I guess when your stock drops in value after one week of protests, it changes your mind for you.

This was the same type of pressure given towards CBS for the Regan docu-drama, but I'm sure we'll hear from the neocons about how this causes their freedom of speech to suffer.

Subject: Re: Sinclair changes it's positon on Kerry doc

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/04 at 12:57 pm

I did post this in the boycott thread. But yeah, when stocks drop, you know something is wrong.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/20/04 at 1:34 pm

I did post this in the boycott thread. But yeah, when stocks drop, you know something is wrong.

Cat

When the stock drops 6 inches the Bush gets wet.  (What? you say.  Its an inside joke)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/20/04 at 6:46 pm

When the stock drops 6 inches the Bush gets wet.  (What? you say.  Its an inside joke)

Actually, I did post that joke on the Jokes thread in the PPP.  ;)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/04 at 9:47 pm

I started a thread on this, but apparently no one bothered to post on it.

"They make Fox News look like Edward R. Morrow."
--Al Franken, on Sinclair Broadcasting

Pressure from Media Matters and shareholders forces right-wing Sinclair Broadcasting to cancel its all-station broadcast of anti-Kerry propaganda film Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal.  They are now going to try for an hour-long anti-Kerry "newscast" on only some affiliates.
Details
:http://mediamatters.org/items/200410200001

Check for new replies or respond here...