» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush has plenty of countries backing his re-election. Here's one

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/20/04 at 2:44 pm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&ncid=696&e=1&u=/ap/20041019/ap_on_el_pr/iran_us_elections

Iran thinks it's in their best interests if Bush maintains office for another four years. 

Subject: Re: Bush has plenty of countries backing his re-election. Here's one

Written By: marthadtox3 on 10/20/04 at 3:51 pm

They may be being optimistic.......

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/04 at 5:05 pm

See, it's that nasty Human Rights thing the Dems are always tubthumping about.  So what if the Bush named Iran part of the Axis of Evil, Western political parties that endorse the execution of teenagers is hard to find!
Mind you, due to the pesky appeals process, the kid might be 30 before he actually gets the hot shot, but you can be sure the Republicans will fight for the elimination of those appeals so execution at 16 will mean just that!.

I'm not sure how much I really believe that story anyway.  It comes from the AP wire.  I only trust reliable sources such as Drudge and Newsmax!
;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/04 at 7:38 am

I'm not sure how much I really believe that story anyway.  It comes from the AP wire.  I only trust reliable sources such as Drudge and Newsmax!
;D

What about the Free Republic? I hear they're a highly respected paper amongst canaries that read it on the bottom of their cages.

If you really want something authoritative, nothing beats a conservative blog or editorial in some backwater newspaper.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/04 at 8:55 am

Gee, how could I forget FreeRepublic.com???  I even linked to it earlier yesterday ;D ;)

really? I always feel like I should scrub my computer down with bleach after I visit that site, lest the fungus continue to grow.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/21/04 at 1:29 pm

Something like this appeared on another thread.  A statement quoting Bin Laden as supporting Bush.  Is there a patteern here?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/21/04 at 3:04 pm

Something tells me this is reverse, and they are saying this to HURT Bush, and everyone of you have probably thought that.  But lets say it is true....

Now who did Arafat endorse?  Hmm....?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/04 at 5:07 pm

Something tells me this is reverse, and they are saying this to HURT Bush, and everyone of you have probably thought that.  But lets say it is true....

Now who did Arafat endorse?  Hmm....?

Arafat, as far as I know, prefers Kerry to Bush.  But what tells you "they are asying this to HURT Bush"?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/21/04 at 5:10 pm

Arafat, as far as I know, prefers Kerry to Bush.  But what tells you "they are asying this to HURT Bush"?

This could be easily calculated by Iran, endorse Bush to make Bush look bad and hope people vote to Kerry (which is who they really want.)  See how it works, just because they SAY they endorse Bush doesn't mean they really do.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/04 at 5:44 pm

This could be easily calculated by Iran, endorse Bush to make Bush look bad and hope people vote to Kerry (which is who they really want.)  See how it works, just because they SAY they endorse Bush doesn't mean they really do.

By that logic, Arafat could just as well calculate the negative jolt against Kerry due to his endorsement, thus increasing the chances of a Bush victory, the one he really wants!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/04 at 1:59 pm

Bin Laden wants Bush because he knows that Bush will sharpen the divisions between Islam and the west, and thus generate more fundamentalists to his cause.  Kerry will try to put a kinder face on US imperialism, and thus prolong the struggle.

Check for new replies or respond here...