» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yes, only Democrats steal signs, and only punk kids do it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/04 at 7:33 am

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/cda/article_print/0,1983,DRMN_36_3264139_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html

Sounds like a real wienner winner. Every party has at least a few (not that some of the people who post here would ever accept that).

Subject: Re: Yes, only Democrats steal signs, and only punk kids do it.

Written By: philbo on 10/21/04 at 7:46 am

Next thing to try selling on ebay: a combination sign board and taser ;)

Written By: Davester on 10/21/04 at 7:58 am

Someone went through OUR neighborhood and took or vandalized all the Kerry/Edwards signs...I didn't have one, but the couple across the street did and another friend of mine had theirs stolen too.  Although, the ones that were stolen ended up in the HA president's yard ;D ;D ;D

This is the reason I reconsidered a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker.  Antyhing political, including an Oakland Raiders decal I nearly applied to the truck, is not a good idea...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/21/04 at 8:53 am

This is the reason I reconsidered a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker.  Antyhing political, including an Oakland Raiders decal I nearly applied to the truck, is not a good idea...

I briefly watched the news this morning, and someone with New York plates made the mistake of leaving their SUV parked near Fenway last night.  It was on fire after the game.  As I followed someone in my car this morning, I noticed their "NY #1 Fan" vanity plate in the back of their window, and wondered if I would want something like that on my car this week (if I were indeed brain dead enough to cheer the Yanks on).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/04 at 10:09 am

This was in the morning paper today.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041021/NEWS/410210412/-1/category=NEWS01

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/21/04 at 11:07 am

I also find this too.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=584&e=9&u=/nm/20041020/pl_nm/campaign_vandals_dc

So yeah, it happens on both sides.

Cat

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/21/04 at 12:59 pm

It sure dows happen on both sides. On 850 KOA in Denver yesterday, I heard a story about a lady who reported her Bush sign stolen from her yard. Her son ran outside in time to struggle with the  guy...the  guy then broke free and they got his license plate #...they went to "Randy's house but he wasn't there....a couple hours passed with no news. Suddenly police were summoned to a downtown Denver building. When they arrived they saw a man lying unconscious on the sidewalk....seems he had climbed up to a Bush banner, lost his balance and fell. "Randy" was taken to jail....this election is bringing out the worst in a lot of people from BOTH sides....including me :-\\ :D

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/21/04 at 1:04 pm

It all strikes me as rather foolish.  ::)

Written By: McDonald on 10/21/04 at 9:10 pm

The Texas Democratic Party is giving out vandal-proof bumper stickers that say "Republicans, the real evil doers" where if one tries to rip the sticker off, the letters "USA" will still remain. LOL, right the f**k on!

Check for new replies or respond here...