» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: O'Reilly Settles

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 6:51 am

Bill O'Reilly is going to settle the case out of court, we will never get the whole story,
doesn't sound good for Bill.

Subject: Re: O'Reilly Settles

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/22/04 at 7:11 am

OH, POOR BILLY!!! ::) ::) ::)

Don't be, there was an article on Drudge (www.drudgereport.com) where they stated that since the scandal broke out, The O'Reilly Factor's ratings have gone up 34%.  I find it amazing this is a big deal to liberals, the same people who told republicans to get out of Bill Clinton's sex life when he was the PRESIDENT.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/22/04 at 7:39 am

Don't be, there was an article on Drudge (www.drudgereport.com) where they stated that since the scandal broke out, The O'Reilly Factor's ratings have gone up 34%.  I find it amazing this is a big deal to liberals, the same people who told republicans to get out of Bill Clinton's sex life when he was the PRESIDENT.

really? I don't remember the two people involved filing lawsuits against one another.  I remember the court prying into the personal affairs of two people. The fact that he's settling is pretty obvious, she has the goods on him. 

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 8:49 am

You don't go around bashing a guy for doing the same(or similar) thing you are doing, taking
that holier than thou attitude.You'll remember that gingrich had the sense to keep quiet during
Monicagate knowing that eventually the story, that he was at the same time embroiled in an
extramarital affair, would come out. 

Written By: philbo on 10/22/04 at 9:04 am

I find it amazing this is a big deal to liberals, the same people who told republicans to get out of Bill Clinton's sex life when he was the PRESIDENT.

So you don't see the difference between an affair between two consenting adults and sexual harassment?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/22/04 at 9:09 am

So you don't see the difference between an affair between two consenting adults and sexual harassment?

It is not that, it is more the fact that all these democrats were screaming to ''get out of peoples' private life.''  Now look at it.  And yes I do see a difference between LYING UNDER OATH and ''he said, she said'' sexual harassment charges.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/22/04 at 10:41 am

It is not that, it is more the fact that all these democrats were screaming to ''get out of peoples' private life.''  Now look at it.  And yes I do see a difference between LYING UNDER OATH and ''he said, she said'' sexual harassment charges.

It's funny how conservatives think a real estate fraud investigator (Whitewater) should be allowed to question someone about their sex life.  However harrasment claims against an abusive boss should be viewed as extortion.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/04 at 1:17 pm

It's funny how conservatives think a real estate fraud investigator (Whitewater) should be allowed to question someone about their sex life.  However harrasment claims against an abusive boss should be viewed as extortion.

Amen...and a red flag should go up at the phrase "there was an article on Drudge"!
:D

I thought the O'Reilly thing would blow over.  Maybe he'll wash his mouth out with soap and keep his trousers zipped from here on in.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/04 at 1:25 pm

I thought the O'Reilly thing would blow over.  Maybe he'll wash his mouth out with soap and keep his trousers zipped from here on in.

One can only hope.

Actually, I'm disappointed.  I was hoping for a long, drawn out, good old fashion sex  scandal.  Oh wellllll.  Guess good old Bill lacks the "cojones".

Written By: Satish on 10/22/04 at 2:00 pm

really? I don't remember the two people involved filing lawsuits against one another. 

Well, to be fair, Bill Clinton DID get sued for sexual harassment by Paula Jones.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/23/04 at 12:17 pm

Well, to be fair, Bill Clinton DID get sued for sexual harassment by Paula Jones.

I am a feminist, I have been sexually harassed and know what it means to have
someone basically drive you out of a job, and I will stand up and say the whole
Paula Jones thing was one of the worst smelling cases I have ever seen.  She
didn't feel sufficiently threatened for about 5 years, after the incident, didn't suffer
any repercussions, and got herself more than a few nice perks for filing the suit,
Have you ever wondered where the money for the nose job, new clothes, a legal
team came from.  Yes she has the right to speak up and say this happened, but
she didn't think it was such a terrible thing until dollars were waved in her face.  I
think she did a disservice to women who are in need by making her case a farce in
the face of those who have had to put up with the worst of what goes on.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/23/04 at 12:59 pm

Paula Jones WAS put up to the accusation by the far right.  David Brock lays it all out in his book Blinded by the Right.  It was all part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/23/04 at 6:25 pm

I am a feminist, I have been sexually harassed and know what it means to have
someone basically drive you out of a job, and I will stand up and say the whole
Paula Jones thing was one of the worst smelling cases I have ever seen.  She
didn't feel sufficiently threatened for about 5 years, after the incident, didn't suffer
any repercussions, and got herself more than a few nice perks for filing the suit,
Have you ever wondered where the money for the nose job, new clothes, a legal
team came from.   Yes she has the right to speak up and say this happened, but
she didn't think it was such a terrible thing until dollars were waved in her face.  I
think she did a disservice to women who are in need by making her case a farce in
the face of those who have had to put up with the worst of what goes on.

I couldn't agree more.

Cat

Written By: Hairspray on 10/27/04 at 10:10 am

O'Reilly Settles... hmm...

Figures. ::)

No surprise there either.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/27/04 at 5:37 pm

O'Reilly Settles... hmm...

Figures. ::)

No surprise there either.

I guess there were 2 factors.  First, the pervert was guilty, and second, more publicity would embareass the Bush campaign

Check for new replies or respond here...