» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Good News For Ann Coulter Haters

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/22/04 at 10:28 am

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041022/ap_on_re_us/columnist_speech_pies

Subject: Re: Good News For Ann Coulter Haters

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/22/04 at 10:39 am

that's not good news.  Good news would be if she found religion and decided to drop out of the public eye for a century

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/22/04 at 10:54 am

Good point, Chucky. But until then, I guess we'll take what we can get.  :-\\

that's not good news.  Good news would be if she found religion and decided to drop out of the public eye for a century

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/04 at 1:14 pm

I agree with Chucky.  Ann Coulter can just go on Fox News and say, "See, this is what liberals do, blah blah blah blah..." and make the pie-throwers representative of the temperament of all who oppose the fascist agenda.  If Coulter came to UMass, I'd just ignore the whole thing, although there would be plenty of protesters.

To me, Coulter is a pathetic figure, a woman with only a spoiled rich kid's perspective and a poor grip on reality.  Even mainstream conservatives don't take her seriously.  Remember a couple of years ago when the National Review canned her for calling them "girly boys"? 
;D

The worst thing about pie-ing Ann Coulter is that some juvenile Republcans might "get back" at the liberals nailing Al Franken or the next Left luminary who comes to campus.  I know campus liberal-types, they've got no sense of cause-and-effect when it comes to lashing out.  If Amy Goodman got nailed, they'd p*ss and moan about it for weeks.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/04 at 1:20 pm

The response was certainly not appropriate, especially on a university campus.  Heckling, on the other hand, is appropriate, as in asking questions.  Use your brain, not your hands.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/22/04 at 1:58 pm

Remember that these college kids aren't the ones I went to school with or you went to school with. We would've heckled so loudly that she would've left or seriously screwed up her time. Smashing a pie in her face? Funny, yes; More immature, yes.

Tanya

Written By: Jessica on 10/22/04 at 3:42 pm

What a waste of perfectly good pie.

mmm....pie.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/22/04 at 4:07 pm

Don't worry, Ann can hold her own:

http://www.all-encompassingly.com/archives/images/ann_gun.jpg

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/22/04 at 4:10 pm

Her two main weapons, her rifle and her legs. :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/04 at 6:55 pm

Yup-I agree with Jess and Cheer. This reminds me of when Anita Bryant was hit with a fruit pie when she was protesting against gays. Wow, that was a LONG time ago.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/04 at 7:59 pm

GW, whatever that photo does for you, I don't wanna know!

But at least she can shoot something other than shooting her mouth off!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/23/04 at 1:51 pm

She can hold a gun, but can she shoot it?  Ar her cousin?  The one she couldn't out run?

Check for new replies or respond here...