» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cheneys Severance Package

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 2:13 pm

Cheneys well oiled platinum parachute, I'll give you a taste you can read the rest here:

aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20041022095609990022

Army Plan Lets Halliburton Keep Disputed Payments
By NEIL KING JR., Staff Reporter, The Wall Street Journal

Advertisement

The U.S. Army, in what could be the final twist in a complicated and drawn-out controversy, is laying the groundwork to let Halliburton Co. keep several billion dollars it was paid for work in Iraq that Pentagon auditors say is questionable or unsupported by proper documentation.

The Army has acknowledged that the Houston-based company might never be able to account properly for some of its Iraq work, and has hired a consulting firm to estimate what Halliburton's services "should cost." According to Pentagon documents and internal memorandums, that estimate will serve as the basis for "an equitable settlement" under which the Pentagon could drop many of the claims its auditors have made against the company's Kellogg Brown & Root unit, which has done the company's Iraq work. The documents were reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Subject: Re: Cheneys Severance Package

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/04 at 2:16 pm

And this surprises you?  Free market capitalism?  Yea, right.  Rather crony capitalism.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 3:17 pm

And this surprises you?  Free market capitalism?  Yea, right.  Rather crony capitalism.

No surprise to me.  I would like to here from our more conservative friends what they think
the current adminstration should do in this case, and what they think of the current administrations
choice to let it ride.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/23/04 at 1:48 pm

What a bunch of BS!!!  Why the heck should they get paid for work that may or may not have been done?  When I was working, I sure as heck wouldn't have gotten paid for something that there was no proof that I did.  But, then again, this is our "government in action" ::)

But my dear, you're not rish and well connected.  And if we average folks weren't productive, keeping the blood flowing through the economy, what would these leachs feed on?

Check for new replies or respond here...