» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: A Call to Arms

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/22/04 at 2:34 pm

In a few other threads I suggested that if either party tried to steal the election, which I really think will happen, all those who believe in democracy should be prepared for some form of popular action.  I suggested a general strike. I'm dead serious.  I invite our conservative friends to join us in CONSERVING American demoicracy, such as it is.

Subject: Re: A Call to Arms

Written By: danootaandme on 10/22/04 at 3:15 pm

In a few other threads I suggested that if either party tried to steal the election, which I really think will happen, all those who believe in democracy should be prepared for some form of popular action.  I suggested a general strike. I'm dead serious.  I invite our conservative friends to join us in CONSERVING American demoicracy, such as it is.

We are well past the time for direct action.  The government has to be put on notice, in no
uncertain terms that they are servants of the people, not demigods graced with the divine
right of kings.

Written By: ElDuderino on 10/22/04 at 4:56 pm

Well I am too young to accomplish anything, and unless it was true en masse, and I mean in the millions numbers(people going on general strike), it won't work...

The uniformed Pentagon has been quite displeased with Bush and his thugs at the DoD(Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz etc.), I think if any retribution against the White House or Fed. Gov in the event the election is stolen is likely, it would be from the Armed Forces.

Written By: Davester on 10/22/04 at 9:11 pm

I wanted to remind folks, in the unlikely event Kerry wins this election, that the job of the liberal, unlike the conservative, does not stop once the candidate is elected to office. Starting November 3 and redoubling on January 20, it will become our job to hold President Kerry to a proper solution in Iraq, a proper healthcare solution, a proper educational solution, etc.... It is the duty of the liberal to not simply fall into rank behind their elected candidates, but rather to become the office-holder's biggest headache.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/23/04 at 8:08 am

Well I am too young to accomplish anything, and unless it was true en masse, and I mean in the millions numbers(people going on general strike), it won't work...

The uniformed Pentagon has been quite displeased with Bush and his thugs at the DoD(Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz etc.), I think if any retribution against the White House or Fed. Gov in the event the election is stolen is likely, it would be from the Armed Forces.

The best thing you can do is make a pledge to stay aware amd stay informed.  The lessons
you learn today are the historical perspectives of tomorrow.  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/23/04 at 1:21 pm

I can't agree.  I might feel differently if we didn't have an all volunteer army.  Since we do, this would be very dangerous.

I wanted to remind folks, in the unlikely event Kerry wins this election, that the job of the liberal, unlike the conservative, does not stop once the candidate is elected to office. Starting November 3 and redoubling on January 20, it will become our job to hold President Kerry to a proper solution in Iraq, a proper healthcare solution, a proper educational solution, etc.... It is the duty of the liberal to not simply fall into rank behind their elected candidates, but rather to become the office-holder's biggest headache.

Absolutely

Check for new replies or respond here...