» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Kerry WON'T Protect Us From The "Wolves"

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 10/22/04 at 9:41 pm

Now the dems are whining about the latest add for Bush. Kerry voted to cut the intelligence budget by 6 trillion. The Bear ad for Reagan in '84 worked and I think this add is very well done.  Wife Teresa attacks "Family" saying Laura Bush has never had a "Real" job. At least Laura Bush takes the high road and accepts her apology. 

Subject: Re: Kerry WON'T Protect Us From The "Wolves"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/23/04 at 12:25 am

Heck with what the old bag said, where are you getting this "cut the intelligence budget by 6 trillion"?
Six trillion what?
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/23/04 at 1:29 pm

Heck with what the old bag said, where are you getting this "cut the intelligence budget by 6 trillion"?
Six trillion what?

He is repeating the party line, the lies and innuendos coming out of Bush's mouth.  Nothing new about these charges, but they are at best mearly inflated.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 10/23/04 at 8:32 pm

The Bear ad for Reagan in '84 worked and I think this add is very well done.  Wife Teresa attacks "Family" saying Laura Bush has never had a "Real" job. At least Laura Bush takes the high road and accepts her apology. 

The Bear ad for Reagan in '84 worked and I think this add is very well done.  Wife Teresa attacks "Family" saying Laura Bush has never had a "Real" job. At least Laura Bush takes the high road and accepts her apology. 

MAYBE you guys missed these FACTS!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/23/04 at 9:34 pm

Kerry voted to cut the intelligence budget by 6 trillion.

As much as I love the Kerry bashing, the correct figure is 6 billion dollars.  He wanted to gut 6 billion dollars from the intelligence budget back in 1993 I think.

Written By: ElDuderino on 10/23/04 at 10:20 pm

And THEN a Republican Congressman voted for larger cuts than that later that year.

Who do I refer to?

The new head of the CIA, Porter Goss.

Yes, Bush surely does know how to handle the War on Terror....

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/04 at 6:19 am

And THEN a Republican Congressman voted for larger cuts than that later that year.

One of those minor details they keep leaving out.

Written By: Hairspray on 10/27/04 at 11:44 am

Who do I refer to?

Who do I refer to?

This statement above was worth repeating.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/27/04 at 11:55 am

Who do I refer to?

Yes, Bush surely does know how to handle the War on Terror....

Oh gee, you got me.  A RINO congressman named Porter Goss voted for tax cuts.  And now President Bush put him the head of the CIA after multiple failures by the Clinton appointee, George Tenet.  And what it that?  He has no real power over how much money is spent?  What a MINOR detail...

And what is that you say!?  Porter Goss isn't running for President like John Kerry!?  Imagine that...

Written By: Hairspray on 10/27/04 at 12:15 pm

Oh, so a large majority of the "intelligence" budget doesn't go to the CIA?  Someone votes FOR a cut in spending, then is appointed head...sounds like another reason for an excuse to me ::)

Cracking you up was my absolute pleasure. ;)

But yeah, some people always find ways around issues, in order to attempt some sort of exoneration and work really very hard at trying to magically explain stuff for us "dupes" to swallow. ::) What's scary is that it seems to work too, but hopefully not enough to get this bonehead Bush re-elected. :P

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/27/04 at 12:23 pm

Oh, so a large majority of the "intelligence" budget doesn't go to the CIA? 

I didn't say that.  Now that Goss in the head of the CIA, he has no real power at how big his budget is.  Get it?

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/27/04 at 4:29 pm

Again, this is sheer idiocy.  Since the lack of "intelligence budgets" are secret, there is no way to  evaluate what or why anyone voted for or against any one of them, or any item on them.  So GWB, why don't you release the budgets, and the portions that both Kerry and Goss voted for or against, or stop parroting the "party line"?  You do get tedious, you know, although maybe that's a good thing?

And by the way, as another post indicated...

OSAMA IS FOR BUSH

Check out what the wolves have to say...

http://www.wolfpacksfortruth.org/

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 10/27/04 at 4:39 pm

Yeah and speaking of MINOR details, nobody had anything to say about THIS part of my post: Wife Teresa attacks "Family" saying Laura Bush has never had a "Real" job. At least Laura Bush takes the high road and accepts her apology.

wouldn't want to have to say anything negative about that cute wife Teresa now would we ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/27/04 at 5:04 pm

Yeah and speaking of MINOR details, nobody had anything to say about THIS part of my post: Wife Teresa attacks "Family" saying Laura Bush has never had a "Real" job. At least Laura Bush takes the high road and accepts her apology.

wouldn't want to have to say anything negative about that cute wife Teresa now would we ::)

Ok, I'll bite.

THK made a mistake, apologized for it, apology accepted, case closed.  What more do you expect, an act od contrition and 50 Hail Marys? Or maybe you want her to falgilate (means whip) herself in public to atone?  Its a non-issue.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 10/28/04 at 6:38 pm

Ok, I'll bite.

THK made a mistake, apologized for it, apology accepted, case closed.  What more do you expect, an act od contrition and 50 Hail Marys? Or maybe you want her to falgilate (means whip) herself in public to atone?  Its a non-issue.
I don't feel the fact that how a perspective first lady (God Forbid) carries herself as a non-issue.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/28/04 at 7:07 pm

Again, the cuts Kerry supported would have taken place over 5 years and amounted to less than 4 percent of the intelligence budget.  Kerry continued to support increases in other areas of the intelligence budget.  Here is a crisp analysis from factcheck.org, a site soon to be accused of "liberal bias" by you-know-who.
http://www.factcheck.org/article291.html
It's an exaggeration stretching beyond any form of truth to claim that THK "attacks Family."  It is in especially bad taste to say so coming from Bush supporters, as the Bush Administration has economically been attacking the family for four years. 
Enough of this "values vote" baloney, if a family can't pay the bills and the mortgage and put food on the table, the family's health is threatened.  The GOP prescription "go to church and no sex until marriage" doesn't cut the mustard!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/28/04 at 7:09 pm

About the "Intelligence" budget.  Goss could always do what bush senior did and fund his
budget with the sale of drugs.  It all went smoothly until that pesky Oliver North was called
on the carpet.  This practice has been going on at least since the Viet Nam war, and the
practice expanded upon when bush1 was head of the agency(which could explain why
they bounced him after one year).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/28/04 at 7:23 pm

About the "Intelligence" budget.  Goss could always do what bush senior did and fund his
budget with the sale of drugs.  It all went smoothly until that pesky Oliver North was called
on the carpet.  This practice has been going on at least since the Viet Nam war, and the
practice expanded upon when bush1 was head of the agency(which could explain why
they bounced him after one year).

Remember
C.I.A.--Cocaine Import Agency ?
;D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/29/04 at 2:59 pm

I would suggest that one has to question how well Bush & co. protected us from the "wolves" give that his team was repeatedly warned of the dangers posed by Al Quida by the out going Clinton team, which were ignored, even according to Condi.  The warnings, she said, weren't specific enough.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/04 at 7:18 pm

When you guys are saying "wolves" do you mean Wolfowitz?  :D

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/30/04 at 12:51 pm

When you guys are saying "wolves" do you mean Wolfowitz?  :D

Cat

Good one, Cat  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/04 at 12:55 pm

Who let the wolves out?  Woof, woof woof woof!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/01/04 at 3:15 pm

Don't worry, Bush will protect us from the wolves, he's done more to destroy the environment they live in than any president before him.

oh wait, you meant that as a metaphor for terrorists... oh well, in that case, nevermind.  He's done more to improve their environment than any president before him.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/01/04 at 3:58 pm

So, Bush is going to protect us from his administration? Or, do you mean other wolves?  :-\\

Tanya

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 5:30 pm

Don't worry, Bush will protect us from the wolves, he's done more to destroy the environment they live in than any president before him.

oh wait, you meant that as a metaphor for terrorists... oh well, in that case, nevermind.  He's done more to improve their environment than any president before him.

That's why Osama wants Bush to win.

Written By: Uly on 11/01/04 at 6:03 pm

That's why Osama wants Bush to win.

Haven’t you heard the correct translation of Osama? He said he’ll attack the Bush states and make peace with Kerry’s – his buddy.    

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 6:10 pm

Haven’t you heard the correct translation of Osama? He said he’ll attack the Bush states and make peace with Kerry’s – his buddy.    

No, I have'nt heard that translation, so can't comment on it, but lets say it IS an acurate translation.

So you believe Osama bin Laden?  You will vote against the candidate he says he prefers?  I guess you have more trust in the avowed enemy of our country that I do.

Written By: Uly on 11/01/04 at 6:39 pm

No, I have'nt heard that translation, so can't comment on it, but lets say it IS an acurate translation.

So you believe Osama bin Laden?  You will vote against the candidate he says he prefers?  I guess you have more trust in the avowed enemy of our country that I do.

It’s not a question of believing. I believe he won’t hit any state ever again. I believe he doesn’t understand America.

He thinks he can scare voters like he did it in Spain but Americans don’t work that way and I believe he doesn’t know that. He won’t attack because Bush – who really cares about the War against Terror – will win. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 7:05 pm

It’s not a question of believing. I believe he won’t hit any state ever again. I believe he doesn’t understand America.

He thinks he can scare voters like he did it in Spain but Americans don’t work that way and I believe he doesn’t know that. He won’t attack because Bush – who really cares about the War against Terror – will win.   

He may or may not understand us, but I think he IS trying to get Bush elected.  I don't think Bush "understands the war against terror" at all, because it isnt a war against terror, which is, and always has been, a tactic used by the powerless, and in this case stateless against the powerful.  You can't fight a tactic, you can only fight an enemy, in this case, radical Islam.  To do so you need to understand what that enemy wants and what their grips are.  Bush understands none of this, nor do I believe he cares about anything but his own power and his cronies.  And we will soon see if he will win, "win" (that is steal the election) or return to Crawford, where he belongs.  If I lived ther I wouldn't vote for the little s..t for dog catcher.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/01/04 at 7:51 pm

He may or may not understand us, but I think he IS trying to get Bush elected.  I don't think Bush "understands the war against terror" at all, because it isnt a war against terror, which is, and always has been, a tactic used by the powerless, and in this case stateless against the powerful.  You can't fight a tactic, you can only fight an enemy, in this case, radical Islam.  To do so you need to understand what that enemy wants and what their grips are.  Bush understands none of this, nor do I believe he cares about anything but his own power and his cronies.  And we will soon see if he will win, "win" (that is steal the election) or return to Crawford, where he belongs.  If I lived ther I wouldn't vote for the little s..t for dog catcher.

The war on terror is mostly a ruse to fulminate fear among the general population.  Fear is the great controller.  Fear of an un-identifiable enemy who may be right around the corner is best of all.  That's what was so great about the red scares of the 20th century.  I smell a rat, a big commie rat!  If the lumpen classes are not cowed into believing in the succor provided by big daddy government, they might start to question the bosses, and we can't have that!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/01/04 at 9:50 pm

Yeah he did.  The translation was something along the lines of ''Red states will be bombed, blue states will have peace.''  Nothing short of trying to get people to vote Kerry, glad to see Kerry has gotten another endorsement.

Here is the story:

Osama has directly threatened those states that vote for GWB....seems the video of last friday wasn't translated correctly...

November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."

"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.

Link to article: http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/33124.htm

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/01/04 at 11:00 pm

Yeah he did.  The translation was something along the lines of ''Red states will be bombed, blue states will have peace.''  Nothing short of trying to get people to vote Kerry, glad to see Kerry has gotten another endorsement.

Here is the story:

Osama has directly threatened those states that vote for GWB....seems the video of last friday wasn't translated correctly...

November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.

MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."

The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."

That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.

Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.

That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."

MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."

"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.

What an effing joke! 
Alright, the New York Post is the The Washington Times without a spell checker.  Furthermore, this MEMRI is a propaganda mill for the imperial petroleum interests who use right-wing Israeli rage to fuel sentiments favorable to Big Oil interests.  Here's a little bit about MEMRI:
http://rightweb.irc-online.org/org/memri.php

As far as this nonsense about Osama goes, I'll bet that's a GOP plant. 

http://www.agonist.org/archives/osama.jpg
Casper Wyoming here I come!

Written By: Uly on 11/01/04 at 11:56 pm

What an effing joke! 
Alright, the New York Post is the The Washington Times without a spell checker.  Furthermore, this MEMRI is a propaganda mill for the imperial petroleum interests who use right-wing Israeli rage to fuel sentiments favorable to Big Oil interests.  Here's a little bit about MEMRI:
http://rightweb.irc-online.org/org/memri.php

As far as this nonsense about Osama goes, I'll bet that's a GOP plant. 
Casper Wyoming here I come!

Regarding the Osama picture and the commentary. This is not a joke!

Does Casper Wyoming have a school full of defenseless kinds, for example? Then they have reason to be worried too.

It just shows that you don’t understand terrorism!   

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 12:00 am

It was JUST a commercial that spoke of Kerry wanting to slash the military budget....and it was a compaerable commercial to Reagan's in the 80's....BTW, I remember people being sarcastic about the Reagan "Bear" commercial back then just like now...and Reagan won in a Landslide!! Goodbye to ALL of you....I respect ALL of your opinions....and I certainly hope you respect mine :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/02/04 at 12:19 am

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110104/content/stop_the_tape.Par.0007.ImageFile.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/04 at 6:00 pm

I don't feel the fact that how a perspective first lady (God Forbid) carries herself as a non-issue.

Sorry B'boy, I somehow missed this.  I do think that how a first lady conducts herself has some relevance.  THK has made it bery clear that she and John discuss issues, so she has influences as a sounding board.  Beyond that, she is not just a pretty face, or a trophy wife, but a person in her own right, with lots of knowledge.  She speaks, what, 5 languages?  She has lived in several countries, and has cultivated a cosmopolitan world view.  She is articulate and informed.  She is  a philanthropist.  You may not like her politics, I don't like Laura's, but that aside, I think she is heads and tails far more qualified to to be the president's consort that Laura, who is deficient in all the areas I mentioned.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/04 at 6:08 pm

Here is the story:

Assuming that this is accurate, and I have read stuff suggesting that, in the main, it is, I can't think of a better reason to vote for...KERRY.  To do otherwise would be to accept the testimony of a sworn enemy as an accurate reflection of his desites.  I say again, to accept this statement as an endorsement of Kerry is to b]accept Osama at his word.  He is the last person who's advice I would accept, or do you think he is an honest man who would not attempt to misguide?  If I were him, I would support the candidate that I wanted to lose.

Check for new replies or respond here...