» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: October surprise... not much of a surprise.

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/23/04 at 5:38 pm

check the source before getting too excited of course:

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/23/113806.shtml

Subject: Re: October surprise... not much of a surprise.

Written By: Satish on 10/23/04 at 6:09 pm

Notice that article says "Former Navy Secretary John Lehman"

FORMER Navy Secretary... he's not speaking for the military at the present time.

But you know, just cause the article's from Newsmax, there's no reason to doubt its veracity. They credit the information to the San Bernadino Sun, and they've got pieces that say the same thing:

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208%257E12588%257E2484135,00.html?search=filter
http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2486134,00.html

But then, you might not find the SB Sun to be reliable, either...

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/24/04 at 1:12 am

I doubt it, I think Osama is under 80 tons of rock as of now.  But if this does happen, Kerry is screwed, he might as well drop out and let Nader try.  An October surprise is always 3-7 days before the election which is long enough so the news media has plenty of time to report on it, but short enough so people remember it when they go to vote.  I fully expect an October surprise from President Bush, it is always the incumbent who does the surprise.

A rumor going around is that few major conservative newspapers like The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, and The New York Post will on Monday report on a story about Kerry taking money from a terrorist organization.  A $1,000.00 dollar donation from the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) when Kerry invited Florin Krasniqi, a KLA recruiter, to one of his fundraisers.  http://www.fundrace.org/neighbors.php?type=name&lname=krasniqi&fname=&search=Search+by+Name shows the $1,000 dollar donation from Florin Krasniqi.  Fundrace.org is a non-partisan group that shows the names, cities, and states of anyone who has donated $250 dollars or more to any candidate including Bush, Kerry, Nader, Edwards, Clarke, Dean, Kucinich, and any other third party/independent candidates at any time during the race.  Read it at: http://wheels128.blogspot.com/2004/10/if-this-is-true.html.  It is only a guess that The Washington Times will break this story.

Also the rumors about that video of Kerry urinating and burning an American are still around, and some say it is only a matter of time before that video is released to the public or even played on a television commercial.

Written By: Im Batman on 10/24/04 at 2:00 am

I was wondering what wedge issue the Repugnants would dig up to divide the country.  Who would have figured it would be Mary Cheney.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/24/04 at 2:18 am

I was wondering what wedge issue the Repugnants would dig up to divide the country.  Who would have figured it would be Mary Cheney.

The republicans did that?  I thought John Edwards and John Kerry started that.  I must have missed something.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/24/04 at 6:26 am

The republicans did that?  I thought John Edwards and John Kerry started that.  I must have missed something.

No, memories being short, Cheney was the first by a few weeks to introduce his daughter into
the dialogue.  I'm sure you remember it., don't you?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/24/04 at 6:39 am

No, memories being short, Cheney was the first by a few weeks to introduce his daughter into
the dialogue.  I'm sure you remember it., don't you?

Hmm...is Mary Cheney related to John Kerry or John Edwards?  I must have missed that...

And I might as well welcome ''goodbrownshirt'' to the mix.

Written By: philbo on 10/27/04 at 5:37 am

Also the rumors about that video of Kerry urinating and burning an American are still around, and some say it is only a matter of time before that video is released to the public or even played on a television commercial.

I assume you mean "an American flag", rather than burning an American... seeing as this is (as usual) just rumour, please STFU about it until it has been independently verified.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/04 at 5:57 am

I assume you mean "an American flag", rather than burning an American... seeing as this is (as usual) just rumour, please STFU about it until it has been independently verified.

That could take a long, long time.  Independent verification is not GW's forte

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/04 at 6:05 am

Hmm...is Mary Cheney related to John Kerry or John Edwards?  I must have missed that...

And I might as well welcome ''goodbrownshirt'' to the mix.

Mary Cheney is not a blushing 16 year old feeling angst. She is a 26 year old college educated, high ranking member of the cheneys re-election campaign.  I wonder how many in the cheney/bush circle there are who so not feel able to bring their partner to any functions hosted by these men, and their supporters, for fear of divine retribution.  Don't step into the ring if you can't take the punches, they know that, so does she.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/04 at 4:22 pm

Okay, so it was okay for people to bash Amy Carter (back in the day) simply for being unattractive, as well as the past democratic first ladies, but not okay for Cheney's daughter, who is a member of a "group" (for lack of a better term) that is pivotal to one of the MAJOR parts of this campaign (same-sex marriage)?  What a double standard ::)

Oh, and BTW, it WAS Cheney who first mentioned the fact that his daughter was a lesbian.

Yeah! See with them it is okay to bash adolescent femaies by making fun of their looks(Amy and Chelsea) but, they are all jumping mad about dems saying they are SYMPATHETIC TO the adult daughter of an opposing member.  There is something not quite......sane.. ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/27/04 at 5:26 pm

Yeah! See with them it is okay to bash adolescent femaies by making fun of their looks(Amy and Chelsea) but, they are all jumping mad about dems saying they are SYMPATHETIC TO the adult daughter of an opposing member.  There is something not quite......sane.. ::)

You noticed that?  Your remake is telling "not quite...sane.."  and that, my friend, is it exactly.
Thank you

Check for new replies or respond here...