» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Religious Tolerance

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/27/04 at 10:45 am

During our hiatus from the boards, I discovered this site that I thought was worthy of posting.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/welcome.htm#new

There is something about ALMOST (if not) all religions. It is presented in a way that is not "pro" or "anti" any religion but it does talk about hate groups against certain religions.

Check it out.

Cat

Subject: Re: Religious Tolerance

Written By: Apricot on 10/27/04 at 3:57 pm

During our hiatus from the boards, I discovered this site that I thought was worthy of posting.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/welcome.htm#new

There is something about ALMOST (if not) all religions. It is presented in a way that is not "pro" or "anti" any religion but it does talk about hate groups against certain religions.

Check it out.

Cat

This helps me. Thanks a lot!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/27/04 at 4:36 pm

I haven't taken the time to read through the site, but it is clear that religion can be both a positive and negative influence in any society, a force for progress or a force for repression.  I maintained, on another thread, that revealed evangelical religions were especially dangerous because their followers all claim to be the chosen people.  chech out the Spencer Tracey/Frederick March film Inherit The Wind (much better than the later Jason Robarts version). 

Written By: McDonald on 10/28/04 at 12:17 am

I've frequented that site many times over the years. Check out Shinto, that's pretty cool, and underdiscussed in religion classes.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/28/04 at 5:11 pm

Buddhism, and especially Zen is also cool, and guess what, one can be a follower of Shinto, Zen, a Taoist, and a Confusist all at the same time, because none claim a special lock on the truth nor a special connection to the divine.

Written By: Apricot on 10/28/04 at 8:26 pm

I was amazed at how much good there was to Satanism. And how much it is skewed by the media and Christian church.

Written By: sputnikcorp on 10/28/04 at 8:37 pm

I was amazed at how much good there was to Satanism. And how much it is skewed by the media and Christian church.

i made a friend online who's a satanist. he proved to me that satanism, levay's version anyway, was a religion that respected life, at least the innocent who can't defend themselves. "non-secular humanism" is what he describes what levayin satanism preaches. man and only man rules his universe. god is not in the equation...really, it's a religion for atheists.

Written By: McDonald on 10/28/04 at 8:38 pm

Yeah, virtually no one understands what Satanism's about, and that's the way the church wants to keep it. God forbid people learn to liberate themselves.

Check for new replies or respond here...