» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: This just in, hot off the presses....Bush is smarter than Kerry!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/28/04 at 10:25 pm

Anyone hear Sean Hannity, he talked about this a lot. The same group that found Gore was smarter than Bush by around 10 IQ points now finds Bush is smarter than Senator Kerry. Bush has an average IQ of 125, Gore a little over 130, and Kerry below 120!

Plenty of facts, evidence, studies, and research went into this, and every group that researched it found Bush to be smarter than Kerry (God I never get tired of that.)

Links:

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/kerry_iq_lower.htm http://secureliberty.org/index.php/2004/10/24/the_iq_contest_bush_wins http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/002572.html http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/7802
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/002415.html

So if Bush is stupid like some of you claim....imagine how stupid Kerry must be!  Also funny is how CBS and NBC went crazy with the story that Gore was smarter than Bush back in 2000, yet no mention of the same people saying now that Bush is smarter than Kerry.  Hmm....

Subject: Re: This just in, hot off the presses....Bush is smarter than Kerry!

Written By: Davester on 10/28/04 at 10:34 pm

Anyone hear Sean Hannity, he talked about this a lot. The same group that found Gore was smarter than Bush by around 10 IQ points now finds Bush is smarter than Senator Kerry. Bush has an average IQ of 125, Gore a little over 130, and Kerry below 120!

Plenty of facts, evidence, studies, and research went into this, and every group that researched it found Bush to be smarter than Kerry (God I never get tired of that.)

Links:

http://www.vdare.com/sailer/kerry_iq_lower.htm http://secureliberty.org/index.php/2004/10/24/the_iq_contest_bush_wins http://www.blogsforbush.com/mt/archives/002572.html http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/7802
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/002415.html

So if Bush is stupid like some of you claim....imagine how stupid Kerry must be!  Also funny is how CBS and NBC went crazy with the story that Gore was smarter than Bush back in 2000, yet no mention of the same people saying now that Bush is smarter than Kerry.  Hmm....

Well, there's stupid and then there's stupid...

I'm with stupid...

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/28/04 at 10:38 pm

Unless the two of them sit down and take a properly scored IQ test, this sounds like a load of something.  Considering that IQ is usually an administered test.

of course, this is just ducking the issue of the missing explosives.  let's quickly forget about what's being used to blow up our soldiers on a daily basis please.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/04 at 6:39 am

It ain't what you have, it's what you do with it.  Kerry studied, worked, thought,  bush grab daddies
coattails

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/04 at 12:21 pm

Intelligence Quotient is only valid as part of a comprehensive battery of psychological tests.  The temptation is too great to use a single number to assign a place for everybody in the ranks of society, thus you get frauds like Charles Murray using bogus research (The Bell Curve) to suggest that blacks are dumber than whites.

I have taken three IQ tests in my life.  At age 12 I scored 135, at age 17 I scored 118, and at age 33 I scored 137. 

At the age of 17 I was in the throes one of my most severe depressive episodes.  At that time I was tested against my will, I was despondant, and I was uncooperative.  I still scored well above average, but what did it matter?  I was in a special program for troubled youth after two semesters of failing grades and chronic truancy.

The academic honor societies are full of dull average IQ students whose lack of high intellect is far outweighed by their drive, self-confidence, and dilligence.  These things determine success far better than a high IQ.

No one reading my posts on this board would guess I performed poorly in school.  I had some A grades and times where my aptitude let me excel.  Other times in the grip of depression I was thrown in the proverbial "dumb row," could not complete assignments, and flunked many classes.  I nearly flunked out of college twice. 

My IQ score is actually significantly lower than it would be if I wasn't so terrible with mathematics and spatial relations.  I am living proof that a person can have a 137 IQ and never learn how to do basic algebra!

So, my IQ score may be 12 or 17 points higher than President Bush's, but I could never complete the Harvard MBA program, not even with a million dollars worth of tutoring.

How much, then, does an IQ score really mean?  I always say trying to assess a person's real intelligence, proficiencies, and potentials based on an IQ score is like trying to assess a person's complete state of health and physical integrity using only body temperature or blood pressure.  Temperature and blood pressure are necessary to guage because they tell the doctor important things, but they are only a small part of an overall physical exam.  This is the case with IQ and cerebral fitness.

The studies concluding Bush's IQ is higher than Kerry's would inevitably come out before Election Day.  However, these results may be a hoax altogether.  They may reflect only findings favorable to Bush.  They may even be true.  But if they are true, it makes no difference to me.  As the saying goes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.  Bush has shown himself to be incompetent, ill-informed, gullible, other directed, inarticulate, unable to think on his feet, rigid in his mindset, and bad tempered.  Why should 10 points of IQ either way show him to be more qualified than Kerry?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/29/04 at 12:29 pm

The last time I took an IQ test, I was running 102 fever  :o and still scored over 120. I wonder how well I would have done if I wasn't so sick. Worse maybe?  :-\\

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/29/04 at 3:58 pm

IQ tests are completely bogus (and I have always scored high on them).  They mean nothing.  They have been shown to be culturally biased (which is one reason The Bell Curve is bogus).  Human intelligance is much more complex than any test can measure. 

That said, lets look at the 2 candidates.

Kerry is obviously quick on his feet, has mastered the English language, is thoughtful, and intellectually flexible (willing to change his mind).  He is obviously well read and in command of the issues confronting us (which is to say that he has thoughtful, well developed positions, whether you agree or not).

Bush has admitted his near illiteracy, parrots the same lines regardless of the question asked, his grammer and syntaxt are horrendous, he is rigid in his thinking, and seems unable to adapt to changing conditions.  In short, even if he has a high IQ (which I really doubt), he has squandered that capacity by spending his school years seeking "gentleman's "C" " and his young adulthood snorting coke and banging every bimbo in Texas.  Its not what you got, but what you do with what you got that counts.

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/29/04 at 6:04 pm

Some one, who is obviously a Democrat told me he read somewhere that George W. Bush's IQ was barely 100, making him the one with the lowest among the Presidents from the 20th Century on. By contrast, Bill Clinton's was the highest at 140+.  By his thinking, there's just no way Kerry's could be lower than Bush's.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/29/04 at 8:08 pm

Some one, who is obviously a Democrat told me he read somewhere that George W. Bush's IQ was barely 100, making him the one with the lowest among the Presidents from the 20th Century on. By contrast, Bill Clinton's was the highest at 140+.  By his thinking, there's just no way Kerry's could be lower than Bush's.

One of the five articles that I posted above talks about this.  It is a proven hoax.  The hoax was Bush has an IQ of 91 and Clinton has an IQ of 182, thus twice as high and Clinton was the smartest President ever.....total BS.

Written By: Hairspray on 10/30/04 at 10:21 am

Unless the two of them sit down and take a properly scored IQ test, this sounds like a load of something.  Considering that IQ is usually an administered test.

of course, this is just ducking the issue of the missing explosives.  let's quickly forget about what's being used to blow up our soldiers on a daily basis please.

I agree.

As far as their IQs, for verification, examining their individual scholastic records would be a good start. Duh. ::)

Where are those missing explosives anyway? ? ? Really!

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/30/04 at 12:37 pm

Where are those missing explosives anyway? ? ? Really!

I've been asking that same question, and inspecting my colleagues' office for them.  Turned a few leads, but nothing definite.  I'll keep you posted (remember Bush joikingly looking under tables at a banquit for the WMDs).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/04 at 12:53 pm

Those reports were bogus.  I'm sure Clinton's IQ is above 140, but 182 is  a bit steep.  No matter how high Clinton's IQ is, he still let the little head think for the big head, and that's never a smart idea!

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 7:23 pm

Well, here's the uypdate.  I inspected the gym (including the locker rooms  ;)) and still have found no trace of those missing munitions.  I begin to fear that they are not here in Vermont, but in the hands of the insurgents in Iraq.  We'll get them back, a few pounds and a few marines at a time.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
And this we call "leadership"?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/04 at 9:18 pm

Well, here's the uypdate.  I inspected the gym (including the locker rooms  ;))

Were there women in the locker rooms as you were inspecting them? Am I going to have to keep an eye on you at work, too?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/04 at 5:49 pm

Were there women in the locker rooms as you were inspecting them? Am I going to have to keep an eye on you at work, too?  ;)

Cat

FLASH

8 marines killed and 9 wounded.  The missing explosives are beginning to turn up, in Iraq of all places. 

And Cat, I guess I can stop my inspections (the lockers were empty, by the way - dang!)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/04 at 6:57 pm

What about the showers ??? ;D ;D ;D

What with the "fashion statements" undergraduate women are making on my campus there is little need to "peep", and no, I'm not a peeper, but I don't mind the view.  When it  comes to these (not so) babies, my attitude is "look, but don't touch".  And many of them are, shall we say, VERY attractive.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/04 at 8:11 pm

In my psych class, there WAS (she dropped it) a girl who would wear very skimpy outfits at the beginning of the semester.  One day, she had on a zippered sweatshirt that was only zipped 1/2 way (on purpose, I'm sure as the heels she was wearing certainly matched the entire sweatsuit ensemble ::))  You could literally see her bra, it was so low.  Needless to say, she sat right up front and would bend over to write her notes.  On this particular day, the prof asked her to zip it up a bit...she never came back to class :P

She was wearing a bra under the thing?  Straight-laced prude!
:D

Seriously, she could go after the Prof for harrassment just for noticing....

Check for new replies or respond here...