» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Halliburton Strikes Again

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/04 at 11:11 am

Well, it seems that the FBI is investigating the no-bid contract that Halliburton received and the accusation that they over-charged the government.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041028/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/halliburton_contracts_20

So, what is the Pentigon's reaction to this investigation? They extend Halliburton's contract!  >:(

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&e=5&u=/ap/20041030/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/halliburton

Comments?

Cat

Subject: Re: Halliburton Strikes Again

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/30/04 at 12:17 pm

It also appears the Mr Cheney was in contact with the Pentigon over these contracts.  Does the phrase "influence peddling" ring a bell?

Written By: Frank Rizzo on 10/30/04 at 1:26 pm

I happen to like Halliburton.  We have owned HAL since it was in the teens and it is a very good performing stock.  I dont understand why liberals are so happy about hurting good US companies.  I guess in a Kerry world, all our condiments are made overseas and we produce nothing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/30/04 at 4:45 pm

I happen to like Halliburton.  We have owned HAL since it was in the teens and it is a very good performing stock.  I dont understand why liberals are so happy about hurting good US companies.  I guess in a Kerry world, all our condiments are made overseas and we produce nothing.

There are such things as influence pedaling and conflicts of interest.  Bush, Cheney, and Rice come directly from the petroleum industry.  Cheney refused to disclose the minutes of private meetings with energy execs.  He should have been impeached then and there.

It seems the right-wing wants corporations such as HAL to BE the government.  Nothing is more sacred than a "good performing stock," right?

Is Enron a "good" U.S. company, too?  And for chrissakes it's not about "hurting" US companies, it's about stopping US companies for hurting us.  I am a liberal.  I believe the public ought to own business, and not business ought to own the public.  The government ought to work for the public, and not be a bottomless well for big business.

Your statement about Kerry reeks of discombobulated Hannity hysteria.  Turn off the FOX News Channel and run an Ad-Aware scan--on your frontal lobes.  You've got to delete all that adware and spyware from the right-wing brain-spammers before the browser of your mind can run at full speed!

Sheesh!
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 7:18 pm

If I owned Haliburton I'd like the stock too, personally.  But you know, as a true patriot and lover of justice, sweetheart, no bid contracts and kickbacks to the Vice President don't sit well with me.  I guess we all have our priorities. 

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/02/04 at 6:20 pm

You may appreciate my Halliburton Cheny parody at

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/shaniatwain30.shtml

I hope I am not proved wrong ... have my fingers crossed!!!

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/02/04 at 7:15 pm

You may appreciate my Halliburton Cheny parody at

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/shaniatwain30.shtml

I hope I am not proved wrong ... have my fingers crossed!!!

Neat.  I hope one of the first things Kerry does as President is to get both Lil' Georgie (which takes longer to type than Bush) and Cheney indited, and I hope they get convicted of insider trading, influence peddling, and sheer corruption.  Then I hope they get hard time - with the rapists and murderers.  Crimes of passion and anger I can (sort of) understand.  Crimes of dispassion and and dispoi;iation are just evil.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/02/04 at 8:34 pm

Here's hopin!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/03/04 at 7:37 am

Cheney will go down, right after Ken Lay.  "Ken who?" you say......exactly!

Check for new replies or respond here...