» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Does Redskins' loss indicate a Bush loss on Tuesday?

Written By: JFK-2004 on 10/31/04 at 6:35 pm

If you haven't heard already, the Green Bay Packers defeated the Washington Redskins in Washington just a short while ago, 28-14.  The trend during the last 17 presidential elections has been that when the 'Skins lost their final home game before an election, the incumbent candidate was subsequently ousted from the White House.  I'm feeling rather optimistic now that the 'Skins have gone down in defeat, because if the trend continues Kerry will win on Tuesday. 

In addition, the Boston Red Sox overcame insurmountable odds last week to win the World Series.  I immediately noticed the odd relevance to the upcoming election.  The Red Sox hail from Massachusetts, and likewise does Mr. Kerry.  More auspiciously, they defeated the team from Busch Stadium (the St. Louis Cardinals) AT the House of Busch.  In my opinion, this seems too relevant to be coincidence in this election year. 

What do you think about these sports theories?

Subject: Re: Does Redskins' loss indicate a Bush loss on Tuesday?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 10/31/04 at 6:41 pm

It's a reach at best....at least I HOPE it has nothing to do with the result!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/04 at 7:27 pm

There are so many omen theories. I have had that the person with the "bluest" blood will get in (in this case it is Kerry). There are also a few thread about some of these omens (the stock market, is one of them). I have also heard that there are a lot of "soothsayers" who predict that Kerry will win, too.  But, one thing that is for sure, we will all know the results (hopefully) within a couple of days. And whether all of these "signs" said so, well...who knows. It could just be a coincidence.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/31/04 at 9:50 pm

The Greenbay Packers beat the Redskins, but will the Greens ever beat the Rednecks?

On this Halloween night, the only thing scaring me is this coming Tuesday....
:o

Written By: dude on 11/01/04 at 7:03 am

What do you think about these sports theories?

I think I hope they hold true! I'm a sports NUT (HOW ABOUT THEM STEELERS!!) yet I never noticed that the BoSox had beaten the team that played in Busch stadium. I knew the info, just didn't put the two together.......thanks for the added bit of hope JFK! ;)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/01/04 at 2:22 pm

I truly hope so!

Tanya

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/01/04 at 5:47 pm

A bit ago Cat performed a banning ritual, and what with the sports omens, the astrologers' predictions, the stock market thing, etc it looks like Kerry is a shoe-in by a landslide.  Its going to be minorities who will refuse to be intimidated and first time voters (who  are not being polled) that will turn the trick.  Thats what my crystal ball says.

Written By: gemini61 on 11/01/04 at 8:06 pm

All I can say is cross your fingers and your toes and anything else you can!!  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/04 at 9:09 pm

Hope for the best, expect the worst, and keep your passport in order. ;)

Written By: gemini61 on 11/01/04 at 9:49 pm

Hope for the best, expect the worst, and keep your passport in order. ;)

;D  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...