» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Let’s flex our muscles tomorrow!

Written By: Uly on 11/01/04 at 5:32 pm

Let’s flex our muscles tomorrow!

4 – New Hampshire
4 – Hawaii -------------------Gore
5 – New Mexico------------Gore
5 – Nevada
7 – Iowa ---------------------Gore
10 – Wisconsin--------------Gore
10 – Minnesota--------------Gore
17 – Michigan----------------Gore
20 – Ohio
21 – Pennsylvania----------Gore
27 – Florida

Bush has 222 and needs 48 to win
Kerry has 186 and needs 84 to win

Bush wins = FL + OH + anything else or
                    FL + PA or
                    FL + WI + MN + IA or NM

Kerry wins = all Gore states + NV or OH or FL

Tie = Kerry takes all Gore states + NH and Bush takes OH + FL

Bush is close but most of the fight will be on Gore states.

P.S. I don’t know for sure if Colorado is a battle ground state so I didn’t put it.

Subject: Re: Let’s flex our muscles tomorrow!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 5:39 pm

History has Colorado as predominately Republican State. I think in one of Clinton's terms he actually won here though ::) It's too close to call so far this year but I know that me and many of my friends are hoping our votes will help to keep Colorado as a Republican State :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/04 at 9:16 pm

I would say that at this point there isn't anyone who is sure how this is going to play out. 
Hopefully what ever the outcome it is quick and clean.  I think we are all burned out from
this.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/01/04 at 9:19 pm

I would say that at this point there isn't anyone who is sure how this is going to play out. 
Hopefully what ever the outcome it is quick and clean.  I think we are all burned out from
this.

You got that right. So where's the party tomorrow night?

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/01/04 at 9:23 pm

History has Colorado as predominately Republican State. I think in one of Clinton's terms he actually won here though ::) It's too close to call so far this year but I know that me and many of my friends are hoping our votes will help to keep Colorado as a Republican State :)

Yeah Colorado is a state I am writing for Bush.  The polls show it, plus Kerry must think he isn't going to win either.  Last week there was an article in some Colorado newspaper entitled: ''Kerry raises white flag in Colorado.''  It talked about how his campaign was conceding the state to Bush, canceled a Kerry visit, and pulled all television ads.....so I think Colorado is no threat.  But RockandRollFan remember to vote NO on Amendment 36.

I must be honest, I got a bad gut feeling about this.  Kerry can easily win, or come in second place.  The early voting helps democrats.  Why?  Since democrats are less likely to have jobs, they have nothing better to do then go stand in a 3 hour line, nothing better.

Democrats are a lot better at the turnout game than are Republicans.  It's no mystery why.  People more likely to vote Democrat are less likely to have a sense of independence and individuality.  They're followers, and as followers they're easily herded.

Bush's best chance is rain ... bad weather in the battleground states.  Bad weather will suppress the Democratic vote. And just why is that?  Think about it.  The Democratic party is the party of dependency; dependency on government.  If these people can't be expected to actually get an education, develop a job skill and find a job somewhere, and then manage to generate some degree of economic independence ... why would you expect them to get out there in bad weather to vote?  These people don't like hardship, and they don't like putting forth one more bit of effort than they have to in order to survive.  If it rains many of them will stay indoors and let someone else take care of things for them.  After all, that's been their lifestyle for years, why change now?

One good note is:  All the projections in all the media and the internet say the rupublicans are going to expand their majority in the house and the senate.  The republicans currently have 51 seats in the senate, it is almost certain they will pick up 1, and it could go as high as 4, giving the republicans 52-55 seats in the senate.  Also everything I can read suggest republicans will pick up around 5 seats in the house, especially due to some democrats in Texas who are set to lose the now-democrat held seats.  So if Kerry does win, there is no way in hell he will be able to get his tax and healthcare plans through the house or the senate, meaning this country might not fall apart until 2008.  Lets hope the republicans take those seats and hold the white house, GO BUSH.

I still got a bad feeling....

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/01/04 at 9:23 pm

My House!

Tanya

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/01/04 at 9:26 pm

I must be honest, I got a bad gut feeling about this.  Kerry can easily win, or come in second place.  The early voting helps democrats.  Why?  Since democrats are less likely to have jobs, they have nothing better to do then go stand in a 3 hour line, nothing better.

That's a true jackass comment! I know many Republicans who once held managerial positions who are out of work. Unemployment is bi-partisan. Go Kerry!

Tanya

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/01/04 at 9:27 pm

this.

If Bush loses, I cannot see him acting like Gore.  (All this voter fraud crap today, is because Gore couldn't accept he lose.  Leave it to Gore to ruin over 200 years on fair clean elections.)

So my predictions:
Bush wins- We don't know who wins until next week.
Kerry wins- We know the winner Wednesday morning

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 9:37 pm

this.
I AM burned out from all of this. No matter who wins....I still care about you guys, no matter WHO you vote for ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/01/04 at 9:39 pm

That's a true jackass comment! I know many Republicans who once held managerial positions who are out of work. Unemployment is bi-partisan. Go Kerry!

Tanya

I guess the truth hurts.

The constitution promises only ONE thing from government.  That is defense.  That is what this election boils down to.  If you vote for Bush, you are voting for a stronger America, stronger defense, and a man willing to hunt down and kill terrorists.

If you vote for Kerry, you are voting for stuff.  Stuff, stuff, stuff.  It is what can the government give me today?  Healthcare, social security, welfare, a job.  The government must do everything for me.

Written By: Uly on 11/01/04 at 9:52 pm

I guess the truth hurts.

The constitution promises only ONE thing from government.  That is defense.  That is what this election boils down to.  If you vote for Bush, you are voting for a stronger America, stronger defense, and a man willing to hunt down and kill terrorists.

If you vote for Kerry, you are voting for stuff.  Stuff, stuff, stuff.  It is what can the government give me today?  Healthcare, social security, welfare, a job.  The government must do everything for me.

Kerry is no good for the economy, healthcare, social security or job. Remember how Bush won the last debate.

Written By: Davester on 11/01/04 at 9:55 pm

If Bush loses, I cannot see him acting like Gore.  (All this voter fraud crap today, is because Gore couldn't accept he lose.  Leave it to Gore to ruin over 200 years on fair clean elections.)

So my predictions:

Oh come on, man..!  Do you hear yourself of take yourself seriously..? 

http://www.richardbarclay.com/traveldiary/photos/extras/sheep.jpg
  G'head, W...bahhhh, bahhhh

Written By: gemini61 on 11/01/04 at 10:07 pm

Democrats are a lot better at the turnout game than are Republicans.  It's no mystery why.  People more likely to vote Democrat are less likely to have a sense of independence and individuality.  They're followers, and as followers they're easily herded.

Bush's best chance is rain ... bad weather in the battleground states.  Bad weather will suppress the Democratic vote. And just why is that?  Think about it.  The Democratic party is the party of dependency; dependency on government.  If these people can't be expected to actually get an education, develop a job skill and find a job somewhere, and then manage to generate some degree of economic independence ... why would you expect them to get out there in bad weather to vote?  These people don't like hardship, and they don't like putting forth one more bit of effort than they have to in order to survive.  If it rains many of them will stay indoors and let someone else take care of things for them.  After all, that's been their lifestyle for years, why change now?

Ok, now you're going a little too far  >:(

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/01/04 at 10:08 pm

http://www.richardbarclay.com/traveldiary/photos/extras/sheep.jpg

What is this?  Union bosses taking their people to the polls to vote for Kerry?

Written By: Davester on 11/01/04 at 10:12 pm

What is this?  Union leads taking their people to the polls to vote for Kerry?

http://smogthis.net/Bodega/images/ewe.jpg

bahhhh, bahhhh...

Written By: Davester on 11/01/04 at 10:28 pm

Silly exchange, this, was it not, folks..?

Have fun at the polls, tomorrow..!

Nighty-night...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/01/04 at 10:37 pm

So my predictions:

Bush lost last time and got the partisan Republican supreme court justices to cancel out the will of the people.  The Bush family IS the military-industrial complex.  Democracy is a PR necessity for them, and otherwise a nuisance.  Asking the Bushes to respect the will of the people is like asking a shark to plant a vegetable garden!

In 1999, the statement "over 200 years of fair, clean elections"  would still have been risible!  As the saying goes--I was born at night, but it wasn't last night!
::)

Written By: zcrito on 11/01/04 at 10:40 pm

So my predictions:

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/01/04 at 10:47 pm

This is typical piggish, mean-spirited Limbaugh-learned rhetoric.  If Bush takes the White House again, and I'm not going to doubt he won't, the sad thing is this swiney propaganda from the Dittoheads will only rise in volume and vitriol.

The Republican corporate-media-government cabal will not rest until the Democratic party is destroyed.  That's what stormtroopers like Rep. Tom DeLay and Grover Norquist want.  They'll settle for nothing less.

So, the stakes are high for our culture.  All those not wanting to live under a feudal state of corporate despotism had better sign up to crush the GOP!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/01/04 at 11:54 pm

This is typical piggish, mean-spirited Limbaugh-learned rhetoric.  If Bush takes the White House again, and I'm not going to doubt he won't, the sad thing is this swiney propaganda from the Dittoheads will only rise in volume and vitriol.

The Republican corporate-media-government cabal will not rest until the Democratic party is destroyed.  That's what stormtroopers like Rep. Tom DeLay and Grover Norquist want.  They'll settle for nothing less.

So, the stakes are high for our culture.  All those not wanting to live under a feudal state of corporate despotism had better sign up to crush the GOP!
I do NOT like Rush at ALL....but I also do not like Bill Mahr....he ALWAYS has 3 libs and 1 conservative on his show....then they ask the Conservative his opinion on something and as he TRIES to speak they constantly talk over him..... ::) I LOVE what Ann Coulter actually was able to say and will vote accordingly tomorrow. No Matter HOW you all vote.....I enjoy you all being here and am happy to know you :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/02/04 at 12:11 am

;D

Sad but true.  If Kerry loses, he is going to sue, sue, and sue some more.  I cannot see Bush acting the same retarded way Gore acted in 2000.  So I think it is not a stretch to say if Bush loses, he will accept it, if Kerry loses, we can expect lawsuits.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/02/04 at 12:20 am

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Education was a national topic clearly overlooked by the President as I read these posts.

Tanya

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/04 at 7:52 am

I do NOT like Rush at ALL....but I also do not like Bill Mahr....he ALWAYS has 3 libs and 1 conservative on his show....then they ask the Conservative his opinion on something and as he TRIES to speak they constantly talk over him..... ::) I LOVE what Ann Coulter actually was able to say and will vote accordingly tomorrow. No Matter HOW you all vote.....I enjoy you all being here and am happy to know you :)

At times we all are radically opposed to each others thinking, but in the end I think we have a
certain(sometimes grudging) respect for the other person and their opinions.  I think the country
would be much better off if, on your side there were more like you and less like GW.  Ditto on happy
to know you.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/02/04 at 1:53 pm

I'm glad to see that you watch Bill Maher, Mark! He is fair, though, as for representation. But, I despise Ann Coulter. I think she is a misguided twisted soul (not b/c she's Republican, but b/c her views are sooo skewered to the extreme right, that even some Republicans dislike her views).

Tanya

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/02/04 at 4:14 pm

I'm glad to see that you watch Bill Maher, Mark! He is fair, though, as for representation. But, I despise Ann Coulter. I think she is a misguided twisted soul (not b/c she's Republican, but b/c her views are sooo skewered to the extreme right, that even some Republicans dislike her views).

Tanya
She's not nearly as nuts as Richard Belzer! As for Maher...he ALWAYS has the liberal guests outnumber the Conservative ones...THAT is my problem with Bill ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/04 at 4:47 pm

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Education was a national topic clearly overlooked by the President as I read these posts.

Tanya

Education was a topic bushie ignored through Phillips Andover, Yale, and Harvard... you can't teach an
old ignorant dog new tricks.

Written By: zcrito on 11/02/04 at 5:14 pm

I voted an hour ago. My voting place was busier than I've ever seen it but there wasn't a line.  :)

I've been voting at this new place for 2 years now, but I really miss the old place which was just a block from where I live. The people at the old place were so much nicer. I went in to vote 4 years ago and the woman there said to me "Aren't we lucky to live in a country where we can vote like this?"
I miss them.

:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/04 at 10:35 pm

However, it was nice as they had "kid ballots" and boxes for the little ones to "vote" with...so my 3 y.o. voted and when we went to turn them both in, the lady asked him who he voted for and he said "ummm, maybe Mommy " :)

What a great idea. It teaching kids about voting so when they are old enough, they won't be intimidated by the process. I really like that.

Cat

Written By: blackdog on 11/03/04 at 2:22 am

Come on...  Kerry  Come on.  (no more war and killings!)   :\'(  The West coast has finished counting yet. 

Written By: Mushroom on 11/03/04 at 2:50 am

So my predictions:

Don't forget 1960.  Nixon and Kennedy were so close it is not even funny, and it has long been contested that Kennedy only won in Chicago because of voter fraud.  If a recount was done there, I am sure Nixon would have won.

But he did not ask for a recount.  He knew that a protracted legal battle was NOT the way to settle things, so he conceeded, and let his friend become President.  Of course, the fact that they were good friends probably had something to do with his decision.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 2:53 am

Don't forget 1960.  Nixon and Kennedy were so close it is not even funny, and it has long been contested that Kennedy only won in Chicago because of voter fraud.  Id a recount was done there, I am sure Nixon would have won.

But he did not ask for a recount.  He knew that a protracted legal battle was NOT the way to settle things, so he conceeded, and let his friend become President.  Of course, the fact that they were good friends probably had something to do with his decision.
Unlike "Mr. Personality" Al Gore, who couldn't stand admitting that he LOST in 2000 :\'( ::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/03/04 at 6:42 am

Well here we go, Kerry can't accept the fact that HE LOST.  He is doing this without any proof, simply because he doesn't like the results.  Are all democrats going to act like this from now on?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/03/04 at 7:28 am

I don't expect Kerry to win, but I also don't expect him to roll over without counting all the
votes.  He asked people to come out to vote for him, it is only right that he let them know
there votes count, win or lose.

Check for new replies or respond here...