» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: OK, DEMOCRATS...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/04 at 2:15 pm

For the third straight national election you have lost seats and lost power.  This year, you got beaten by the worst president in modern history.  Don't you think it's time to confess your strategy is a total bust? 

It is time to fire the entire national Democratic leadership, starting with that crumb bum, Terry McAuliffe.  It is time to stop whoring yourselves out to Corporate America.  The GOP will always have the upper hand with corporate big shots.

It is time to start listening to what Ralph Nader was trying to tell you. 

Today is the day to start working the 2006 elections.  Get it together guys, or prove crazy old Zell Miller was right about you, "a national party no more."

Subject: Re: OK, DEMOCRATS...

Written By: Davester on 11/03/04 at 5:06 pm

The Democratic Party is dying...

First thing to do: sack McAuliffe and the party leadership.

Second thing to do is to accept reality and take the proper role of leftists: opposition on behalf of the people. It will be best for the country, of the most available options.

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/03/04 at 5:12 pm

The Fascist Groove Thang is now in power for 4 more years :(

Written By: Abercrombie86 on 11/03/04 at 5:16 pm

.....BUT I'LL STILL DANCE TO TOMMOROW'S OPTIMISM! ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/03/04 at 5:53 pm

The Zero Factor.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 11/03/04 at 6:00 pm

Perfect slogan for Hillary/Heinz 2008 ticket:

Rich and Thick

Written By: Davester on 11/03/04 at 6:08 pm

The necessary future of the Democratic Party is clear: Play the role of an opposition party while operating with compassion for the American people. The folks who elected Bush actually don't need our scorn.  Chewing them out as they deserve according to their standards will, of course, only make them more determined to celebrate their disease.

Thinking people remember: love your neighbor. As these next four years go by, as the numbness fades and life resumes with a new tint, don't hold onto the bitter disappointment. Liberals have a mission: Intervention against self-destructive behavior.  Compassion is the utmost...

The water's warm. The razor's sharp. Straightjackets and medication won't work: we must help them to see there are better options than suicide.

When it comes to Democratic and other liberal brethren who are having trouble figuring things out, we must consider the simple bitch-slap. If they remember why they're liberal, they, too, can help save their victorious neighbors from self-destruction.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/04 at 6:40 pm

The necessary future of the Democratic Party is clear: Play the role of an opposition party while operating with compassion for the American people. The folks who elected Bush actually don't need our scorn.  Chewing them out as they deserve according to their standards will, of course, only make them more determined to celebrate their disease.

I agree with love your neighbor, but where I live, my neighbor agrees with me.  If you live in the Northeast, say New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and the New England states, you live in a country where Kerry won and Bush lost.  Sure, there are plenty of conservative Republicans to be found up here, just as there are plenty of liberal Democrats to be found in the South.  The difference is the political atmosphere is liberal and Democratic in the Northeast and so are the values.  That's why it is so hard for many of us to grasp how widely George W. Bush is loved throughout the so-called red states.  In most of the northeast, and especially college areas like where I live, you can assume the guy sitting next to you at the bar hates George Bush.  I have found that even in most rural areas where New Englanders are more socially conservative, they are still generally liberal politically.  Some places in NH are full of twitch right-wingers, though.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/03/04 at 6:41 pm

Yes, the time to start organizing is now, but organizing isn't enough.

"To organize and teach is very good, that's true, still, you can't get along without the good old wooden shoe" (the sabat, from whence comes the word sabotage).  Let the revolution (against the 2 corporate party monopoly) begin.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/03/04 at 7:10 pm

The most important thing this time around is to pressure the current administration in the press.  The press did not do it's job on this president, and examine enough of the dirt surrounding this presidency.  I guess they've gotten lax the last few years since the Republicans did their job for them against the Democrats.

I imagine most of the people voting for Bush, were people who get their news from TV newscasts, which have so little actual reporting of anything at the national level, as to be completely useless.  I guess political scandals aren't easy to get footage of. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/04 at 9:53 pm

The most important thing this time around is to pressure the current administration in the press.  The press did not do it's job on this president, and examine enough of the dirt surrounding this presidency.  I guess they've gotten lax the last few years since the Republicans did their job for them against the Democrats.

I imagine most of the people voting for Bush, were people who get their news from TV newscasts, which have so little actual reporting of anything at the national level, as to be completely useless.  I guess political scandals aren't easy to get footage of. 

Yeah, that does sound good, but unfortunately, the media is in the polical back pocket. We need more people like Woodard and Burnstien to really uncover the sh*t that this going on in the government. But they won't. That is the sorry state of this nation.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/04/04 at 1:00 am

The red states will bite their words b/c they are the ones mostly screwed by Republicans anyway. Let them suffer! At least my home state went Kerry. Go Pennsylvania!

Tanya

Written By: nally on 11/04/04 at 1:06 am

The red states will bite their words b/c they are the ones mostly screwed by Republicans anyway. Let them suffer! At least my home state went Kerry.

Mine did too...and it (California) was the state with the most electoral votes (55).

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/04/04 at 1:10 am

I know, Nally. I live in Southern California!

Tanya

Written By: nally on 11/04/04 at 1:25 am

I know, Nally. I live in Southern California!

Tanya

Well what a coincidence!!! So do I!!! :D I've been a So-Cal resident all my life!

Jeff

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 11/04/04 at 2:31 am

Hey I live in Texas.  I'm a liberal that lives right smack in Bush country!  He's a freakin' hero that can do no wrong here.  Sometimes it's awful being surrounded by all these die hard conservative Republicans, but I look at it as a challenge to hold onto my liberal views despite living in Texas. 

If you go deeper into the major metro areas like Houston, Dallas, or Austin you will obviously find more liberals, especially around the college campuses.  But it still feels like we are outnumbered 30 to 1 down here. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/04 at 12:35 pm

Hey I live in Texas.  I'm a liberal that lives right smack in Bush country!  He's a freakin' hero that can do no wrong here.  Sometimes it's awful being surrounded by all these die hard conservative Republicans, but I look at it as a challenge to hold onto my liberal views despite living in Texas. 

If you go deeper into the major metro areas like Houston, Dallas, or Austin you will obviously find more liberals, especially around the college campuses.  But it still feels like we are outnumbered 30 to 1 down here. 

I have a dear friend from Texas and yes, she is a Bush supporter. I love her dearly but we have agreed to disgree on that matter and don't talk politics. It was really hard to talk to her yesterday because I was so depressed by the outcome and I couldn't really tell her why.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/04 at 1:05 pm

The past couple days was business as usual.  I honestly don't think the choice of President would have made a difference, as what I perceived was that Kerry would do what Bush would do, except with higher taxes and a more screwed up Social Security system.

On a side note, I don't know how legal it is, but an illiterate Mexican-American voter asked me how to vote for Kerry, and I showed him how to fill out the ballot such that he WOULD choose Kerry and not Badnarik or something.  Made me feel like a good American, even if I'm anti-Kerry and Kerry eventually lost.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/04/04 at 1:14 pm

The past couple days was business as usual.  I honestly don't think the choice of President would have made a difference, as what I perceived was that Kerry would do what Bush would do, except with higher taxes and a more screwed up Social Security system.

On a side note, I don't know how legal it is, but an illiterate Mexican-American voter asked me how to vote for Kerry, and I showed him how to fill out the ballot such that he WOULD choose Kerry and not Badnarik or something.  Made me feel like a good American, even if I'm anti-Kerry and Kerry eventually lost.

Oh it is time for the republicans to shine!  We need to do what we got to do before the democrats (in 2006) have a chance to take some senate seats back.  Pass the fair tax plan NOW.  Close the boarder with Mexico NOW.  We have 55 republican Senators, we need 60 senators to pass a constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage, we could (with very little arm twisting) get all 55 to support, Robert Byrd would support (like he did when the senate voted on it,) another democrat (who's name escapes me now) voted to support last time.  Thats 57....we can find 3 Senators who arms we can twist (especially southern democrats) and let them know how much it would hurt their chances for reelection if they voted against it....with a little work the republicans can get that done, and quite easily.  Bomb Fallujah NOW.  No more games with the left, they lost, the country rejected them.  We tried to reach out to them early during the first Bush term (remember Edward Kennedy and the education bill?)  I don't care if it divides, now is our chance to make America better before the democrats get another chance to slow progress down again.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/04 at 1:30 pm

Oh it is time for the republicans to shine!  We need to do what we got to do before the democrats (in 2006) have a chance to take some senate seats back.  Pass the fair tax plan NOW.  Close the boarder with Mexico NOW.  We need 60 senators to pass a constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage, we could (with very little arm twisting) get all 55 to support, Robert Byrd would support (like he did when the senate voted on it,) another democratm (who's name escapes me now) voted to support last time.  Thats 57....we can find 3 Senators who arms we can twist (especially southern democrats) and let them know how much it would hurt their chances for reelection if they voted against it....with a little work the republicans can get that done, and quite easily.  Bomb Fallujah NOW.  Now more games with the left, they lost, the country rejected them, we tried to reach out to them early during the first Bush term (remember Edward Kennedy and the education bill?)  I don't care if it divides, now is our chance to make America better before the democrats get another chance to slow progress down again.

It is people like you that make me very fearful of where this country is heading. It doesn't matter who it hurts just as long as "our" agenda is carried out. We all know that have a Constitutional admendment to stripe away freedom for some people is much more important than "establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity".  This is why we truely live in dangerous times. As Max said in another thread, "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it."

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 11/04/04 at 4:00 pm

I hear you loud and clear, brother.... DFW right here.

Written By: McDonald on 11/04/04 at 4:17 pm

Oh it is time for the republicans to shine!  We need to do what we got to do before the democrats (in 2006) have a chance to take some senate seats back.  Pass the fair tax plan NOW.  Close the boarder with Mexico NOW.  We have 55 republican Senators, we need 60 senators to pass a constitutional amendment protecting traditional marriage, we could (with very little arm twisting) get all 55 to support, Robert Byrd would support (like he did when the senate voted on it,) another democrat (who's name escapes me now) voted to support last time.  Thats 57....we can find 3 Senators who arms we can twist (especially southern democrats) and let them know how much it would hurt their chances for reelection if they voted against it....with a little work the republicans can get that done, and quite easily.  Bomb Fallujah NOW.  No more games with the left, they lost, the country rejected them.  We tried to reach out to them early during the first Bush term (remember Edward Kennedy and the education bill?)  I don't care if it divides, now is our chance to make America better before the democrats get another chance to slow progress down again.

I think you have a very warped view of what is progress. During the Clintonian Era, the US made SO MUCH social progress it isn't even questionable. Gay rights, Progression of Minorities, Acceptance of interracial couples on a mass scale, total religious equality in the schools (I read the law signed by Clinton which laid out what schools and students had the right to do in schools with respect to religion, and what they did not have the right to. Students could wear religious garb and symbols, and pray to themselves, and read religious books to themselves in their free time). We had competent sex education in the schools (I started sex ed in the fourth grade), and also competent scientific research being taught (evolution). These days, Sex ed has been replaced by Abstinence Ed, and schools are choosing students to lead Christian prayers instead of teachers, to a religiously diverse student body. Schools generally do not do well in teaching evolution, on purpose, and schools in Ohio and elsewhere are beginning to teach "Intelligent Design" (Creationism 2.0) in the classroom along with 'evolution' as though it were an actual scientific theory... The republicans want to amend the constitution for purposes of discrimination against gays, and they call it progress? Discrimination is progress? Thousands of inocent Middle Eastern US residents are being arrested and held without warrant, without the basic rights afforded to other prisoners. This $hi+ is not progress!

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 4:53 pm

I think you have a very warped view of what is progress. During the Clintonian Era, the US made SO MUCH social progress it isn't even questionable. Gay rights, Progression of Minorities, Acceptance of interracial couples on a mass scale, total religious equality in the schools (I read the law signed by Clinton which laid out what schools and students had the right to do in schools with respect to religion, and what they did not have the right to. Students could wear religious garb and symbols, and pray to themselves, and read religious books to themselves in their free time). We had competent sex education in the schools (I started sex ed in the fourth grade), and also competent scientific research being taught (evolution). These days, Sex ed has been replaced by Abstinence Ed, and schools are choosing students to lead Christian prayers instead of teachers, to a religiously diverse student body. Schools generally do not do well in teaching evolution, on purpose, and schools in Ohio and elsewhere are beginning to teach "Intelligent Design" (Creationism 2.0) in the classroom along with 'evolution' as though it were an actual scientific theory... The republicans want to amend the constitution for purposes of discrimination against gays, and they call it progress? Discrimination is progress? Thousands of inocent Middle Eastern US residents are being arrested and held without warrant, without the basic rights afforded to other prisoners. This $hi+ is not progress!
You left out the great examples he set by  making it "Cool" to cheat on his wife in the oval office....and set covicted criminals free in his final days in office. If you're gonna tell the story, tell the Whole story.

Written By: Davester on 11/04/04 at 5:19 pm

You left out the great examples he set by  making it "Cool" to cheat on his wife in the oval office....and set covicted criminals free in his final days in office. If you're gonna tell the story, tell the Whole story.

So, would it follow, then, that sex out of wedlock would also be considered a crime against morality and offensive to one's delicate sensibilities?

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/04/04 at 5:40 pm

GWB and others on the radical right want to eliminate all the social and economic progress we have made since the great depression and return to golden days of lazzie faire capitalism without realizing that they will be devoured and that the resulting class warfar could very well spell the end to democracy as we have come to know it.  Dangerous times indeed. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/04 at 5:45 pm

The red states will bite their words b/c they are the ones mostly screwed by Republicans anyway. Let them suffer! At least my home state went Kerry. Go Pennsylvania!

Tanya

I recommend Thomas Frank's book What's the Matter with Kansas?  He says just what you're saying.  
The people of the red states keep voting on "values," and get nailed right in the pocketbook!  Vote to ban abortion, get more outsourcing.  Vote to ban gay marriage, get more tax cuts for the rich and higher payroll taxes.  So on and so forth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/04 at 5:50 pm

GWB and others on the radical right want to eliminate all the social and economic progress we have made since the great depression and return to golden days of lazzie faire capitalism without realizing that they will be devoured and that the resulting class warfar could very well spell the end to democracy as we have come to know it.  Dangerous times indeed. 

Aforementioned Thomas Frank declared on Unfiltered (Air America) this morning that the Republicans will repeal the entire New Deal if they can, and we'll have to start over again from zero.

The second Bush Administration will break America's back.  They have no plan, they have no domestic policy apparatus.  All they have is tax cuts for the rich, meddling in people's personal lives, and beating up on defenseless countries.

Just wait to watch the Republican party peck Senator Spector to death.  He advised Bush not to nominate justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade.  How dare he!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/04 at 8:40 pm

I'm sure we all know what the opposite of progress is-CONGRESS! Watch it in action.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...