» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: kerry loses LMAO

Written By: saver on 11/03/04 at 7:10 pm

THIS IS MY ONE AND ONLY RANT MESSAGE:
To:

HOWARD STERN: ENJOY YOUR NEVER NEVER LAND ON SATELLITE...PEOPLE WANT CRAP LET THEM PAY FOR IT!!!

Susan Estridge(?):' My very good contacts tell me Kerry will have Ohio!'.....EAT IT!

Gloria Allred: PRESIDENT SELECT IS YOUR PRESIDENT ELECT!! SAY IT LOUD AND PROUD!!!

Mrs. Kerry: NICE MOUTH BUT THE WHITE HOUSE ISN'T THE PLACE FOR IT!

Michael Moore: THANKS FOR HELPING GWB WIN!!! YOU'RE PROPAGANDA WAS JUST WHAT WAS NEEDED!

Sen. K: FLIPPITY FLOPPETY YOUR WAY BACK TO THE SENATE AND PROVE YOURSELF

Online Bush Bashers: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

America spoke and told you what they wanted.....GO GWB!!!!

My service is over...Over and Out...
EVERMORE,
Saver

Subject: Re: kerry loses LMAO

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/03/04 at 7:30 pm

THIS IS MY ONE AND ONLY RANT MESSAGE:
To:

HOWARD STERN: ENJOY YOUR NEVER NEVER LAND ON SATELLITE...PEOPLE WANT CRAP LET THEM PAY FOR IT!!!

Susan Estridge(?):' My very good contacts tell me Kerry will have Ohio!'.....EAT IT!

Gloria Allred: PRESIDENT SELECT IS YOUR PRESIDENT ELECT!! SAY IT LOUD AND PROUD!!!

Mrs. Kerry: NICE MOUTH BUT THE WHITE HOUSE ISN'T THE PLACE FOR IT!

Michael Moore: THANKS FOR HELPING GWB WIN!!! YOU'RE PROPAGANDA WAS JUST WHAT WAS NEEDED!

Sen. K: FLIPPITY FLOPPETY YOUR WAY BACK TO THE SENATE AND PROVE YOURSELF

Online Bush Bashers: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

America spoke and told you what they wanted.....GO GWB!!!!

My service is over...Over and Out...
EVERMORE,
Saver

You forget to mention how AOL was blocking Bash-Kerry sites but allowed access to Bash-Bush ones...AOL can now join Springsteen, Moore, Ronstadt and More in a stimulating rendition of "I'm A LOSER!"

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/04 at 9:45 pm

I hope you are still laughing when they take away all your rights granted to you under the Constitution-especially the First Admendment. You may think that I am being paranoid but trust me, it can happen and it is already happening. Just look at the Patriot Act.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/03/04 at 9:56 pm

I also hope he's laughing when he's drafted. America didn't vote. The south and midwest voted (and well, I don't have to really waste the words to explain why).

Tanya

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/04/04 at 4:32 am

Funny, the last time I checked the South and Midwest were still considered part of America. 

Jobs, health care and education aren't guaranteed rights in the Constitution either.  Sure would be nice to have for "free" but that would mean we'd have to sacrifice our new toys every year for a substantial tax hike that unfortunately, many Americans just cannot afford because of their own financial stupidity and the sheer impracticality :(

Ultimately, and I mean outside of the voting arena, we Americans are responsible for our own fates.

Written By: Powerslave on 11/04/04 at 4:51 am

Will you be laughing when Cheney convinces Bush to start bombing Iran?

Written By: Davester on 11/04/04 at 5:15 am

I also hope he's laughing when he's drafted. America didn't vote. The south and midwest voted (and well, I don't have to really waste the words to explain why).

Tanya

Did you notice, Tanya, about the West coast and New England, that the states that voted for Kerry have a lot to lose in the War on Terror? You can draw a line at the Bible belt--God, guns, and gays as campaign issues--and common sense goes out the window. The folks in the midwest are comfortable because their president told them we're making great strides in the War on Terror, yet those states outside "God's country" with seaports did not vote for Bush. The folks in New York especially saw through Bush.

But yeah: Washington, Oregon, California, and New England.

9/11? New York to Kerry; Pennsylvania to Kerry; Virginia (Bible belt--after all, Pat Robertson's there) to Bush.

Written By: Bobby on 11/04/04 at 5:48 am

I do find it a shame that people have to come unto the messageboards and say 'we told you so'. Is that what elections are about?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/04/04 at 6:02 am

Did you notice, Tanya, about the West coast and New England, that the states that voted for Kerry have a lot to lose in the War on Terror? You can draw a line at the Bible belt--God, guns, and gays as campaign issues--and common sense goes out the window. The folks in the midwest are comfortable because their president told them we're making great strides in the War on Terror, yet those states outside "God's country" with seaports did not vote for Bush. The folks in New York especially saw through Bush.

Bush did 7 points better in New York.

New York (in 2000):

Bush: 35.2%
Gore: 60.2%
Nader: 3.6%

New York (in 2004):

Bush: 40%
Kerry: 58%
Nader: 2% 

--And look at the east coast, not all states on that coast are blue.  Bush did better in 45 out of 50 states.  He did 4 points better in Massachusetts.  He took the states of Iowa and New Mexico....states he lost to Al Gore in 2000.  He did worse in: Nevada (nuclear crap), Ohio (jobs), New Hampshire (next to Massachusetts), and two others.

Red states....saving the ignorant blue states' as*es....like it or not!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 8:00 am

Funny, the last time I checked the South and Midwest were still considered part of America. 

We are obviously a divided nation, and the wounds seem to be getting deeper.
The venom that flows from some of these emails proves that.
Which brings me to the question, Is it time to revisit the reasons behind the Civil War and
perhaps grant them what they have long sought?  Any state that by consensus still believes
in the cause of secession and flying the flag of the confederacy, let's cut 'em lose.  They
can have their president and all he stands for.  If not we can cut ourselves lose from them.
They obviously don't have any interest in us.  Of course that would destroy some of their cache,
and without it what have they left(certainly not good paying jobs)

Written By: joedeertae on 11/04/04 at 9:29 am

We are obviously a divided nation, and the wounds seem to be getting deeper.
The venom that flows from some of these emails proves that.

|
yeah it does ::)  \/

Any state that by consensus still believes in the cause of secession and flying the flag of the confederacy, let's cut 'em lose. They
can have their president and all he stands for. If not we can cut ourselves lose from them.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/04/04 at 9:35 am

|
yeah it does ::)  \/

Good eye!  I didn't even catch that. 

Written By: joedeertae on 11/04/04 at 10:24 am

You forgot, lose your job, have no health insurance, or chance at education ;) ::)

I have a GREAT job (that's noy going away) that pays well enough to keep my wife at home, get a great education for my children, pay for a new car and truck, have most of the "toys" that I/we want, live in an above average community AND in the last two years was finally able to BUY a house for my family after 10 years of wishing. (and I have health insurance) I see more people out spending money, buying houses and trucks and cars and big $3000 dollar TV's and computers and such. The houses keep getting bigger and costing more AND people are buying them. IMHO... I think I made the right choice for me and my family. I don't see how we can say things are so bad when people seem to be doing so much better. Maybe it's just here in Texas? Maybe everywhere else it's bad and I just can't seem to see past the boarders? I like Bush. I don't feel like the "sky is falling" because he was voted in for a second term. But that's just me.

Keep in mind PLEASE that the above is not bragging. That's not me nor what I do. (only trying to make my point)

I also agree with Bobby:

I do find it a shame that people have to come unto the messageboards and say 'we told you so'. Is that what elections are about?
there is no need to to say "we told you so" as it was mentioned in another thread that a lot of peeps on this board have very strong feelings about Kerry losing the election and now is not the time to taunt your fellow boardmembers.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 4:26 pm

I have a GREAT job (that's noy going away) that pays well enough to keep my wife at home, get a great education for my children, pay for a new car and truck, have most of the "toys" that I/we want, live in an above average community AND in the last two years was finally able to BUY a house for my family after 10 years of wishing. (and I have health insurance) I see more people out spending money, buying houses and trucks and cars and big $3000 dollar TV's and computers and such. The houses keep getting bigger and costing more AND people are buying them. IMHO... I think I made the right choice for me and my family. I don't see how we can say things are so bad when people seem to be doing so much better.

I too have done well, own my own home, go on vacations etc.  I also know that it used to be the norm, but things have gotten bad .  I live in a working class city and the effects of the economy are
visible.  The small mom and pop operations that did well in the 90's are closing and being replaced
by empty fronts.  Schools cutting sports and laying off teachers.  We have had 2 fire houses close. A
facility that provided jobs for people with delays was allowed to outsource(send to china) some of it's jobs. The list goes on and on.  So even though I may be doing well, I am not blind to the reality that
other people are losing, in a big way.  The employment situation here is the worst it has been since the 1970"s.  I do not lose sight of the fact that I may be next in line.  Maybe it is time to take a longer look at places you maybe have lost sight of.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 4:36 pm

Good eye!  I didn't even catch that. 

How could you have missed it?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 4:49 pm

I have a GREAT job (that's noy going away) that pays well enough to keep my wife at home, get a great education for my children, pay for a new car and truck, have most of the "toys" that I/we want, live in an above average community AND in the last two years was finally able to BUY a house for my family after 10 years of wishing. (and I have health insurance) I see more people out spending money, buying houses and trucks and cars and big $3000 dollar TV's and computers and such. The houses keep getting bigger and costing more AND people are buying them. IMHO... I think I made the right choice for me and my family. I don't see how we can say things are so bad when people seem to be doing so much better. Maybe it's just here in Texas? Maybe everywhere else it's bad and I just can't seem to see past the boarders? I like Bush. I don't feel like the "sky is falling" because he was voted in for a second term. But that's just me.

Keep in mind PLEASE that the above is not bragging. That's not me nor what I do. (only trying to make my point)

I also agree with Bobby:

there is no need to to say "we told you so" as it was mentioned in another thread that a lot of peeps on this board have very strong feelings about Kerry losing the election and now is not the time to taunt your fellow boardmembers.

I said yesterday that I was laughting becayse I saw Three sparate incidents where people were pulled over by the cops for driving recklessly and that they all had Kerry stickers on thier cars.....I was caught up in the moment and realize now that was wrong. I don't wish anyone to have bad things happen to them. If ANY person had been pulled over for a violation that's okay but it's not right for me to get joy out of it because they voted differently. I have said what I feel about Bush...Clinton, Bush Sr.,  Reagan, and even Jimmy...also Tricky Dick and The Kennedy clan....When Clinton was elected I didn't get all riled up....I didn't like him but I muddled through. Can you imagine if people had nearly the disrespect they show for President Bush, to then President Clinton? They'd probably have been put in jail for bashing Bill. But I digress!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/04 at 5:55 pm

When enough people feel threatened personally by the government, the backlash will begin.  For instance, if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, millions of women will find it much harder to want to vote Republican.  Conservative women may not like abortion, but I'll bet they'd really like to have the right to one federally protected.

Subject: Re: kerry loses

Written By: joedeertae on 11/04/04 at 10:05 pm

Maybe you should move down here to Texas andMe ;) :P j/k

I too have done well, own my own home, go on vacations etc. I also know that it used to be the norm, but things have gotten bad . I live in a working class city and the effects of the economy are visible. The small mom and pop operations that did well in the 90's are closing and being replaced by empty fronts. Schools cutting sports and laying off teachers. We have had 2 fire houses close. A
facility that provided jobs for people with delays was allowed to outsource(send to china) some of it's jobs. The list goes on and on. So even though I may be doing well, I am not blind to the reality that other people are losing, in a big way. The employment situation here is the worst it has been since the 1970"s. I do not lose sight of the fact that I may be next in line. Maybe it is time to take a longer look at places you maybe have lost sight of.

What exactly is it that people are " losing, in a big way"? I don't believe things have gotten bad, I too live in a working class city. But I see lots of mom & pop businesses thriving, the only ones I see closing are ones that don't have anything that anybody wants or the ones that sell out to bigger corporations because they are "in the way of progress" or have "prime commercial property" that another larger store wants. And those bigger stores (which BTW are popping up all over the place) make lots of jobs. And as for schools cutting sports and laying off teachers... send some of those teachers this way, we are building more schools this year and we will be needing more teachers. Employment? Every weekend I see more and more adds for employment. I too am not blind to reality nor have I lost sight of anything. I, like so many others that I know, are doing much better than before and feel that things will improve, not get worse.

Written By: saver on 11/13/04 at 7:58 pm

I just wrote to cheer...all those who feel their rights will be lost are STILL off base...There will be no BACK ALLEY ABORTIONS BY BUSH at least..women will all have their rights and as far as work going...yell at the companies for outsourcing to INDIA???...If you're going by job loss figure reports,...they fail to mention maybe thousands/millions of jobs 9-5 'ers were lst BUT it doesn't account for the MILLIONS of people who STARTED their own personal home companies...that is where an error lies.

Shame on the tabloids saying how could 60 million be wrong...make it a good country folks...who needs smut???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/15/04 at 3:52 pm

I just wrote to cheer...all those who feel their rights will be lost are STILL off base...There will be no BACK ALLEY ABORTIONS BY BUSH at least..women will all have their rights and as far as work going...yell at the companies for outsourcing to INDIA???...If you're going by job loss figure reports,...they fail to mention maybe thousands/millions of jobs 9-5 'ers were lst BUT it doesn't account for the MILLIONS of people who STARTED their own personal home companies...that is where an error lies.

Shame on the tabloids saying how could 60 million be wrong...make it a good country folks...who needs smut???

Where are these MILLIONS who STARTED their own personal home companies?  What kind of companies are they?  How many stayed in business?  How many actually earned a living?  It's great to celebrate entrepeneurship, but I think the Right has lost touch with what entrepeneurship really means.  Their policies do not support the entrepeneur and the small business person, they serve the multinational megacorporation and the Wall Street fat cats.

Written By: saver on 11/27/04 at 5:57 pm

The self started companies are out there, from web designers to stores to the enormous increase of online stores- the La Daily news prints many stories of people starting their own businesses and how they started etc...perhaps they list  them in the small business papers filed in the states which they are in....and if not, at least peple are working and doing it to earn money...saw a really ridiculous but lucrative guy telling jokes on the internet and for every hit he gets a %..making about $300 a week alone!for a 1 minute goofy thing!
Others are found on line or opening their own shops...But they are there.

Check for new replies or respond here...