» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The fall of communism??

Written By: AL-B on 11/03/04 at 11:58 pm

This is funny!!!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=thefallofcommunism.wmv

Subject: Re: The fall of communism??

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/04/04 at 6:33 pm

Personally, I think its sick that you think Castro's accident is funny.  No funnier than Jerry Ford's fall.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 6:38 pm

Then there was the time bushie the first got drunk and through up on the shoes of the gentleman
next to him at a very public diplomatic dinner.  I believe it was Chou en Lai.  No matter what you
think of Chou at least he held his liquor

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/04/04 at 6:44 pm

Then there was the time bushie the first got drunk and through up on the shoes of the gentleman
next to him at a very public diplomatic dinner.  I believe it was Chou en Lai.  No matter what you
think of Chou at least he held his liquor

You're right, I had forgotten about that faux pas.  One might suggest that only the very immature take pleasure in the phisical discomforture of others, but oh well...

Written By: AL-B on 11/05/04 at 1:08 pm

My intent was not to make light of Castro's injuries. I just happen to think that the visual of him falling on his face is funny, and I make no apololgies for it.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/05/04 at 1:32 pm

My intent was not to make light of Castro's injuries. I just happen to think that the visual of him falling on his face is funny, and I make no apololgies for it.

That's ok, I laughed when bush one threw up, and they tried to tell us it was because he had
the flu ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/05/04 at 1:49 pm

Good!  Castro is one SOB I personally wish would hurry up and die already.  The cuban people have suffered under him long enough, and I have been waiting for years now to try some of those famous cuban cigars.

Arafat will likely die in the next couple of days.  Castro falling on his ugly face and breaking some bones gives me hope he will soon be gone.  The American troops have surrounded Fallujah and will soon invade and will most likely kill or arrest Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, who is the main cause of problems in Iraq, we know he is in Fallujah and will the very soon to come invasion there is no escape for him.  It seems the evil are falling all over the world.

Written By: AL-B on 11/05/04 at 2:04 pm

That's ok, I laughed when bush one threw up, and they tried to tell us it was because he had
the flu ;D
I guess I'm not the only one here who's "sick and immature." ;)

Written By: AL-B on 11/05/04 at 2:09 pm

Good!  Castro is one SOB I personally wish would hurry up and die already.  The cuban people have suffered under him long enough, and I have been waiting for years now to try some of those famous cuban cigars.
I bought a genuine Cohiba made in Havana when I was down in Tijuana 3 years ago, and you wouldn't believe how good it was.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/05/04 at 3:07 pm

Arafat will likely die in the next couple of days.  Castro falling on his ugly face and breaking some bones gives me hope he will soon be gone.  The American troops have surrounded Fallujah and will soon invade and will most likely kill or arrest Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, who is the main cause of problems in Iraq, we know he is in Fallujah and will the very soon to come invasion there is no escape for him.  It seems the evil are falling all over the world.

I find it interesting that Castro is able to ride around in a canvas covered jeep, often alone, stop by the roadside and talk to ordinary people, stand without body armour in front of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands for hours speaking and after 45 years in power is still alive.  Meanwhile, only sworn Bush supporters were allowed into his "rallies", tickets required, and even a "support the bill of rights" Tee shirt was concidered reason for ejection.  Makes you wonder...

And you KNOW Al Zarqawi is in Falluja?  Do you have his address?  I guess you have a conduit to the CIA (Cocaine Importation Agency) and they told you?  And you trust their "intelligence"?

Cuban cigars are EXCELLENT, smooth, flavorful... I still have one or 2 cigarette shaped ones in the freezer, reserved for very special occasions.  How did I get them?  Not telling.  But if you are looking for major changes in Cuba after Castro steps aside or dies, don't hold your breath.  Cuban nationalism and egalitarianism will continue to be a thorn in the side of reactionary presidents.  Too bad China and Vietnam, both "communist" countries have trade relations with the US, too bad they don't make great cigars.  By tyhe way, Puerto Rican cigars are a fair substitute for the Cubans.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/06/04 at 2:26 am

I find it interesting that Castro is able to ride around in a canvas covered jeep, often alone, stop by the roadside and talk to ordinary people, stand without body armour in front of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands for hours speaking and after 45 years in power is still alive.  Meanwhile, only sworn Bush supporters were allowed into his "rallies", tickets required, and even a "support the bill of rights" Tee shirt was concidered reason for ejection.  Makes you wonder...

One small problem: THE CUBAN PEOPLE DON'T HAVE GUNS!  I bet they would shoot him if possible.  There love is false, look how the Iraq people cheered when they saw Saddam Hussein, but when he was out of power they really cheered, brought down his statue....are you saying that they love Castro?

I don't see any Americans getting on rafts and poorly made boats and risking their life to sail to Cuba.  But doesn't just the opposite happen? 

Wait till he dies, we will see how much the cubans really cared for him.

Written By: dude on 11/06/04 at 4:45 am

And you KNOW Al Zarqawi is in Falluja?  Do you have his address?  I guess you have a conduit to the CIA (Cocaine Importation Agency) and they told you?  And you trust their "intelligence"?

Cuban cigars are EXCELLENT, smooth, flavorful... I still have one or 2 cigarette shaped ones in the freezer, reserved for very special occasions.  How did I get them?  Not telling.  But if you are looking for major changes in Cuba after Castro steps aside or dies, don't hold your breath.  Cuban nationalism and egalitarianism will continue to be a thorn in the side of reactionary presidents.  Too bad China and Vietnam, both "communist" countries have trade relations with the US, too bad they don't make great cigars.  By tyhe way, Puerto Rican cigars are a fair substitute for the Cubans.
DC, I have to ask........why does someone with your obvious intelligence, moral fiber, strong convictions, and life experience continue to reply to, and try to rationalize with, the rhetoric and parroting of the right wing, neo-con, world domination agenda that this idiot poor confused child spews?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/06/04 at 5:04 am

DC, I have to ask........why does someone with your obvious intelligence, moral fiber, strong convictions, and life experience continue to reply to, and try to rationalize with, the rhetoric and parroting of the right wing, neo-con, world domination agenda that this idiot poor confused child spews?

Dude, I have to ask.....why do you keep following me around attacking me personally every chance you get?  You never attack any of the statements I make, just let someone else do it and say ''ditto,'' which shows your true intelligence.  You're good at calling people names, but if you want anyone to listen to you I suggest you lay off the name calling and go after the issues, something I doubt you can do.

But since that was above you, I will sink to your level for now: a**hole.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/04 at 8:13 am

I bought a genuine Cohiba made in Havana when I was down in Tijuana 3 years ago, and you wouldn't believe how good it was.

You can buy Cuban cigars in Canada, you can order them with your drugs, but beware, in our free
and open society the are contraband.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/06/04 at 2:40 pm

Dude, I have to ask.....why do you keep following me around attacking me personally every chance you get?  You never attack any of the statements I make, just let someone else do it and say ''ditto,'' which shows your true intelligence.  You're good at calling people names, but if you want anyone to listen to you I suggest you lay off the name calling and go after the issues, something I doubt you can do.

But since that was above you, I will sink to your level for now: a**hole.

I find it really interesting that you are offended by personal attacks since you often make the personal attacks to most people on this board who disagrees with you.

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/06/04 at 2:51 pm

One small problem: THE CUBAN PEOPLE DON'T HAVE GUNS!  I bet they would shoot him if possible.  There love is false, look how the Iraq people cheered when they saw Saddam Hussein, but when he was out of power they really cheered, brought down his statue....are you saying that they love Castro?

I don't see any Americans getting on rafts and poorly made boats and risking their life to sail to Cuba.  But doesn't just the opposite happen? 

Wait till he dies, we will see how much the cubans really cared for him.

Actually, the Cuban people do have guns.  They also have free education as far as they can go, free public transportation, free heath care etc.  Some, impressed (one might say hypnotized) by our consumer culture, come here thinking that life will be better.  Most are sadly disappointed.  But you would never believe that.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/06/04 at 2:54 pm

Thanks for the compliments Dude.  I often ask myself the same question.  It is obvious that he will never change his tune, but then, I find it hard to leave him unchallenged, or to let Max, Doonat et al have all the fun refuting his malarky.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/04 at 3:30 pm

Arafat will likely die in the next couple of days. Castro falling on his ugly face and breaking some bones gives me hope he will soon be gone. The American troops have surrounded Fallujah and will soon invade and will most likely kill or arrest Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, who is the main cause of problems in Iraq, we know he is in Fallujah and will the very soon to come invasion there is no escape for him. It seems the evil are falling all over the world.

Hmmmm, what you fail to realise here is that although he is Jerkoff Numero Uno in my opinion, Arafat is fairly moderate compared to who will take control after him. Basically the two leading contenders are Islamic Jihad and Hammas... Boy they're gonna negotiate with Israel aren't they.

Abu.. Mahu whatever the hell his name is... sure he is getting people to blow themselves up, but at the end of the day soon as he has been blown away somebody else will step in and take his place.. and of course 'cus there mentor, leader, father, brother, uncle.. whatever has been killed they will just be even more pissed off.. Bushie did a great job taking us in to Iraq, I just can't wait to say how many people he can piss off in the next 4 years..

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/04 at 4:50 pm

Hmmmm, what you fail to realise here is that although he is Jerkoff Numero Uno in my opinion, Arafat is fairly moderate compared to who will take control after him. Basically the two leading contenders are Islamic Jihad and Hammas... Boy they're gonna negotiate with Israel aren't they.

Abu.. Mahu whatever the hell his name is... sure he is getting people to blow themselves up, but at the end of the day soon as he has been blown away somebody else will step in and take his place.. and of course 'cus there mentor, leader, father, brother, uncle.. whatever has been killed they will just be even more ticked off.. Bushie did a great job taking us in to Iraq, I just can't wait to say how many people he can tick off in the next 4 years..

Yes,yes, and yes again!!!! 

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/06/04 at 4:56 pm

Has arafat actually died do we know... apparently he is now brain dead or something.. and can somebody tell me why he is in a french military hospital?

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/04 at 8:50 am

Has arafat actually died do we know... apparently he is now brain dead or something.. and can somebody tell me why he is in a french military hospital?

He is in a coma, and he is 75 so we can just about write him off.  He is in a French military
hospital because that is the only facility the Isrealis would grant safe passage to.

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/07/04 at 10:27 am

Yeah he is all but dead now... I wouldnt have blamed Israel for taking him out as he was going there...

Written By: AL-B on 11/10/04 at 2:28 am

Actually, the Cuban people do have guns.  They also have free education as far as they can go, free public transportation, free heath care etc.  Some, impressed (one might say hypnotized) by our consumer culture, come here thinking that life will be better.  Most are sadly disappointed.  But you would never believe that.
But you must remember that the Cuban people don't have a free press, nor free elections, nor are they able to freely criticize their leaders. I have never been to Cuba, so I honestly don't know how their standard of living really is. But I also don't believe that people would risk their lives to sail 90 miles to Florida simply because of our "consumer culture." They are coming here because they want to live in a free society.
     I also think that our policy towards Cuba is hopelessly outdated, and that our government should get off its high horse and begin engaging Castro and work towards normalizing diplomatic relations and trade. The Cuban-American expatriate community in South Florida would undoubtedly go ballistic at this suggestion, yet we have normalized relations with Vietnam, a (communist) nation in which 58,000 U.S. troops lost their lives. I'm sure that a lot of people (especially Floridians) are still peeved about the Cuban Missile Crisis, but that was a long time ago and Cuba hasn't posed a serious military threat to us since the Soviets withdrew their missiles. Why the big hard-on against Cuba? No doubt it has a lot to do with Castro's defiant speeches and thumbing his nose at the United States for the last 45 years, coupled with our government's frustration at its inability to really do anything about it. I do think that if we lifted the embargo against Cuba that it would do more to raise its people's standard of living and eventually lead to greater freedom for them than if we continued with our current policy. They're so hypnotized by our consumer culture? I say lift the sanctions and bring it to them. Castro probably fears that more than anything.

Check for new replies or respond here...