» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Elizabeth(Mrs. John) Edwards has cancer

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 4:08 pm

Right after the concession speech the Edwards went to Mass General to get the
results of her tests that were taken a week ago. She has ductal breast cancer.
Luckily she has health insurance, something Edwards would have liked everyone
in the USA in their situation to have.

Subject: Re: Elizabeth(Mrs. John) Edwards has cancer

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 4:54 pm

I am not a Liberal Democrat. I'm a Consrvative Republican...but I am human....I hope she will be alright and my prayers go out to her :\'(

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 4:57 pm

I am not a Liberal Democrat. I'm a Consrvative Republican...but I am human....I hope she will be alright and my prayers go out to her :\'(

I don't believe anyone would suggest that your party dictates your heart.  I know we all feel that this
horror is something that everyone can relate too, something everyone has been touched by. 

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 4:58 pm

I don't believe anyone would suggest that your party dictates your heart.  I know we all feel that this
horror is something that everyone can relate too, something everyone has been touched by. 
You'd be suprised how low some people can go, DanootaAndMe...but thanks for taking me seriously ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/04/04 at 5:24 pm

While Mrs Edwards is a political figure, there is nothing political about cancer, RRF, and judging from what you have said in the past I would only expect the response you posted.  We may disagree politically but remain human beings, and (mostly) civil.

What is the prognosis?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 5:55 pm

While Mrs Edwards is a political figure, there is nothing political about cancer, RRF, and judging from what you have said in the past I would only expect the response you posted.  We may disagree politically but remain human beings, and (mostly) civil.

As usual, Don Carlos, you show what a classy and caring person you are. I am glad to know you :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/04/04 at 6:12 pm

What is the prognosis?

It's ductal, that is not too good because that is the kind that spreads.  They will have to go in and see
the extent of it.  Regardless it will most likely involve surgery and chemo.  I have a few friends who have
been this route.  It doesn't end. It is a lifelong thing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/04 at 8:43 pm

This is very sad news. They are in my thoughts.

As usual, Don Carlos, you show what a classy and caring person you are. I am glad to know you :)

Of course he is classy and caring. Do you think I would be with anyone who wasn't? (Well, we won't talk about my first husband-lol)  ;) ;D

Cat

Written By: McDonald on 11/04/04 at 9:13 pm

It makes this whole ordeal doubly sad to hear about this.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 10:35 pm

This is very sad news. They are in my thoughts.

Of course he is classy and caring. Do you think I would be with anyone who wasn't? (Well, we won't talk about my first husband-lol)  ;) ;D

Cat
;D

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/04/04 at 10:36 pm

It makes this whole ordeal doubly sad to hear about this.
Not for me...it is much sadder to lose a life than to lose this election :\'(

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/05/04 at 12:57 am

No! Not another one!  :\'(

Get well soon Libby (or Liz) Edwards.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/05/04 at 1:38 am

Get well, Liz!

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 11/05/04 at 8:23 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.  My grandma survived breast cancer, and she was 20 years older at the time...plus sickly.  She can make it through this.  It really helps that her husband is so supportive.

Written By: Jessica on 11/05/04 at 12:20 pm

What a cr*p deal. I hope they're able to cure her.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/05/04 at 3:34 pm

And while we disagree abouth things political, I'm glad to know you.  Unlike some of your aquaintances on the right, you speak YOUR mind, and certainly show compassion for other people.  I have more to say, but I will PM you with it.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/05/04 at 4:35 pm

And while we disagree abouth things political, I'm glad to know you.  Unlike some of your aquaintances on the right, you speak YOUR mind, and certainly show compassion for other people.  I have more to say, but I will PM you with it.
Thank You, Don Carlos :) I have responded in kind ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...