» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Red states not as red as they appear

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/05/04 at 11:13 am

http://www.princeton.edu/%7Ervdb/JAVA/election2004/

looks mostly purple really...

Subject: Re: Red states not as red as they appear

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/05/04 at 3:08 pm

Same with the blue states, particularly the ones in the Midwest and Pennsylvania :)

I am also amazed that California was so close...I always pictured it as a solid Kerry state but he didn't have the blowout I thought he would have.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/04 at 3:12 pm

Still way too red for my liking!
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/05/04 at 3:24 pm

I still think the idea of a United Provinces of Canada and Jesusland is very attractive.  Let the bible belt get along without the financial capital of the world, what's left of the industrial heartland, and silicon valley.  They will all be saying "grits with that sir, or rather y'all?"

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/05/04 at 3:29 pm

Well Utah (which went over 70% for Bush) is solid red.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/05/04 at 3:56 pm

Well Utah (which went over 70% for Bush) is solid red.

And I guess your point is that Mormons love Bush, along with bigamy?  And why not polyandry (look it up).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/04 at 4:10 pm

I still think the idea of a United Provinces of Canada and Jesusland is very attractive.  Let the bible belt get along without the financial capital of the world, what's left of the industrial heartland, and silicon valley.  They will all be saying "grits with that sir, or rather y'all?"

Some of my more frustrated fellow-liberals have uttered words about "secession."  That's ridiculous.  I mean, not just ridiculous for the obvious legal and political ramifications, but ridiculous because Blue America needs the natural resources of Red America as much as Red America needs the capital, political power, and brain trust of Blue America.  What the reasonable minority must do is talk the zombified majority out of allegiance to Christo-fascism.  Of course, they can't use that kind of phraseology to do it!

Check for new replies or respond here...