» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yasser Arafat Dead at 75

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/11/04 at 10:15 am

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041111/ap_on_re_mi_ea/arafat_11

Subject: Re: Yasser Arafat Dead at 75

Written By: Alchoholica on 11/11/04 at 10:30 am

LMAO

GW your so much more entertaining now the election is over

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/11/04 at 1:42 pm

Actually, Jay Leno was talking about that on The Tonight Show Tuesday. Were you watching that show, GW?
Now what is going to happen to Hollyweird's movie?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.parcol33.0015.ImageFile.jpg

And Weekend at Yasser's seemed like such a good idea.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/11/04 at 2:41 pm

Actually, Jay Leno was talking about that on The Tonight Show Tuesday. Were you watching that show, GW?

No.  I got the joke and the doctored photo from Rush Limbaugh, who said it before Jay Leno did.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/11/04 at 3:22 pm

While Yasser had many faults he did maintain a level of discipline over the Palisinian movement.  I just hope his death does not lead to a scramble among his would be successors to see who is the most nationalistic.  That would be bad news  for Israel, the Middle East (a western ethnocentric term, its really west Asia), and the world.

Written By: Bobby on 11/11/04 at 6:37 pm

Weekend at Yassers!?! GWBush that is so funny!  ;D  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/11/04 at 7:24 pm

While Yasser had many faults he did maintain a level of discipline over the Palisinian movement. I just hope his death does not lead to a scramble among his would be successors to see who is the most nationalistic. That would be bad news for Israel, the Middle East (a western ethnocentric term, its really west Asia), and the world.

I agree.  I have heard reports all day talking about how this may bring peace to the middle east...my fear is that it may make things worse over there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/04 at 7:48 pm

I agree.  I have heard reports all day talking about how this may bring peace to the middle east...my fear is that it may make things worse over there.

They won't have Arafat to kick around anymore!  Arafat gave Israel an excuse NOT to negotiate just by being Arafat.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/11/04 at 7:59 pm

While Yasser had many faults he did maintain a level of discipline over the Palisinian movement.  I just hope his death does not lead to a scramble among his would be successors to see who is the most nationalistic.  That would be bad news  for Israel, the Middle East (a western ethnocentric term, its really west Asia), and the world.

Don Carlos, I was once told that many "Middle Easterners" actually resent the term "Middle East" because its origins are back to the old British empire and its nastiness...

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/12/04 at 4:40 pm

Don Carlos, I was once told that many "Middle Easterners" actually resent the term "Middle East" because its origins are back to the old British empire and its nastiness...

Absolutly.  Look at a map.  That region of the world is west Asia.  You might want to check out the Edward Said Reader.  He was a Palistinian expatriot living in the US who naturally presents the Palistinian perspective, which we don't hear very much from our "fair and balanced" news media, and I'm not just refering to Fox.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 10:33 am

Unfortunately, like the "Indian" term for Native Americans, the stigma of the "Middle East" label will remain.

Check for new replies or respond here...