» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Colin Powell To Resign

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/15/04 at 5:19 pm

With three others...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=1&u=/ap/20041115/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_cabinet_25

Subject: Re: Colin Powell To Resign

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/15/04 at 5:38 pm

What does that bring it to now, six?  I'm glad the Sec. of Defense is still around.

Anyway, can't say I'll miss Colin, though he will break up the team: Bush, D-i-c-k, and Colin.

Time for a more conservative Sec. of State, maybe Miss Rice?

Written By: Davester on 11/16/04 at 11:18 am

What does that bring it to now, six?  I'm glad the Sec. of Defense is still around.

Anyway, can't say I'll miss Colin, though he will break up the team: Bush, D-i-c-k, and Colin.

Time for a more conservative Sec. of State, maybe Miss Rice?

I'm not a big fan of Colin Powell but I thought he did a fair job under difficult circumstances, especially since he so clearly opposed the war but wouldn't publicly disagree with the President. It took guts to deliver the President's message and not insert his own agenda.

Ms. Rice just doesn't seem right for the post. She's more a cold war scholar than a diplomat, particularly since she is closely associated (rightly or wrongly) with the unilateralist stance the US has taken in the last few years.  It's unfortunate that there are places in the world where her gender will make her ineffective just as it did for Madeleine Albright.

I am also a bit surprised from another aspect; thinking about the confirmation hearings...While I certainly don't see the Democrats blocking her, they will ask a lot of questions about the Iraq War, 9/11, and basically give them a public forum for again debating the US foreign policy of the last 4 years. I wonder if one more public debate about the war is really what the Bush administration wants right now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/04 at 11:49 am

Let Bush fill his cabinet with yes-men.  With no one to keep a check on reality, the administration's cockamamie plans will unravel for all to see!

Written By: Davester on 11/16/04 at 3:51 pm

Let Bush fill his cabinet with yes-men.  With no one to keep a check on reality, the administration's cockamamie plans will unravel for all to see!

Yeah, Rice is going to be a puppet. Powell was the only honorable man in Bush's Admin, and they kicked him out.
Ah well, c'est la vie.

Oh yeah, while they're at it they'd better start shopping around for another V.P. soon.  Four heart attacks and counting...I wonder who's in the frame for that job?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/16/04 at 4:06 pm

My guess it will be Jeb Bush.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/16/04 at 5:52 pm

If GWB has his way it will be Smot Romney.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/16/04 at 5:53 pm

If GWB has his way it will be Smot Romney.

Oops, sorry for the misspelling  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/04 at 9:02 pm

Well the position has gone to number 2 wife.  In my opinion she is a disgrace.  Colin Powell
wasn't out 10 minutes before she jumped in, and then said how much she respected him.
This has been on the stove for at least 2 years and now bushie will parade her around to show
his diversification of appointments with her, and maybe clarence,  and gonzales. Gonzales was
the judge who let georgie out of jury duty when georgie, governor of Texas, was called to serve
and showed up.  The case he was going to be on turned out to be a drunk driving case and
georgie would have had to answer the question, "Have you ever been arrested while driving
intoxicated".  All of the sudden he was needed at the state house and gonzales relieved him
of his duty, he never had to answer the question, and the pay is now in the envelope.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/04 at 9:40 pm

I didn't mean to be sexist in the use of the term "yes-men."  We've got Condi Rice and Gail Norton.  I should say "yes-men and women," or "yes-men and yes-women."  (yes-people?)
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/04 at 5:19 pm

I didn't mean to be sexist in the use of the term "yes-men."  We've got Condi Rice and Gail Norton.  I should say "yes-men and women," or "yes-men and yes-women."  (yes-people?)
::)

How about just calling them b*llsuckers and let it got at that ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/17/04 at 5:26 pm

Nice to see how the ''tolerant'' left thinks of Dr. Rice.  Screw the fact that she is the first black woman.  The democrats are the biggest group of racists, and it is funny to see them attack her because she is a black who wanted to (and did) leave the plantation that is the democratic party.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/04 at 6:27 pm

Nice to see how the ''tolerant'' left thinks of Dr. Rice.  Screw the fact that she is the first black woman.  The democrats are the biggest group of racists, and it is funny to see them attack her because she is a black who wanted to (and did) leave the plantation that is the democratic party.

Oh, you know better than that!
If Democrats supported Dr. Rice just because she is Black, that would be racist.  We dislike Dr. Rice because we disagree with her political positions and question her competence.

It's just like those far-right African-American and Latino jurists the Bush Administration keeps trying to appoint.  They find the only "minority" judges out there to the right of Tom DeLay, and then cry racism when Democrats object.  I mean, how cheap can you get?

We do not judge a tree by the bark that it wears, but by the fruit that it bears.

As for the "democrat plantation," that's just another self-serving fantasy cooked up by the Republican Noise Machine.  For shame!

Written By: danootaandme on 11/18/04 at 6:44 pm

I second that ^ emotion.  I supported Thurgood Marshalls appointment, not Clarence Thomas, I
would have supported a Caucasian with substance over him. Since when does not supporting
someone because they are diametrically opposed to what you believe racist? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...