» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Morals and Mr President

Written By: danootaandme on 11/22/04 at 7:59 pm

There seems to be a movement afoot to try and make it possible for Ahhnold to run
for President.  Another name on the list is Rudy Guliani.  With all the garbage that
gets thrown around about bringing morality back into the white house, I would like to
know how the right rationalizes these two candidates.  We all know about Ahhnold, he
makes Clinton look like a 14 year old on a first date.  He also has a 10 year old son from
and extramarital affair, for whom he pays support, but doesn't acknowledge publicly and
hasn't put his name on the birth certificate.  Rudy is on his 3rd marriage.  He moved his
current wife into the governors mansion before his divorce was final, and while his wife
AND CHILDREN were still living there. So tell me, about those morals??????

Subject: Re: Morals and Mr President

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/22/04 at 8:31 pm

Arnuld has no chance what so ever of becoming president. A foreign-born president is something Americans won't stand for (me included). As for Guiliani, he wasn't a great mayor, so having him run for president is even more of an asinine idea.

Tanya

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/22/04 at 9:57 pm

Neither one of those bums are going to run.  The rumors mostly center around:

John McCain
The current governor of Massachusetts
The current governor of Colorado
Condi Rice

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/23/04 at 1:09 am

Neither one of those bums are going to run.  The rumors mostly center around:

John McCain
The current governor of Massachusetts
The current governor of Colorado
Condi Rice

The only Mitts from Massachusetts I wanna see winning anything are all on the hands of Red Sox fielders!

Written By: philbo on 11/23/04 at 7:23 am

Well, if Arnie can get to be governor, and knowing the rivalry between them... what about:

Sylvester Stallone for President

;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/04 at 8:03 am

Yeah,  but none of this answers my question.  Seems the only thing I can come up with is
(dare I say it) hypocrisy ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/23/04 at 8:31 am

There seems to be a movement afoot to try and make it possible for Ahhnold to run
for President.  Another name on the list is Rudy Guliani.  With all the garbage that
gets thrown around about bringing morality back into the white house, I would like to
know how the right rationalizes these two candidates.  We all know about Ahhnold, he
makes Clinton look like a 14 year old on a first date.  He also has a 10 year old son from
and extramarital affair, for whom he pays support, but doesn't acknowledge publicly and
hasn't put his name on the birth certificate.  Rudy is on his 3rd marriage.  He moved his
current wife into the governors mansion before his divorce was final, and while his wife

There is no clear answer to your question, because your question assumes that there is a monolithic "right" in politics.  ???

I tend to be towards the "right", but have no desire to amend the constitution to allow foreigners to run for President.  Heck, I really did not like the idea that a foreigner (Teresa Heinz) stood a good chance of even being first lady.  (Besides, she just has a NASTY demeanor.  She really needs to do something about that perpetual look of constipation she has on her face).  ::)

In the end, Arnold would never get enough votes to win for President anyway.  He won the Governor's office more due to the fact that California was fed up with the old Governor, and the rest of the candidates were total losers.  So Arnold won, and in that case I think he was the best candidate at that time.  ( By the way I did some Googling and could find no references to even a rumour about an out of wedlock son. )

As for Giuliani, he would stand a fair chance in a Presidential election.  Used to be a registered Democrat.  Could pull a Ronald Reagan.  And since his first wife was also his cousin, he'd pull in alot of those Clinton voters.  ;D   As for 2nd wife Donna Hanover, I never liked her, even way back in 1980 when she was on TV in Pittsburgh.  Carried herself like she had a stick up her **** and was better than everybody else.  Kudos to Rudy for showing her who's the boss.  ;)

Written By: nally on 11/23/04 at 1:31 pm

Sylvester Stallone for President

;)

Interesting...I thought I might wanna point out that he has the exact same date of birth as the current U.S. President. (July 6th, 1946) ;)

The only Mitts from Massachusetts I wanna see winning anything are all on the hands of Red Sox fielders!

I enjoyed that.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/04 at 4:14 pm

There is no clear answer to your question, because your question assumes that there is a monolithic "right" in politics.  ???

I tend to be towards the "right", but have no desire to amend the constitution to allow foreigners to run for President.  Heck, I really did not like the idea that a foreigner (Teresa Heinz) stood a good chance of even being first lady.  (Besides, she just has a NASTY demeanor.  She really needs to do something about that perpetual look of constipation she has on her face).  ::)

In the end, Arnold would never get enough votes to win for President anyway.  He won the Governor's office more due to the fact that California was fed up with the old Governor, and the rest of the candidates were total losers.  So Arnold won, and in that case I think he was the best candidate at that time.  ( By the way I did some Googling and could find no references to even a rumour about an out of wedlock son. )

As for Giuliani, he would stand a fair chance in a Presidential election.  Used to be a registered Democrat.  Could pull a Ronald Reagan.  And since his first wife was also his cousin, he'd pull in alot of those Clinton voters.  ;D  As for 2nd wife Donna Hanover, I never liked her, even way back in 1980 when she was on TV in Pittsburgh.  Carried herself like she had a stick up her **** and was better than everybody else.  Kudos to Rudy for showing her who's the boss.  ;)

I am also against changing the Constitution, but there does seem to be a movement afoot.  Actually, I go
a bit further.  I believe that to be President of the USA you should be born and have attended public schools for your primary education through the high school years.  I also believe that once a President
is out of office he should have to live at what the median income was when he left office(with cost of living raises), knocking of the top and bottom 10%.  Hey, it's a small price to pay for being ruler of the world. 
About Gulianis marriage to Hanover, I don't care either way about her, but there are children involved(who I'm sure they have royally screwed up).  You don't move your girlfriend into the house that the children live with with their mother.  That shows an unparalleled selfishness in both him and the new  wife, as well as vindictiveness.
During the campaign for Ahhnold reference was made to a young boy
that he was paying support for.  The mother had married and refused to be interviewed, and, I believe the tabloids, being tabloids, got to the kid.  It was quieted real fast, maybe someone here remembers it.
I don't mean to suggest that all those who lean to the right are in favor of these two, but I do wonder about those who would support them, if they have in the past called for a "return to morality" in the White House.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/23/04 at 4:27 pm

How self-centered must Schwarzenegger be to think the constitution should be changed for him.  ''AmendforArnold?''  Come on.  I think the constitution should not be changed to allow people born outside this country to run for President.

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/23/04 at 5:40 pm

Once again, I agree with GWB on changing the Constitution - BAD Idea. 

Danoot, you've got to realize that "family values" is code for anti-gay, anti-abortion, and pro-guns and that's all.  Check out the divorce rate, and what the neocons propose to do about it - nothing.  To me, these guys are both sleeze balls because their actions are sleezy regardless of what they proclaim.  Now if people really want to protect family values, they might try starting in their own homes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/23/04 at 7:10 pm

How self-centered must Schwarzenegger be to think the constitution should be changed for him.  ''AmendforArnold?''  Come on.  I think the constitution should not be changed to allow people born outside this country to run for President.

And that's another thing we agree on!
I don't think there's going to be an Arnold amendment.  Even if Arnold could run, I can't see him getting the nomination.  He holds to many values contrary to the conservative movement.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/23/04 at 8:33 pm

Even if Arnold could run, I can't see him getting the nomination.  He holds to many values contrary to the conservative movement.

BINGO!  That is why I can't see Rudolph Guliani as President.  If he gets the nomination, he will win, plain and simple.  BUT, he the right and the far-right will never give a pro-choice, pro-gun control, and pro-gay marriage candidate the nomination.  Sorry Rudy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/04 at 1:59 am

BINGO!  That is why I can't see Rudolph Guliani as President.  If he gets the nomination, he will win, plain and simple.  BUT, he the right and the far-right will never give a pro-choice, pro-gun control, and pro-gay marriage candidate the nomination.  Sorry Rudy.

If it's Giuliani vs. Clinton in 2008, you can bet your sweet @ss the conservatives will put their full weight behind Rudy!  They're not crazy enough to split the vote by supporting the Constitution Party, or some other right-wing third party.  That would get Hillary elected for sure!
:o

The conservatives weren't too gung ho about Dole in '96, and Dole ran a lackluster campaign that would have been a loser even if nutjob Perot wasn't in there with his 8%.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/24/04 at 4:49 pm

I was watching Barak Obama today.  He will run, the question is when.  I like what I see there.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 11/24/04 at 6:37 pm

Arnold and John Lennon would've made fast friends ::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/25/04 at 11:46 am

Arnold and John Lennon would've made fast friends ::)

Now wait >:(  John Lennon was far from an Arnold.  He admitted he started out with none of
the respect he should have had, but he admitted his faults.  He was far from perfect but he
was in no way any arnold.  I know you seem to have a hair about the way he treated Julian,
but it is my understanding that they did try to repair that relationship in the years before what I
call " the incident"  I would also say that there are more that are deserving of the special place
in your heart you seem to have for Johnny.

Check for new replies or respond here...