» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Again from the idiots at PETA? Celebrates the deaths of 6 hunters in Wisconsin.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/23/04 at 8:54 pm

Ok, I know it is a lost cause to argue with these fools, but I get dam* mad to see them happy over the deaths of our fellow hunters. I responded on the Peta 2 messageboard (PETA 2 is for college-age freaks/vegans) because I was pissed, but screw them..

http://216.197.111.89/public/folder_view.cfm?pageid=341&option=view_thread&postid=881785&folderid=5140

Subject: Re: Again from the idiots at PETA? Celebrates the deaths of 6 hunters in Wiscon

Written By: danootaandme on 11/24/04 at 7:39 am

PETA people, in other lifetimes, must have be failed facists.  I realy can't get a handle on why they would
think that they could gain any sympathy or respect for there position.  Self-centered, preachy, spoiled,
jerks, I could just smack them(and make them eat pork)!

Subject: Re: Again from the idiots at PETA? Celebrates the deaths of 6 hunters in Wisconsin.

Written By: philbo on 11/24/04 at 8:20 am

Has to be said that the quality of comment on that messageboard didn't say much for the intelligence of your averate PETArian.

Subject: Re: Again from the idiots at PETA? Celebrates the deaths of 6 hunters in Wisconsin.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 10:31 am

I'm not supporting the deaths of the hunters or PETA. But the hunting industry is the equivalency of the tobacco industry IMHO. Poachers are definitely the worst of these. I sympathize with the familes of the hunters. I'm pretty sure these weren't poachers. But also pray for the animals needlessly killed too.
:\'(

Written By: AL-B on 11/24/04 at 12:43 pm

I'm not supporting the deaths of the hunters or PETA. But the hunting industry is the equivalency of the tobacco industry IMHO. Poachers are definitely the worst of these. I sympathize with the familes of the hunters. I'm pretty sure these weren't poachers. But also pray for the animals needlessly killed too.
:\'(

Although I have never been hunting, I have nothng against those who hunt responsibly. I think hunting is necessary to control the deer population. They breed like rats, and it seems like I'm seeing more and more deer carcasses on the side of the interstate than ever before.
    I also think that a lot of PETA members display masochistic tendencies. They seem to enjoy the hostility they get from mainstream society.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 12:59 pm

Now comes word that the shootings were racially motivated. :(
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-23-hunters-shot_x.htm

Although I have never been hunting, I have nothng against those who hunt responsibly. I think hunting is necessary to control the deer population. They breed like rats, and it seems like I'm seeing more and more deer carcasses on the side of the interstate than ever before.
    I also think that a lot of PETA members display masochistic tendencies. They seem to enjoy the hostility they get from mainstream society.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/24/04 at 2:07 pm

Sorry, I don't buy the "racist" argument.

Why? While I believe that being called countless racial slurs is enough to p*ss anyone off, it's no excuse to kill someone. Is this your reason?

Regarding PETA, IMO, they are a bunch of hypocrites.  Look at Pam Anderson, for example.  I've seen multiple photos of her wearing the furry UGG boots.  What are UGG boots made out of?  Sheepskin...and according to UGG, they do not make a "synthetic" version of their boots. ::)

But Pam Anderson is just one person...and I agree. I can't take her seriously as a staunch supporter of PETA either. But there are countless other credible "celebrity" supporters: Linda Blair and Kim Basinger to name a couple, and plenty of ordinary people who are not radicals and are credible supporters of PETA. Like me! OK, I'm not a vegan, but I'm a vegetarian, and I strongly support the rights of all living creatures.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 2:27 pm

If it was a racial thing, and it's a good chance since the perp was Vietnamese, that would make me think less of the hunters, although it would be otherwise senseless. It wouldn't make me condone the derision of PETA "supporters". A true believer would condemn the deaths of all the living, including the unborn.

Subject: Re: Again from the idiots at PETA? Celebrates the deaths of 6 hunters in Wiscon

Written By: danootaandme on 11/24/04 at 4:47 pm

Why? While I believe that being called countless racial slurs is enough to p*ss anyone off, it's no excuse to kill someone. Is this your reason?

Absolutely Vile

There is said to be a lot of racial tension in that area, usually it is the Hmong who feel the brunt of it.  Of
course one also wonders if all those guys would have run out so fast to get that guy out of the stand
if he had been caucasian.  There is also the question of why the police, who had been to the guys
home multiple times for domestic abuse never arrested him, or even removed him from the house. He liked to slap his wife around, was prone to violence, and was able to get his had a a good cheap
automatic assault weapon.  Recipe for disaster in any language.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/24/04 at 6:48 pm

That hits the nail on the head!  Thanksgiving is when the PETA brats make the rounds eulogising the noble turkey and promoting their ersatz "Tofurkeys."
I see masachostic (and narcissistic) tendancies among other extremists, including some--but not all--anti-abortion activists, religious fundamentalists, and second amendment rights fighters.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/24/04 at 6:58 pm

Look all we know is this guy is alive, 6 others are dead, and 2 are in the hospital and deny the racial thing or shooting first.  These immigrants learn so fast, now watch these guy get off.  But lets turn it around, lets say it was a white guy who was on the private property of a group of 8 asians, and the same thing happened.  Hate crime would come up so fast.  This guy will never be charged with any hate crime.  I'm with Cheerleader, I don't buy his BS for a second.  And it sucks, since Wisconsin is one of the 12 states that have gotten rid of the death penalty, so life in prison with no chance of ever getting out.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/24/04 at 10:32 pm

Yes, tragic no matter who did what.
Of course, liberals will argue for tougher gun-control laws while the gun lobbyists will use this to exploit the tragedy to push their agenda. Politicians just don't care for victims of crime or racism. They just want your Almighty dollars to buy a good campaign to lull voters to sleep.

There is said to be a lot of racial tension in that area, usually it is the Hmong who feel the brunt of it.  Of
course one also wonders if all those guys would have run out so fast to get that guy out of the stand
if he had been caucasian.  There is also the question of why the police, who had been to the guys
home multiple times for domestic abuse never arrested him, or even removed him from the house. He liked to slap his wife around, was prone to violence, and was able to get his had a a good cheap
automatic assault weapon.  Recipe for disaster in any language.

Written By: AL-B on 11/25/04 at 10:58 am

That hits the nail on the head!  Thanksgiving is when the PETA brats make the rounds eulogising the noble turkey and promoting their ersatz "Tofurkeys."
I see masachostic (and narcissistic) tendancies among other extremists, including some--but not all--anti-abortion activists, religious fundamentalists, and second amendment rights fighters.

To our friends at PETA: May you all eat a nice steaming pile of "turducken" this Thanksgiving.  ;)

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/25/04 at 11:04 am

What gives with all the tofu turkey stuf I am hearing about? Turkey rules!!!!! As for celebrating the death of the hunters... uuuuuuummmm ooookkkkay....  ::)

More stuff from PETA....  ::)

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/17/national/main656288.shtml

Written By: Apricot on 11/25/04 at 11:39 am

What gives with all the tofu turkey stuf I am hearing about? Turkey rules!!!!! As for celebrating the death of the hunters... uuuuuuummmm ooookkkkay....  ::)

More stuff from PETA....  ::)

*talking through mouthful of turkey* Huh, I'm sorry? I wasn't listening.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/17/national/main656288.shtml

*talking through mouthful of sushi* Huh, I'm sorry?

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/25/04 at 3:20 pm

To our friends at PETA: May you all eat a nice steaming pile of "turducken" this Thanksgiving.  ;)

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

What gives with all the tofu turkey stuf I am hearing about? Turkey rules!!!!!

To all you carnivores:

All this slagging off of vegetarians and animal lovers (people who give a damn about animal rights) is totally immature. There is nothing wrong with eating something like Tofurkey (I'd love to try it!) or any soy-based meat substitute. Just because people like myself (vegetarians) aren't ravenous carcass gorgers doesn't make us weird or stupid. Please respect the lifestyles, decisions and beliefs of all people, not just your own kind.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Jessica on 11/25/04 at 4:18 pm

To all you carnivores:

All this slagging off of vegetarians and animal lovers (people who give a damn about animal rights) is totally immature. There is nothing wrong with eating something like Tofurkey (I'd love to try it!) or any soy-based meat substitute. Just because people like myself (vegetarians) aren't ravenous carcass gorgers doesn't make us weird or stupid. Please respect the lifestyles, decisions and beliefs of all people, not just your own kind.

Absolutely Vile

When I hear about someone celebrating the deaths of six people by a frickin' madman, I get slightly ticked. So we're making fun of vegetarians. Oh no. It's not any worse than those a$$holes saying it's okay to waste some humans because they were hunters. ::)

That being said, my big, fat, 20 pound turkey is almost done. I slathered him in butter. And look! Turkey gravy to go with it! I'm sure the turkey had feelings, but I'll never know....nor do I really care.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/25/04 at 4:24 pm

When I hear about someone celebrating the deaths of six people by a frickin' madman, I get slightly ticked.

I never said anything about the hunters, did I? No. Don't put words in my mouth. I never condoned that.

That being said, my big, fat, 20 pound turkey is almost done. I slathered him in butter. And look! Turkey gravy to go with it! I'm sure the turkey had feelings, but I'll never know....nor do I really care.

Nice comeback. Real mature...

Absoulutely Vile

Written By: AL-B on 11/26/04 at 2:26 pm

To all you carnivores:

Absolutely Vile
Let me just clarify where I stand on this. I have a sister who is a vegetarian, and it has never been an issue between us. I enjoy cooking and grilling out, and when she comes over for dinner I am more than happy to prepare a meatless dish to accommodate her. At the same time I can grill whatever kind of meat I choose and she has never once said a word to me about it. And you know something? I've NEVER had ANY vegetarian say anything about it to me, ever. Vegetarians are not the issue here. PETA is. They are nothing but a bunch of attention whores who get off on the hostility they receive from the mainstream public.
        And in reality, this is just a small part of a much larger problem, one that may very well lead to the destruction of civilization as we know it. And that, my friends, is EXTREMISM. Instead of having sitting down and working out our differences, or being tolerant of different lifestyles or religions or political beliefs, our political discourse now consists of name-calling and yelling and in more extreme cases, BLOWING SH*T UP. Why do certain people or fringe groups feel that they have this right to act like utter jackasses in order to get their point across? And how many people whom these fringe elements claim to represent get unfairly tarred with the same brush? How many vegetarians get annoyed whenever they watch the news and see some jerk from PETA throwing a tantrum like a 12-year old? How many Muslim-Americans, who came here to escape oppression and brutality, feel ashamed whenever they see the mullahs from Iran leading crowds in chants of "Death to America?" How many Christians shudder whenever they see the Rev. Falwell or Robertson go off on their latest hate-filled tirade? And how many gay people, who just want to go about their lives without harassment or discrimination, cringe whenever they see footage of men wearing Viking helmets and leather thongs marching in a "gay pride" parade?
        Is the whole world going crazy???

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/26/04 at 2:44 pm

Let me just clarify where I stand on this. I have a sister who is a vegetarian, and it has never been an issue between us. I enjoy cooking and grilling out, and when she comes over for dinner I am more than happy to prepare a meatless dish to accommodate her. At the same time I can grill whatever kind of meat I choose and she has never once said a word to me about it. And you know something? I've NEVER had ANY vegetarian say anything about it to me, ever. Vegetarians are not the issue here. PETA is. They are nothing but a bunch of attention whores who get off on the hostility they receive from the mainstream public.
         And in reality, this is just a small part of a much larger problem, one that may very well lead to the destruction of civilization as we know it. And that, my friends, is EXTREMISM. Instead of having sitting down and working out our differences, or being tolerant of different lifestyles or religions or political beliefs, our political discourse now consists of name-calling and yelling and in more extreme cases, BLOWING SH*T UP. Why do certain people or fringe groups feel that they have this right to act like utter jackasses in order to get their point across? And how many people whom these fringe elements claim to represent get unfairly tarred with the same brush? How many vegetarians get annoyed whenever they watch the news and see some jerk from PETA throwing a tantrum like a 12-year old? How many Muslim-Americans, who came here to escape oppression and brutality, feel ashamed whenever they see the mullahs from Iran leading crowds in chants of "Death to America?" How many Christians shudder whenever they see the Rev. Falwell or Robertson go off on their latest hate-filled tirade? And how many gay people, who just want to go about their lives without harassment or discrimination, cringe whenever they see footage of men wearing Viking helmets and leather thongs marching in a "gay pride" parade?

Erm...I was just responding to a couple of rather silly posts... No harm meant!

Absolutely Vile

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/26/04 at 8:47 pm

Sorry if I hit any raw nerves earlier, by the way Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell just plain sacre the crap out of me.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/28/04 at 12:15 am

PETA people, in other lifetimes, must have be failed facists.

I can accept that.  They are the type of people that follow the extremes in life.  The fact that most PETA people are "Cause Heads" (A great line from the movie PCU) shows just that.  The PETA people commonly protest everything under the sun, from G8 meetings and Republican Conventions, to Democratic Conventions and housing developments.

I distrust any political extreme.  From the far left to the far right.  And while I support the idea espoused in "Ethical Treatment Of Animals", the way they do it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I think there may be a part of it there.  According to the report I read in the paper, the owner of the tree stand got on a 2-way radio and called over 6 of his friends.  Why on earth would you call 6 other hunters over, just to remove somebody from your tree stand/property?

Sounds to me more like a "northern redneck", who wanted to teach him a lesson.  It may/may not have been racial, he may just be an anal orifice who does not like tresspassers.  But either way, the owner and his buddies did a lot to excalate tensions and nothing to prevent this from happening.

As I have said before, actions have consequences.  When you call a bunch of buddies together (everybody armed) to solve something like this, it is not hard to expect this kind of outcome.  If I was suddenly facing a group of people like that, I would start to worry myself.  Even if not a single racist word was said by anybody, they unnessicarily rasied the tension in the incident.

To all you carnivores:

All this slagging off of vegetarians and animal lovers (people who give a damn about animal rights) is totally immature.

Actually, I have no problem with vegitarians.  It is the vegans I have a problem with.  Vegans, and every other fringe group which tries to make me change my lifestyle to fit what they think it should be.  If they really feel so strongly that the world (or the country) should be vegitatian, then they are free to move to India, where it is more normal.  But since most of the world thinks otherwise, they are just another minority voice.

And I strongly support reasonable animal rights.  There are people in PETA who believe having animals as pets is "cruelty".  Try telling that to my cat!  I am sure he is horribly abused.  I adopted him after some ^#*$&@^$% abandoned him and the rest of his litter at maybe 6 weeks old.  At least 3 of his brothers and sisters were found dead in the neighborhood where I got him.  The day after I got him, I went and spent half my paycheck on him for toys (I have always spoiled my animals).  :)

In my view, there are 3 types of animals.  One is wild, the way they are in nature.  Those should be taken care of remotely, ensuring they stay healthy.  The next is domesticated livestock.  I believe they should be taken care of and treated humanely.  But ultimately, they are raised to be food.  The next is the domesticated animals we keep for pets.  This I see as a partnership.  They should be taken care of and loved.  In fact, I find the common term "Master" offensive when it comes to pets.  When needed, I use the term "handler" or "caretaker" myself.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/04 at 3:38 am

Mushroom wrote
I distrust any political extreme.
Ah, but the clever extremist will creep up on you via rhetoric that favors your values, assuages your prejudices, and denigrates those you dislike.  This is how the Republican Party, now EXTREMIST in its mainstream has won the hearts of so many millions of seemingly reasonable Americans.  D*mn, they're good!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/28/04 at 4:16 am

Mushroom wrote

Ah, but the clever extremist will creep up on you via rhetoric that favors your values, assuages your prejudices, and denigrates those you dislike.  This is how the Republican Party, now EXTREMIST in its mainstream has won the hearts of so many millions of seemingly reasonable Americans.  D*mn, they're good!

Bush isn't conservative, next to the war on terror, which I fully support him on, he seems like a liberal to me.  He is selling our country out to illegal immigrants, mostly from Mexico.  And spending like a drunken sailor, though he can't force people at gunpoint through the government to pay more taxes, he hasn't vetoed a spending bill yet.  What can I say?  After Bush, maybe we in the republican party can find a true Goldwater conservative.  In the meantime, I will enjoy the moderate-right President we have now, and watch as the democrats become socialists and the republicans become the democrats of the 60's.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/28/04 at 5:38 am

Here we go again!  Five hunters killed in Minnesota over a tree-stand dispute.  Lets see what the college-aged idiots from PETA have to say (from the PETA messageboard):

This story was posted in one of my livejournal communities, and I thought it was, er, interesting:

"5 killed in shootout among deer hunters

MINNEAPOLIS, MINN. - Five deer hunters died and three were injured on Sunday in an apparent shootout over who could occupy a hunting platform in a northwestern Wisconsin forest.
The exact circumstances of the deadly incident that occurred during the annual hunts opening weekend in southwestern Sawyer County remained unclear Monday morning. Police said a single male suspect was arrested Sunday afternoon.
Two hunters were returning to their rural cabin on private land, when they reportedly saw the suspect in one of their tree stands, County Chief Deputy Tim Zeigle said. A confrontation and shooting followed.
It's not known who shot first, Zeigle said.
Both men were wounded and one of them radioed to the cabin. Other hunters responded to the call and were shot, Zeigle said. Some of the victims may have shot back at the suspect, Zeigle said.
The suspect was "sniping" at the victims with a SKS semi-automatic rifle, Zeigle said. He was "chasing after them and killing them," he said.
Among the dead were four males – including a teenage boy – and a woman, Zeigle said. Some of the victims were reportedly shot more than once.
Authorities found two bodies near each other and three others scattered around the area, which is near the town of Meteor. Two people who hid in a cabin emerged safely after the shootings.
The suspect was arrested as he walked out of the woods. He was out of bullets at the time, Zeigle said.
One of the injured hunters was in critical condition at a local hospital. Another was listed in serious condition and the third was in fair condition.
Wisconsin's deer hunting season started Saturday and lasts for nine days."
Snuffbox

Nice. One more reason why guns should be illegal and there need to be stricter rules about who gets guns and hunting licenses. Hey, how bout we just not have hunting?? Sounds good to me.
englandkb

I don't have much to comment on this one, except that perhaps it is not wise to have arguments in a community where everyone is armed.
Loki

did a teenager honestly have to die over that? i mean....so young. and now that life is gone. that pisses me off. guns should be illegal worldwide.
Anti-Flag 4 Life

awesome!! but awefull. they shouldn't be killing deer,but thats what they get.
snoopy

It was a hunter killing other hunters. Go figure.
oscillatewildly

yea I found it pretty ironic but i know its wrong but im not sad about it
xsweetnviciousx

I read that in my paper.
That is so sad- people died over a spot to stand in the woods to kill some confused creature. nice.
Just goes to show you that hunting is a ridiculous "sport" for all involved- human and non-human.
mandah

Thats sad! you guys are happy because somebody died! fur shame!!
Fish and Chips

Thats awesome. Although death is always tragic, at least a few deer will be saved.
destrukt

It's sad when all animals suffer and die, including humans.
Christina

Gotta love hunting huh
supa_star12

Crazy blood thirsty rednecks....
nopointsfordieing

Well about time- havent any of you played Deer avenger? with those fat white men hauling their butts into the forest and you get to take it out on them? me niether, but it sounded good- and probably supported the hunting and gun industries, those... I'd love to see the day all guns were made illegal.
Ilan Birman

While death is ALWAYS tragic, that's some sweet karma.
MollyCatherine

omg that is so fudgeing stupid...they weren't the brightest crayons in the box...
Dae

Looking through the messages on here, I find it hilarious, and a bit disturbing, that you fools call hunters inhumane. Look at yourselves, drooling all over the death of fellow human beings and celebrating while you operate under the pretense of caring about "all" lifeforms. What a joke. You all are the biggest example of the word hypocrit that I have ever come across.
Perhaps tomorrow will be the day when authorities knock on your door to tell you that one of your loved ones has been killed by a madman. It might serve you right. You'll have to 'scuse me now; my deer tenderloin is just about fried to perfection.
Creek Walker

When my dad told me about that, I actually made a joke that some one from peta had probably killed them. :)
krayner

OMG....i'm from Toronto and my mom showed meat your meat to a coworker and then somehow he began to talk about this....the world seems so small right now....
Leeza1

Link to the above PETA members' statements at the following link: http://216.197.111.89/public/folder_view.cfm?pageid=341&option=view_thread&postid=887035&startrow=1&folderid=5140

--THIS FROM THE COMPUTER OF ''CARING'' PETA MEMBERS.  SORRY PETA IS A GROUP OF FASCIST, TOFU-FARTING IDIOTS, AND I SPIT ON EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/29/04 at 2:06 am

Has to be said that the quality of comment on that messageboard didn't say much for the intelligence of your averate PETArian.

Nope.

PETA can stand for any of the follwing:

PETA: Pretty Effiminate Tofu Association

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

PETA: Psycho Education for Treehuggers Association

PETA: Puerile Emotional Thoughtless A-holes

PETA: Pot Evokes Thoughtless Actions

PETA: People Enjoying Tatical Arms

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/29/04 at 2:11 am

Nope.

PETA can stand for any of the follwing:

PETA: Pretty Effiminate Tofu Association

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

PETA: Psycho Education for Treehuggers Association

PETA: Purile Emotional Thoughtless A-holes

PETA: Pot Evokes Thoughtless Actions

PETA: People Enjoying Tatical Arms

And how about a nice photograph for out PETA fans and members (WARNING: Somewhat graphic):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/k9terror/To_PETA_with_love.jpg

That word is spelled P-U-E-R-I-L-E.

Please Excuse The Arrogance

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 11/29/04 at 2:12 am

That word is spelled P-U-E-R-I-L-E.

Please Excuse The Arrogance

LOL!! ;D

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/06/05 at 10:16 pm

I can accept that. They are the type of people that follow the extremes in life. The fact that most PETA people are "Cause Heads" (A great line from the movie PCU) shows just that. The PETA people commonly protest everything under the sun, from G8 meetings and Republican Conventions, to Democratic Conventions and housing developments.

I distrust any political extreme. From the far left to the far right. And while I support the idea espoused in "Ethical Treatment Of Animals", the way they do it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I think there may be a part of it there. According to the report I read in the paper, the owner of the tree stand got on a 2-way radio and called over 6 of his friends. Why on earth would you call 6 other hunters over, just to remove somebody from your tree stand/property?

Sounds to me more like a "northern redneck", who wanted to teach him a lesson. It may/may not have been racial, he may just be an anal orifice who does not like tresspassers. But either way, the owner and his buddies did a lot to excalate tensions and nothing to prevent this from happening.

As I have said before, actions have consequences. When you call a bunch of buddies together (everybody armed) to solve something like this, it is not hard to expect this kind of outcome. If I was suddenly facing a group of people like that, I would start to worry myself. Even if not a single racist word was said by anybody, they unnessicarily rasied the tension in the incident.

Actually, I have no problem with vegitarians. It is the vegans I have a problem with. Vegans, and every other fringe group which tries to make me change my lifestyle to fit what they think it should be. If they really feel so strongly that the world (or the country) should be vegitatian, then they are free to move to India, where it is more normal. But since most of the world thinks otherwise, they are just another minority voice.

And I strongly support reasonable animal rights. There are people in PETA who believe having animals as pets is "cruelty". Try telling that to my cat! I am sure he is horribly abused. I adopted him after some ^#*$&@^$% abandoned him and the rest of his litter at maybe 6 weeks old. At least 3 of his brothers and sisters were found dead in the neighborhood where I got him. The day after I got him, I went and spent half my paycheck on him for toys (I have always spoiled my animals). :)

In my view, there are 3 types of animals. One is wild, the way they are in nature. Those should be taken care of remotely, ensuring they stay healthy. The next is domesticated livestock. I believe they should be taken care of and treated humanely. But ultimately, they are raised to be food. The next is the domesticated animals we keep for pets. This I see as a partnership. They should be taken care of and loved. In fact, I find the common term "Master" offensive when it comes to pets. When needed, I use the term "handler" or "caretaker" myself.

My Torti-Calico cat,Tika,is my friend,best pal,and furdaughter.....and I think to her...I'm a benevolent house staff!...but I know she is a loving,caring friend,when I am not feeling up to par, she spends lots of time by my side.

I wonder what a PETA member would do if they were a farmer in my area(southern New Jersey) and saw deer, desperate for food because of too many deer and not enough food left in their habitat,eating up his profits by foraging his prized organically grown crops?I guess the dumba** would rather go bankrupt(and not feed his family)!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/05 at 10:47 pm

I believe that they are three types of animal as well....

1.  Wild  - That would be tigers, elephants, lions, etc.... They should treated with respect and allowed to go about their own lifes, and not poached.

2. Domesticated livestock - That would be cows, pigs, lambs, chickens, fish, etc.  They should be treated humanly and taken care of, eventually to be made into food, clothing, etc.

3. Pets - PETA believes keeping pets (dogs, cats, fsh, mice, birds, etc..) is cruelty, which to me is mind boggling. I know of people who own pets and treated them very well and love them, I myself have had many pets, and have made sure to take care of them (feed them, play with, walk them, spend time with them, etc...) What about the real pet cruelty such torturing pets for art? Starving them to death? Subjecting them as breeding (the illegal dog fam variety, not the law abiding dog breed), or abandoning them for no reason at all?

I have no problems with Vegatrians, my big beef (no pun intended) are people push others into thinking their way, and try to force them to change their lifestyles, or use exteme tactics to get their message across.

Written By: Absolutely Vile on 01/06/05 at 11:02 pm

2. Domesticated livestock - That would be cows, pigs, lambs, chickens, fish, etc.  They should be treated humanly and taken care of, eventually to be made into food, clothing, etc.

Isn't that a bit contradictory though? I mean, you raise them, feed them well, treat them nicely, and earn their trust... and then go and pile them up in a truck off to the slaughterhouse to kill them. This is humane? Don't think so. This reminds me of something I saw on TV about kosher beef where it was said that the cows were "humanely slaughtered by slitting their throats." I'm sorry, but the term "humanely slaughtered" is an oxymoron.

Absolutely Vile

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/06/05 at 11:27 pm

Oh fer chrissake, it's a gotdamn messageboard -- it's hardly a frickin press release.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 1:53 am

What is this old dog doing back up?
::)

Written By: AL-B on 01/07/05 at 1:58 am

What is this old dog doing back up?
::)
^bump

(MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 2:13 am

^bump

(MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

;D ;D ;D

Hey, you got an old dog too!
;) :D

Written By: AL-B on 01/07/05 at 2:18 am

Hey, you got an old dog too!
;) :D
<-----Actually he's not that old--he's only 3. Unfortunately, I'm down in K.C. and he's up in Lincoln and I miss the little fart.  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 10:53 am

<-----Actually he's not that old--he's only 3. Unfortunately, I'm down in K.C. and he's up in Lincoln and I miss the little fart.  :(

Your ex got the dog, eh?

Written By: AL-B on 01/07/05 at 11:41 am

Your ex got the dog, eh?
No, my younger brother. It's actually his dog.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 01/12/05 at 7:53 pm

I believe that they are three types of animal as well....

1. Wild - That would be tigers, elephants, lions, etc.... They should treated with respect and allowed to go about their own lifes, and not poached.

2. Domesticated livestock - That would be cows, pigs, lambs, chickens, fish, etc. They should be treated humanly and taken care of, eventually to be made into food, clothing, etc.

3. Pets - PETA believes keeping pets (dogs, cats, fsh, mice, birds, etc..) is cruelty, which to me is mind boggling. I know of people who own pets and treated them very well and love them, I myself have had many pets, and have made sure to take care of them (feed them, play with, walk them, spend time with them, etc...) What about the real pet cruelty such torturing pets for art? Starving them to death? Subjecting them as breeding (the illegal dog fam variety, not the law abiding dog breed), or abandoning them for no reason at all?

I have no problems with Vegatrians, my big beef (no pun intended) are people push others into thinking their way, and try to force them to change their lifestyles, or use exteme tactics to get their message across.
What the h*ll is that about the peabrains at PETA being against dogs and cats kept as companion animals!?! Why were these dogs and cats created....AS COMPANIONS FOR LOVING HUMANS!!!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/01/05 at 10:14 am

I'm not supporting the deaths of the hunters or PETA. But the hunting industry is the equivalency of the tobacco industry IMHO. Poachers are definitely the worst of these. I sympathize with the familes of the hunters. I'm pretty sure these weren't poachers. But also pray for the animals needlessly killed too. :\'(

Nice one Indy Gent - too many people really couldn't give a stuff about the crappy treatment animals receive at the hands of some cruel bastard humans.  >:(

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/01/05 at 10:47 am

...And in reality, this is just a small part of a much larger problem, one that may very well lead to the destruction of civilization as we know it. And that, my friends, is EXTREMISM.

Instead of having sitting down and working out our differences, or being tolerant of different lifestyles or religions or political beliefs, our political discourse now consists of name-calling and yelling and in more extreme cases, BLOWING SH*T UP.

Why do certain people or fringe groups feel that they have this right to act like utter jackasses in order to get their point across?

And how many people whom these fringe elements claim to represent get unfairly tarred with the same brush?

How many vegetarians get annoyed whenever they watch the news and see some jerk from PETA throwing a tantrum like a 12-year old?

How many Muslim-Americans, who came here to escape oppression and brutality, feel ashamed whenever they see the mullahs from Iran leading crowds in chants of "Death to America?"

How many Christians shudder whenever they see the Rev. Falwell or Robertson go off on their latest hate-filled tirade?

And how many gay people, who just want to go about their lives without harassment or discrimination, cringe whenever they see footage of men wearing Viking helmets and leather thongs marching in a "gay pride" parade?

Word, word, and word!

Though it must be said that I do respect any man's right to dress in a Viking helmet and thong in the privacy of his own home if that is his choice...  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/02/05 at 2:23 am

Huh?  What's this thread doing back up?

PETA= punky-ego-tripping-azzholes

Written By: Carrie on 07/06/05 at 1:49 am

3. Pets - PETA believes keeping pets (dogs, cats, fsh, mice, birds, etc..) is cruelty, which to me is mind boggling.
This is idiotic... What do they want us to do, let them run in the street, mass producing, spreading disease?  ::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 07/06/05 at 7:05 am

It's official: this thread won't die.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/05 at 11:46 am

This is idiotic... What do they want us to do, let them run in the street, mass producing, spreading disease?  ::)

Schools of feral goldfish terrorizing the streets, spreading plague, and infringing on our personal freedom!

Written By: Carrie on 07/06/05 at 11:48 am

Schools of feral goldfish terrorizing the streets, spreading plague, and inflicting on our personal freedom!
;D OK, so I was thinking more along the lines of cats and dogs...

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/06/05 at 1:03 pm

This is not true.  They believe that keeping certain kinds of animals like exotics and fish as pets is unhealthy for the animals, and this is true.  Any zoologist will tell you that, even burger and chicken eating ones.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/05 at 1:53 pm

This is not true.  They believe that keeping certain kinds of animals like exotics and fish as pets is unhealthy for the animals, and this is true.  Any zoologist will tell you that, even burger and chicken eating ones.

I dunno, it depends on who is keeping the pet and where.  My friend has a fifteen year old iguana, and this specimen is still going strong.  Fifteen years for an iguana is almost unheard of in the wild.  His iguanas have a huge enclosure with plenty of hot lamps and rocks for basking.  They get the the best diet an iguana can have, and their health is guarded meticulously.

A lot of people who have iguanas don't know how to feed them properly, don't know what parasites to look out for, don't know what are signs of health and signs of illness, and keep them in cramped or otherwise unhealthy environments.  Yeah, that's "bad" for an iguana. 

There are competent owners and incompetent owners of iguanas.  Same goes for most other exotics.  I say most because there are some exotics nobody has any business owning---poisonous snakes, great snakes, wolves, wildcats, bears, and what have you. 

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/07/05 at 8:54 am

I don't know anything about how to take care of an iguana.  I am just saying the post about PETA was false.  I really don't believe in animal rights, but I get annoyed when people make bold lies about groups for their own purpose.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/07/05 at 12:22 pm

What I find interesting is that PETA is against "animal cruelty" and think animals should have the same rights as humans,

Oviosly, PETA doesn't think animals should have ALL the same rights as humans.  We can disagree with their views without making up stuff or exaggerating to make them look stupid.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/08/05 at 7:49 pm

What the PETA nutjobs don't seem to get is that LEGAL hunting keeps creatures like deer at MANAGEABLE population levels...and ENSURES survival of the species by preventing overgrazing...deer overunning neighborhoods AND getting hit by vehicles...RESPONSIBLE hunters help keep the delicate balance between animals and mankind.

PETA needs to support programs for COMPANION animals such as dogs,cats,birds,small creatures...
No-kill shelters, foster care for pets,  free or low-cost vaccination,spay-neuter,and veterinary care clinics, making sure people properly care for their pets(NO TYING DOGS OUTSIDE AND LEAVING THEM THEY ARE COMPANIONS AND THEY CAN BE WALKED!!, cats staying inside NO ROAMING,cats and dogs SPAYED OR NEUTERED unless you are a LICENSED BREEDER of purebreds)...and ADOPTING FROM SHELTERS rather than buying at pet stores!!

BTW I've actually eaten VENISON..and it tastes GREAT when cooked properly.

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/11/05 at 2:56 pm

What the PETA nutjobs don't seem to get is that LEGAL hunting keeps creatures like deer at MANAGEABLE population levels...and ENSURES survival of the species by preventing overgrazing...deer overunning neighborhoods AND getting hit by vehicles...RESPONSIBLE hunters help keep the delicate balance between animals and mankind.

PETA needs to support programs for COMPANION animals such as dogs,cats,birds,small creatures...
No-kill shelters, foster care for pets,  free or low-cost vaccination,spay-neuter,and veterinary care clinics, making sure people properly care for their pets(NO TYING DOGS OUTSIDE AND LEAVING THEM THEY ARE COMPANIONS AND THEY CAN BE WALKED!!, cats staying inside NO ROAMING,cats and dogs SPAYED OR NEUTERED unless you are a LICENSED BREEDER of purebreds)...and ADOPTING FROM SHELTERS rather than buying at pet stores!!

BTW I've actually eaten VENISON..and it tastes GREAT when cooked properly.

Well, it IS conceiveable that the 'nutjobs' simply have alternate ideas for population control.  There are many ways to control the population of human beings, but that doesn't mean I'd deem any of them justifiable. 

A moral code that dictates that its cruel to leave a cat out in the rain, but fine to kill and dine on bambi is valid I guess, but more or less subjective, n'est ce pas?

Exactly what makes one set of principles any more or less 'nutjob' than the other?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/11/05 at 4:50 pm

This is not true. They believe that keeping certain kinds of animals like exotics and fish as pets is unhealthy for the animals, and this is true. Any zoologist will tell you that, even burger and chicken eating ones.
The more extreme PETA groups speak out against keeping ANY kind of creatures as pets...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/11/05 at 4:54 pm

Isn't that a bit contradictory though? I mean, you raise them, feed them well, treat them nicely, and earn their trust... and then go and pile them up in a truck off to the slaughterhouse to kill them. This is humane? Don't think so. This reminds me of something I saw on TV about kosher beef where it was said that the cows were "humanely slaughtered by slitting their throats." I'm sorry, but the term "humanely slaughtered" is an oxymoron.

Absolutely Vile
I can't agree with being a total VEGAN myself...I have problems with being somewhat anemic so I have to have SOME red meat...taking iron pills makes my gastric reflux flare up..It's bad enough I have to take PRESCRIPTION MEDS for reflux..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/11/05 at 5:09 pm

Well, it IS conceiveable that the 'nutjobs' simply have alternate ideas for population control. There are many ways to control the population of human beings, but that doesn't mean I'd deem any of them justifiable.

A moral code that dictates that its cruel to leave a cat out in the rain, but fine to kill and dine on bambi is valid I guess, but more or less subjective, n'est ce pas?

Exactly what makes one set of principles any more or less 'nutjob' than the other?
Excuse me? I live in a state that is OVERRUN with deer and black bears.....and recently these creatures have gone into people's BACKYARDS...a few have tried to attack people...In my state one of those people ended up in the ER with some pretty nasty bites and gashes..and almost bled to death.

Is that OKAY with you?...not with me!

and YES IT IS CRUEL to keep dogs chained up in the backyard just so they won't soil your beautiful carpet...get off that duff and WALK them!! And leaving cats outside in many areas leaves them susceptible to getting hit by cars(yes there are people who do that'oh it's JUST a d*mn cat!'..not to mention sadistic cat-haters who think NOTHING of shooting someone's pet..and there's a HUGE chance that cats can catch FIV(feline AIDS)as well as feline leukemia...and not to mention bringing fleas and Lyme Disease carrying TICKS in one's home..

Yes there IS a difference,if you live in a state that has an OVERABUNDANCE of ADULT deer and bears..in which case they HAVE to be dealt with. And RELOCATION DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THOSE CREATURES HAVE A HOMING INSTINCT AND WILL COME BACK...

Written By: Mistress Leola on 07/11/05 at 9:05 pm

Excuse me? I live in a state that is OVERRUN with deer and black bears.....and recently these creatures have gone into people's BACKYARDS...a few have tried to attack people...In my state one of those people ended up in the ER with some pretty nasty bites and gashes..and almost bled to death.

Um... read my post.  Nothing in there to provoke a foaming-at-the-mouth retort sprinkled with ALL CAPS OUTRAGE!  Really. Trust me.  No, g'waann... really read it this time.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/13/05 at 7:07 pm

Um... read my post. Nothing in there to provoke a foaming-at-the-mouth retort sprinkled with ALL CAPS OUTRAGE! Really. Trust me. No, g'waann... really read it this time.
Sorry. I meant no harm.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/05 at 9:17 pm

I am well aware of that.

Written By: Brian Damaged on 07/14/05 at 11:50 pm

Oh, it sounded like you were saying something else.

Check for new replies or respond here...