» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: A Huge "Thanks" To The Whiny Liberals!

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 11/30/04 at 3:29 pm

In this time of traditional thanksgiving for the families, friendships, freedoms and bounties we enjoy, it's only appropriate that we Republicans - in the spirit of appreciation, graciousness, charity and comity - give thanks to those whose contributions were instrumental in securing control of both houses of Congress, a majority of governorships, a plurality of state legislatures, a clear majority of the popular vote (for the first time in 16 years) and, of course, the re-election of President George W. Bush.

Thank you, Terry McAullife. You will no doubt be remembered as the worst-ever chairman of the Democratic National Committee. No one could be that bad accidentally. It makes one wonder whether you intentionally tanked Kerry to set up Hillary's run in 2008.

Thank you, Howard Dean. Your early primary successes and army of radical Deaniacs pulled Kerry to the left, leading him to vote against funding our troops in Iraq (after he voted for it). It got him the Democrat nomination but cost him the election.

Thank you, Michael Moore. Your hysterical, childish antics attacking the president at the Academy Awards; your dishonest, paranoid, delusional, conspiracy-obsessed movie, Fahrenheit 9/11; your smug intrusion, mugging for the cameras at the Republican National Convention; your phony antidraft rallies on college campuses; and your general demeanor resonated only with already-committed lefties. As a caricature of yourself, you did more damage to your cause by rallying the opposition.

Thank you, Hollywood Left: Babs Streisand, Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, etc.

Lacking Michael Moore's "intellect," you did what you could in the name of mindless superficiality, serving as a great barometer for unglamorous Americans who figured if you're for something, they ought to be against it.

Thank you, boorish, left-wing demonstrators at the Republican convention in New York. You showed America on TV just what kind of people hate President Bush.

Thank you, Dan Rather, 60 Minutes and CBS.

Your overt campaign against President Bush, giving air time, week after week, to every partisan critic you could find was so transparent it revealed, even to gullible Americans, your egregious lack of fairness, balance and objectivity. "Rathergate" and your bogus "October surprise" story about missing explosives cost you any shred of credibility you still had.

Thank you, Osama bin Laden. Your 11th-hour campaign commercial for John Kerry, warning Americans that you'd punish them if they voted for Bush didn't work out as you intended.

Thank you, Al Franken, Randi Rhodes, Janeane Garofalo and the rest of the Air America cast. Your hatemongering and radical rantings sounded similar enough to the Democratic Party line to convince mainstream Americans that John Kerry and his coalition really were as liberal as Republicans claimed.

Thank you, George Soros. After championing campaign-finance reform and the McCain-Feingold bill, you showed what a hypocrite you are by turning right around and subverting the spirit of that law by throwing tens of millions of dollars into 527 organizations to buy the election for Kerry.

Thank you, big labor unions for wasting tens of millions of dollars in campaign spending on a lost cause, while 40 percent of your rank and file voted for Bush.

Thanks to the four-out-of-seven imperious, judicial activists on the Massachusetts Supreme Court who invented a right to same-sex marriage in their state constitution. It propelled the issue to national prominence, giving rise to the federal marriage amendment and ballot initiatives that passed overwhelmingly in 11 states. At the margin, this probably won Ohio for President Bush, giving him the election.

Thank you, John O'Neill and the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, for reminding America of Kerry's anti-war theatrics and exaggerations, his betrayal of his comrades in arms who continued to serve in Vietnam, and for exposing his self-serving embellishment of his military record.

Thank you,red-state voters, for your good sense, values, patriotism and turnout.

Thank you, Republicans and conservative independents trapped in blue states (where you pay an inordinate share of the taxes), for your valiant support as an oppressed minority group.

Thank you, Latinos, for your growing support of GOP candidates, up from 21 percent in 1996 to 42 percent in 2004.

Thank you, American servicemen and servicewomen, for your valor, professional excellence and sacrifice in a just, noble and essential cause.

And thank you "W." As you've conceded, you're no Clarence Darrow when it comes to eloquence in oration and debate, but you're a good man, on the right course, with integrity, sincere beliefs and the courage of your convictions.

Subject: Re: A Huge "Thanks" To The Whiny Liberals!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/30/04 at 5:11 pm

Oh, go get a life!
::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/30/04 at 5:13 pm

Please! It's over. Give the drama a break.  ::)  :(

Tanya

Written By: philbo on 11/30/04 at 7:36 pm

And thank you "W." As you've conceded, you're no Clarence Darrow when it comes to eloquence in oration and debate, but you're a good man, on the right course, with integrity, sincere beliefs and the courage of your convictions.

A good man?  No
On the right course?  Not exactly
With integrity?  Don't make me laugh
Sincere belief?  In the voices that speak to him, presumably
Courage of your convictions... that's the convictions for drug usage and DUI?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/30/04 at 8:07 pm

A good man?  No
On the right course?  Not exactly
With integrity?  Don't make me laugh
Sincere belief?  In the voices that speak to him, presumably
Courage of your convictions... that's the convictions for drug usage and DUI?

Feh, don't pay him no mind.  These guys try to imitate Rush Limbaugh the way kids used to try to be Mickey Mantle on the baseball diamond!

Written By: McDonald on 11/30/04 at 8:30 pm

How terribly original. What is this, the fourth or fifth time someone has posted a "Thank You Lefties" letter? Did you even write this or was it dictated to you by some weird collective right-wing consciousness? It would be a lot easier for people to want to listen to neocons if they weren't all regurgitating the same old nonsense.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/30/04 at 8:52 pm

I do agree with one part: The Massachusetts state Supreme court.  We could not have done it without them.

Written By: Bobby on 11/30/04 at 10:29 pm

You've put a lot of work into that Bodacious Boy.  :)

Have the liberal democrats (and supporters) always hated the republicans (and supporters) so badly or was this because of the recent election?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/30/04 at 10:44 pm

I do agree with one part: The Massachusetts state Supreme court.  We could not have done it without them.

Now the U.S. Supreme Court won't even hear the case!  Talk about an anti-climax.  Gotta wait 'til Georgie gets the remaining libs of the bench.  When he gets the nominees he wants in there, all gays will be able to do at town hall is get burned at the stake!
:o :o :o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/30/04 at 11:46 pm

Now the U.S. Supreme Court won't even hear the case!  Talk about an anti-climax.  Gotta wait 'til Georgie gets the remaining libs of the bench.  When he gets the nominees he wants in there, all gays will be able to do at town hall is get burned at the stake!
:o :o :o

I heard on the Kimmer (local radio show) that the likelyhood of Massachusetts voting on wheather or not to keep the gay marriages going will likely pass.  If the people of your state get a vote, I bet even the weenies up there wouldn't keep this sh** going.  I'm happy to hear that maybe the people will decided, not 4 morons in black robes.

Maybe I should send them a dozen roses as thanks, just like some people at my workplace did!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/04 at 12:12 am

I heard on the Kimmer (local radio show) that the likelyhood of Massachusetts voting on wheather or not to keep the gay marriages going will likely pass.  If the people of your state get a vote, I bet even the weenies up there wouldn't keep this sh** going.  I'm happy to hear that maybe the people will decided, not 4 morons in black robes.

Maybe I should send them a dozen roses as thanks, just like some people at my workplace did!

Grrrrrr.....he says.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/01/04 at 12:23 am

Grrrrrr.....he says.

I still think Massachusetts, when they get to vote during the 2006 midterm elections, will stop and ban these gay marriages.  MaxwellSmart, shouldn't it be that way?  Does public opinon not matter to you at all?  Why should 4 out of 7 people get to dictate the entire state?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/04 at 9:48 am

I still think Massachusetts, when they get to vote during the 2006 midterm elections, will stop and ban these gay marriages.  MaxwellSmart, shouldn't it be that way?  Does public opinon not matter to you at all?  Why should 4 out of 7 people get to dictate the entire state?

If we get the opportunity to ban gay marriage, perhaps we will, and we ought to have the opportunity to vote on the matter.  I'm not saying how I would vote on it, personally.  I was just saying it's amusing to see the conservative-dominated U.S. Supreme Court decline the case after all the hub-bub the right-wing made.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/01/04 at 9:54 am

If we get the opportunity to ban gay marriage, perhaps we will, and we ought to have the opportunity to vote on the matter.  I'm not saying how I would vote on it, personally.  I was just saying it's amusing to see the conservative-dominated U.S. Supreme Court decline the case after all the hub-bub the right-wing made.

The US Supreme court is to busy trying to force people not to take medical marajuana and force them into drug comas.  Screw them, I don't support forcing the states to do this or that.  Let the states decide, what is with federal government people?  Are you trying to take government as far away from the people as possible.  I don't support medical pot, or legalized pot, but dam*it leave medical pot to the dam* states.

And I am glad you support a vote, your state is very likely to get one in 2006, which is how it should be.  Remember even the blue-state treehuggers in Oregon and Michigan voted to constitutionally ban gay marriage on November 02nd.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/04 at 10:21 am

The US Supreme court is to busy trying to force people not to take medical marajuana and force them into drug comas.  Screw them, I don't support forcing the states to do this or that.  Let the states decide, what is with federal government people?  Are you trying to take government as far away from the people as possible.  I don't support medical pot, or legalized pot, but dam*it leave medical pot to the dam* states.

And I am glad you support a vote, your state is very likely to get one in 2006, which is how it should be.  Remember even the blue-state treehuggers in Oregon and Michigan voted to constitutionally ban gay marriage on November 02nd.

Maybe up in the northwest there will be a suit to allow people to marry a tree of their choice!
;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/01/04 at 10:31 am

The US Supreme court is to busy trying to force people not to take medical marajuana and force them into drug comas. 

that barely even counts as a coherent thought

We did have a vote, last month, and no one made it a ballot initiative.  Clearly they can't find enough people to even muster a vote.  Having never lived here, you would never in a million years understand why.  Simply put, if it doesn't hurt us (and it doesn't) we don't spend all our attention attacking and hating it.  That appears to be the central tenet of the religious groups, hate and intolerance against differences.  Funny I don't remember reading anything that said hate those who are different in the bible, but the groups that rally around the bible certainly found those passages.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/04 at 10:37 am

that barely even counts as a coherent thought

We did have a vote, last month, and no one made it a ballot initiative.  Clearly they can't find enough people to even muster a vote.  Having never lived here, you would never in a million years understand why.  Simply put, if it doesn't hurt us (and it doesn't) we don't spend all our attention attacking and hating it.  That appears to be the central tenet of the religious groups, hate and intolerance against differences.  Funny I don't remember reading anything that said hate those who are different in the bible, but the groups that rally around the bible certainly found those passages.

They say they want to talke the bible literally, but when you look at all the funky laws the Lord laid down for the tribe of Leviticus, you quickly see a literal interpretation is impossible in modern times.  So they pick and choose.  They're particularly fond of the passage in Leviticus that says if man lieth down with man it is an abomination, and they shall both be stoned (or whatever), but they don't find it politically expedient to impose the death penalty for breaking the Sabbath!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/01/04 at 10:40 am

Bull.  Fox News and all the talk radio today is talking about how Massachusetts now seems as though they will vote on it in November 2006, and if it gay marriage loses everything you just wrote is thrown out the window.  Remember gay marriage wasn't made legal in your state until May 17th, they most likely didn't have enough time to get everything ready.  

I honestly believes when your state does vote on this issue, your people will act like every other state and throw gay marriage out.  Again, democrats in Oregon and Michigan (which both went for John Kerry) had no problem throwing it out.

Here is what MSNBC had to say:

''Massachusetts lawmakers have taken initial steps toward letting voters decide in 2006 whether to ban same-sex marriages and instead define such partnerships as civil unions. It is not known how the marriages that occur between now and 2006 will be recognized if the ban occurs.''  -MSNBC

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/02/04 at 10:35 pm

Bull.  Fox News and all the talk radio today is talking about how Massachusetts now seems as though they will vote on it in November 2006, and if it gay marriage loses everything you just wrote is thrown out the window.  Remember gay marriage wasn't made legal in your state until May 17th, they most likely didn't have enough time to get everything ready. 

wow, Fox News says it will happen, I guess it will.  I believe everything they say, they're never wrong.  75% of all Fox viewers believe Saddam has WMDs, and we know the outcome there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/03/04 at 1:09 pm

wow, Fox News says it will happen, I guess it will.   I believe everything they say, they're never wrong.  75% of all Fox viewers believe Saddam has WMDs, and we know the outcome there.

But he also quoted MSNBC, and you know they're part of the "liberal media" so he's being "fair and balanced."

Check for new replies or respond here...