» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Most Politically Incorrect Terms

Written By: Indy Gent on 12/03/04 at 9:53 pm

To no one's surprise, the most offensive was "master/slave", but some of the others made me scratch my head. :-\\
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&e=13&u=/nm/20041203/od_nm/life_words_dc

Subject: Re: Most Politically Incorrect Terms

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/04 at 12:48 am

The term "master/slave relationship" is still quite accepted in a certain "alternative lifestyle"!
;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/04 at 1:06 pm

The term "master/slave relationship" is still quite accepted in a certain "alternative lifestyle"!
;)

I was thinking the exact same thing when I first read this article.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/04/04 at 2:10 pm

First-year student is not new. They used the term during my first year in college back in 1994. I was cool with it b/c Freshman sounded too high schoolish.

Tanya

Written By: Jessica on 12/04/04 at 3:05 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can think of more politically incorrect terms than that! ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/04/04 at 4:05 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can think of more politically incorrect terms than that! ::)

Me too, but master/slave?  In a historical context it describes an unfortunate and immoral "peculure institution" defended by our sothern bretheren, who, by the way, were willing to sacrifice independence from England if it ment independance for their slaves.  In the context hinted at by Max and Cat it could be a fun fantasy  ;)

Written By: Bobby on 12/08/04 at 6:09 am

It seems that people are getting paranoid over a changing world.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...