» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ahhhh, the truly caring, considerate, respectful, non-hate-baiting left

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/04/04 at 1:14 am

www.****thesouth.com

**** the South. **** 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We're the ****ing Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we ****ing founded this country, butts. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullsheesh about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the ****ing sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were ****ing blue-staters, ********. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the ****ing monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, No. Get the **** out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and ****ing Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those ****ing stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for ****ing blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their ****ing Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this sheesh, so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" ********s. **** off.

Arrogant? You wanna talk about us Northeasterners being ****ing arrogant? What's more American than arrogance? Hmmm? Maybe horsies? I don't think so. Arrogance is the ****ing cornerstone of what it means to be American. And I wouldn't be so ****ing arrogant if I wasn't paying for your ****ing bridges, bitch.

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your ****ing Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a ****ing swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it s a sheeshhole," we said, but you had to have your ****ing orange juice.

The next dickwad who says, "It s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal ****ing dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That s right, mother****er, they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It s too easy, asshole, they re blue states. It s not your money, butts, it s ****ing our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own ****ing stop signs, butts.

Let s talk about those values for a ****ing minute. You and your Southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you ****ing Real Americans every day of the goddamn week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It s ****ing Massachusetts, the ****ing center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the ****ing nation. Think that s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are ****ing blue states, asshole, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to ****ing guess? 10 of the top 10 are ****ing red-ass we're-so-****ing-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its ****ing part.

But two guys making out is going to ****ing ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we ****ing get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're ****ing towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us ****ing Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous butts? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the ****ing Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, butts.

Well this gravy train is ****ing over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullsheesh and shove it up your ass.

And no, you can't have your ****ing convention in New York next time. **** off.

If you go to the website, there are links off to what he's ranting about.

NOTE: The link above is not the website's real name, just replace the 4 * with what you think the word is.

Subject: Re: Ahhhh, the truly caring, considerate, respectful, non-hate-baiting left

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/04 at 1:34 am

Yes, that site is real.  My girlfriend was urging me to go see it.  I didn't bother, seen that kind of garbage before...FROM THE OTHER SIDE, BY THE LIKES OF PEGGY NOONAN AND ANN COULTER!!!

What goes around comes around, folks.
::)

ANN COULTER = C*NT LOANER
PEGGY NOONAN = GAY NEON PONG

Subject: Re: Ahhhh, the truly caring, considerate, respectful, non-hate-baiting left

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/04/04 at 6:30 am

Yes, that site is real.  My girlfriend was urging me to go see it.  I didn't bother, seen that kind of garbage before...FROM THE OTHER SIDE, BY THE LIKES OF PEGGY NOONAN AND ANN COULTER!!!

What goes around comes around, folks.

ANN COULTER = C*NT LOANER
PEGGY NOONAN = GAY NEON PONG

The people on the left are so ''tolerant.''  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/04 at 11:59 am

The people on the left are so ''tolerant.''  ::)

Some of us, but not all of us.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/04/04 at 1:17 pm

It is funny, GW. I have heard you say things very similar about the "liberal" blue states.

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/04/04 at 2:08 pm

You generalize too much. I've never been on the site and you're basically saying that I helped create the site.

Tanya

Written By: danootaandme on 12/04/04 at 3:19 pm

Do you ever get tired of your own whining?????  You run into this website and use it as a
way to whine about your perception of liberals.  It would be the same if I pointed to an
Aryan Nation website and whined that it was how conservatives think? Tell me, what is
it like walking around with a bloody lip all the time from all that knee-jerking. ???

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/04/04 at 3:57 pm

Fact is, take out the stupid foul language and tone down the anger, and the person is right to a large extent.  The material on family values is especially revealing, I think.  Those that preach the loudest are usually the biggest sinners.

Written By: Harmonica on 12/04/04 at 5:12 pm

GWBush - People either don't care, or they're against you.  Keep "whineing" as others like to put it, things aren't right and people think the answer is to ignore them or worse yet act like everything is  ;D when it's not even close...I respect your non apathetic attitude...we need change...and so far "whineing" is all we can do about it.... NEVER GIVE UP My friend!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/04/04 at 7:26 pm

GWBush - People either don't care, or they're against you.  Keep "whineing" as others like to put it, things aren't right and people think the answer is to ignore them or worse yet act like everything is  ;D when it's not even close...I respect your non apathetic attitude...we need change...and so far "whineing" is all we can do about it.... NEVER GIVE UP My friend!

^ translated, no one listens to me, no one likes me everyone thinks I'm wrong, no one is paying attention to me wahhhh!!!. The problem here is that GW loves to take an isolated opinion and use it to color all people of opinions opposite his, as adherence of the same view. It is petty and small minded. 

Written By: Harmonica on 12/04/04 at 9:59 pm

^ translated, no one listens to me, no one likes me everyone thinks I'm wrong, no one is paying attention to me wahhhh!!!. The problem here is that GW loves to take an isolated opinion and use it to color all people of opinions opposite his, as adherence of the same view. It is petty and small minded. 

Their is Black...Their is White....quit treating everything likes it's gray.....that's what I was saying.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/04 at 10:06 pm

The most effective way to be an oppressor is to play the role of the victim.  I have seen this work beautifully for the PC thought police on the college campuses and the liberal communities surrounding me.  I also see it work wonders for evangelicals, conservatives, white males, Republicans, rich people, and all combinations of these.
The Republicans control the all three branches of the federal government, hold a majority in both houses of congress, and the majority of governships.
Christian Fundamentalists are attacking the media from all sides, and blackmailing anyone who disagrees with them.  The are in bed with corporate America and infest politics at all levels.
To keep up the ruse, they can never let on that they have the upper hand.  They need creeps like David Limbaugh to write screeds declaring Christians in America are being attacked and oppressed.  It is a dishonest, vicious, and craven way to behave but it gets the job done.

LOOK HERE EVANGELICALS, YOU ARE BECOMING BULLIES, CULTURAL TERRORISTS I SAY.  WHY CAN'T YOU BE TRUE CHRISTIANS AND WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SALVATION, GIVE TO THE NEEDY, LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THY SELF, AND GET OUT OF MY FACE!

In true Christianity, the rich give alms to the poor.
In American christo-fascism, the rich extract alms from the poor.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/04/04 at 10:08 pm

Their is Black...Their is White....quit treating everything likes it's gray.....that's what I was saying.

There are different meanings to "there, their, and they're," stop treating them like they're the same word, or people won't know what you are talking about!

Written By: Harmonica on 12/05/04 at 3:05 pm

There are different meanings to "there, their, and they're," stop treating them like they're the same word, or people won't know what you are talking about!

All else fails..attack a man with bad grammar....smart thinking  :D

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 3:13 pm

I Feel for you man.. The Grammer police have brutally assaulted me many a time.. at least you didn;'t get the link to the grammer song..

anyway back on subject..

Written By: McDonald on 12/05/04 at 4:04 pm

All else fails..attack a man with bad grammar....smart thinking  :D

Dude, Max is absolutely right. You should be thankful that your views are simplistic and predictable enough for the rest of us to guess, because the way you write makes it seriously difficult, at times, to extract any cogent meaning whatsoever.

Do you honestly think that that is so difficult to refute? How about a little common sense? OF COURSE there is a gray area in any complex issue. That's what makes it complex! If there were no gray area, it would be simple and trivial and the sad fact for you is, problems like abortion are neither simple nor trivial for anyone other than you, and those whose brains are carbon-copies of yours. If you're looking for a place to discuss this issue with said carbon-copies, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.... Church might be what you're looking for.

And GW... I would first like to say that I acknowledge this guy's (or girl's) sense of humour, I laughed out loud several times whilst reading this article. I'm not afraid to admit that, it was funny. What's almost as funny (in a sad way) is the irony in your posting this article as a means of pointing out the intolerance and judgemental nature of the left (in your mind), but in doing so, making a generalisation of your own by implying that since this guy is so angry and believes this way, that the rest of us must be the same. Carlos was right in saying that if you take out the eexpletives what this guy is saying is true. He's giving you plausible data to suggest that the right is a whining lot of hypocrites, albeit in a very angry fashion. He's also doing something which needed to be done long ago in pointing out the ridiculousness of the Right South/Midwest's claims of being "the real America." I only wish he had done with a more journalistic approach so that people would be more inclined to listen to what he had to say.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/05/04 at 5:10 pm

Thanks Mac.

Written By: Harmonica on 12/05/04 at 5:41 pm

Dude, Max is absolutely right. You should be thankful that your views are simplistic and predictable enough for the rest of us to guess, because the way you write makes it seriously difficult, at times, to extract any cogent meaning whatsoever.

Do you honestly think that that is so difficult to refute? How about a little common sense? OF COURSE there is a gray area in any complex issue. That's what makes it complex! If there were no gray area, it would be simple and trivial and the sad fact for you is, problems like abortion are neither simple nor trivial for anyone other than you, and those whose brains are carbon-copies of yours. If you're looking for a place to discuss this issue with said carbon-copies, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place.... Church might be what you're looking for.

And GW... I would first like to say that I acknowledge this guy's (or girl's) sense of humour, I laughed out loud several times whilst reading this article. I'm not afraid to admit that, it was funny. What's almost as funny (in a sad way) is the irony in your posting this article as a means of pointing out the intolerance and judgemental nature of the left (in your mind), but in doing so, making a generalisation of your own by implying that since this guy is so angry and believes this way, that the rest of us must be the same. Carlos was right in saying that if you take out the eexpletives what this guy is saying is true. He's giving you plausible data to suggest that the right is a whining lot of hypocrites, albeit in a very angry fashion. He's also doing something which needed to be done long ago in pointing out the ridiculousness of the Right South/Midwest's claims of being "the real America." I only wish he had done with a more journalistic approach so that people would be more inclined to listen to what he had to say.

when you get so mad, it's not always easy to type occording to punctuation and structure...sometimes you just type what you feel.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/05/04 at 7:03 pm

when you get so mad, it's not always easy to type occording to punctuation and structure...sometimes you just type what you feel.

If what you read makes you THAT mad, why post here?

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/05/04 at 8:45 pm

Thank god for the spell check

Written By: Harmonica on 12/05/04 at 11:04 pm

Thank god for the spell check

Good Point......

Written By: Harmonica on 12/05/04 at 11:05 pm

You mean to tell me that you never get heated when discussing politics? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/06/04 at 2:38 am

You mean to tell me that you never get heated when discussing politics? 

Oh all the time...especially here, heh heh!  But I mean, I don't get offended  and enraged to the core of my spiritual being or something like that!

Written By: philbo on 12/06/04 at 6:55 am

I Feel for you man.. The Grammer police have brutally assaulted me many a time.. at least you didn;'t get the link to the grammer song..

What, this one? ;)

Made me think... there's something that might be worth its own thread, here.

Written By: karen on 12/06/04 at 7:05 am

What, this one? ;)

Made me think... there's something that might be worth its own thread, here.

No it was "'postrophe"

Written By: Alchoholica on 12/06/04 at 7:06 am

I think we have had it

Written By: Harmonica on 12/06/04 at 11:28 am

Nah man, neither side is dead....just need time to recooperate.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/06/04 at 6:22 pm

There certainly is black and white, but there is also lots of gray, unless you are unwilling to look at the complexity of issues, trace their (possesive) roots, and try to understand the point of view of those who disagree with you.  If your faith, or Rush & co, or whatever informs your views convinces you that you have the absolute truth, than I would humbly submit that your arrogance is blinding you.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/06/04 at 6:59 pm

People who see everything in black or white are usually saying "there is my way, and anything
else is wrong".  People who sees shades of gray are usually more willing to look at it(whatever
it is) from another point of view.  Color me grey.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/06/04 at 8:35 pm

^those that do see in black and white all the time have yet to evolve. The growth is usually stunted by so many factors, environment, parenting, religious background, etc. Yes, there are some issues that are black and white, but if you think that way all the time, there may be a deeper issue at front.

Tanya

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/09/04 at 6:20 pm

^those that do see in black and white all the time have yet to evolve. The growth is usually stunted by so many factors, environment, parenting, religious background, etc. Yes, there are some issues that are black and white, but if you think that way all the time, there may be a deeper issue at front.

Tanya

And the more mature one's intellect, the fewer issues are simply bipolar.

Written By: Harmonica on 12/10/04 at 12:30 pm

There certainly is black and white, but there is also lots of gray, unless you are unwilling to look at the complexity of issues, trace their (possesive) roots, and try to understand the point of view of those who disagree with you.  If your faith, or Rush & co, or whatever informs your views convinces you that you have the absolute truth, than I would humbly submit that your arrogance is blinding you.

It's not arrogance...it's stubborness to submit to the evils of the world just because everyone else is....

Written By: Harmonica on 12/10/04 at 12:46 pm

People who see everything in black or white are usually saying "there is my way, and anything
else is wrong".  People who sees shades of gray are usually more willing to look at it(whatever
it is) from another point of view.  Color me grey.

Hey man I'm open minded...but you can't be open minded to everything...evils being one of them.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/10/04 at 6:39 pm

It's not arrogance...it's stubborness to submit to the evils of the world just because everyone else is....

I completely agree.  I would submit that the fact that hundreds of thousands of children go to sleep at night hungry is an absolute evil.  I could go on to name many others.  What is arrogant is to believe that, either, these problems are not your concern, or that you have a lock on truth, beauty, and the American way, that your views are correct and should not be challanged.  That is arrogance.  Evil should be both denounced and combated, differences of opinion, however, are not evil.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/10/04 at 10:15 pm

I find it interesting, that this topic has changed to a conversation about things being "black, white, and grey".

That is something I have brought up in here many times in the past.  And it seems that everybody seems to think they are grey.  Nobody seems to admit to being black or white.

So how about a show of hands.  What colour am I?  And GW?  And how about some of our other favouite posters in here?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/04 at 12:02 am

I find it interesting, that this topic has changed to a conversation about things being "black, white, and grey".

That is something I have brought up in here many times in the past.  And it seems that everybody seems to think they are grey.  Nobody seems to admit to being black or white.

So how about a show of hands.  What colour am I?  And GW?  And how about some of our other favouite posters in here?

I'm a Red!
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/04 at 8:32 am

SHE'S A RAINBOW  :)

(Jagger/Richards)

She comes in colors ev'rywhere;
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow
Coming, colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/04 at 8:45 am

SHE'S A RAINBOW   :)

(Jagger/Richards)

She comes in colors ev'rywhere;
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow
Coming, colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors

One of my favorite RS songs!
:)

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/11/04 at 3:45 pm

What "color" each of us claim  is beside the point, which is that some see the world as absolute and therefore simple while others see it as complex and naunced.  Some take only one position and ignore evidance they don't like, while others try, at least, to take account of uncomfortable facts.  Whom I think fits which category is also beside the point.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/11/04 at 6:56 pm

When I am nieve, I am green.
When I am sad, I am blue.
When I am embarrassed, I am pink or red.
When I am envious, I am green (again).
When I am angry, I am red (again).
When I am a coward, I am yellow.
When I don't color my hair, I am gray.  :-\\

Orange you glad I am so colorful?  ;) :D

Cat

Written By: ElDuderino on 12/12/04 at 2:57 pm

Like it has been stated earlier in this thread, take out all of the cursing, and it is actually a very true and informative article.

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/13/04 at 4:20 pm

Like it has been stated earlier in this thread, take out all of the cursing, and it is actually a very true and informative article.

Thanks Dude!

Check for new replies or respond here...