» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 6th religious experiance

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/12/04 at 11:29 pm

I witnessed the miracle  of the birth of my 4 kids, and now have experienced the joy of my 2nd grand daughter.  Does this mean that the Godess is smiling on me?  Three daughters and 2 grand daughters.  Is the Godess telling me something?

Subject: Re: 6th religious experiance

Written By: ElDuderino on 12/12/04 at 11:32 pm

I don't understand. Are you saying because 5 of 6 were girls, that its a message from the Goddess. Hmm. Well I don't personally think so because im not a theist, i see the whole God/Goddess thing like the yin yang in Taoism, just representing opposing aspects in nature and the universe.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/13/04 at 12:17 am

I witnessed the miracle  of the birth of my 4 kids, and now have experienced the joy of my 2nd grand daughter.  Does this mean that the Godess is smiling on me?  Three daughters and 2 grand daughters.  Is the Godess telling me something?

Good question......  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/04 at 2:37 am

Congratulations to you, Grampa DC!
:)

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/13/04 at 3:58 pm

Congratulations to you, Grampa DC!
:)

Thanks Max, I hear she's beautiful.  We will see her in a couple of weeks - its a long drive to CA.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/13/04 at 4:59 pm

Congrads, DC!  :)

Written By: McDonald on 12/14/04 at 1:21 am

I don't think the Goddess is telling you anything that you don't already know. Congratulations! You have many strong women in your life, and you are obviously a strong man. I'm guessing you have a son, and he will probably be a strong man as well. Life and all its trappings are indeed something to stand in awe of. You can analyse it over and over again and you will never get beyond the conclusion that it is real, and it is bigger than you.

Written By: philbo on 12/14/04 at 6:30 am

Congrats, DC :)

"Grandchildren"???  Damn, my eldest is eleven... hopefully it'll be quite a while before I get there ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/14/04 at 4:02 pm

I don't think the Goddess is telling you anything that you don't already know. Congratulations! You have many strong women in your life, and you are obviously a strong man. I'm guessing you have a son, and he will probably be a strong man as well. Life and all its trappings are indeed something to stand in awe of. You can analyse it over and over again and you will never get beyond the conclusion that it is real, and it is bigger than you.

I do have a son, and he is a good, strong young man, of whom I am very proud, as I am of the women in my life.  Life is awsome!

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/14/04 at 4:12 pm

Too bad it's not summer...I hear y'all go a different route to avoid Illinois lovely winter weather ;)

Yes, too bad.  Chicago is an easy 2 day drive, but not in the winter.  We will head for IS 40, or further south if we must.

Check for new replies or respond here...