» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Fox News Channel signs Zell Miller.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/19/04 at 12:41 am

Fox News Channel signs Zell Miller

ATLANTA -- Coming soon to a TV near you: Zell Miller, the sequel.

The Fox News Channel has confirmed that Georgia's 72-year-old U.S. senator has signed on as a "contributor" once he leaves office next month.

A Democrat who campaigned for President Bush in the November election, Miller has been a frequent guest on Fox programs, including the "Hannity & Colmes" show.

Kevin Magee, vice president of Fox News programming, said executives were impressed by Miller's appearances on those shows and predicted he will be a "frequent" contributor in his new role, which begins Jan. 6.

"Zell is a terrific person," Magee said. "He's colorful. He's an interesting guy. He's good on TV. He's strong in his opinions. He's not wishy-washy about telling you how he feels."

Fox spokesman Paul Schur said Miller will be used "across all Fox News programming."

"He could show up on 'Special Report With Brit Hume' or 'Your World With Neil Cavuto' or 'Fox News Sunday,' " Schur said.

The network declined to comment about Miller's compensation.

The Fox gig is the second major career move for Miller in as many weeks. Last week, he announced he will join the Atlanta-based law firm of McKenna, Long & Aldridge as a senior policy adviser.

Miller also is working on a book, which he said is due at his publisher's office March 1.

His last tome, "A National Party No More," assailed the Democratic Party for tilting too far to the left.

Subject: Re: Fox News Channel signs Zell Miller.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/04 at 2:04 am

Partisan right-wing sc*mbags, they better not dare accuse anybody else of media bias again!
:D

Birds of a feather!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/19/04 at 8:48 am

Too bad Lester(Maddox)isn't around, the could have the Zell
and Lester Show and give away ax handles as gifts to callers.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/04 at 1:49 pm

They'd have Fox News Contributor "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman!

Written By: McDonald on 12/19/04 at 2:52 pm

This will be used feignfully as an attempt to seem LESS biased because techniaclly Miller is a Democrat. However, when weak Democrats or Moderates see a "Democratic Senator" spouting off right-wing fodder, they will mistake this for journalistic balance. Fox will be able to say they have another Democratic contributor, when he really is nothing more than a Republican in disguise.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/19/04 at 2:54 pm

Figures that Fox News would sign him!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/04 at 8:30 pm

This will be used feignfully as an attempt to seem LESS biased because techniaclly Miller is a Democrat. However, when weak Democrats or Moderates see a "Democratic Senator" spouting off right-wing fodder, they will mistake this for journalistic balance. Fox will be able to say they have another Democratic contributor, when he really is nothing more than a Republican in disguise.

Anybody tot he left of Zell is marginalized by FOX News.  One of he most marginalized (and self-marginalizing) people on FOX is Alan Colmes. 
Part of their propaganda is to say the Democratic Party has abandonded the American people...the true "American" people being typified as Southern rednecks--and Zell is the last of the Mohicans.  What a joke!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/20/04 at 3:53 am

Anybody tot he left of Zell is marginalized by FOX News.  One of he most marginalized (and self-marginalizing) people on FOX is Alan Colmes. 

You're smoking something.  I wish America had a conservative news network.  Liberals have CNN.  Fox News?  Fox News is about as conservative as my dog.

Fox News contributors include (these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head):

Alan Colmes
Greta van Sustern
Geraldine Ferraro
Susan Estrich
Bob Beckel
Neal Gabler
Juan Williams

Yep.  That's one conservative group of people.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/20/04 at 6:11 pm

You're smoking something. 

I'll take the Fifth on that at this time.  Feliz Navidad!
;)

I wish America had a conservative news network.  Liberals have CNN.  Fox News?  Fox News is about as conservative as my dog.

Fox News contributors include (these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head):

Alan Colmes
Greta van Sustern
Geraldine Ferraro
Susan Estrich
Bob Beckel
Neal Gabler
Juan Williams

Yep.  That's one conservative group of people.  ::)

Colmes, Ferraro, Beckel, and Estrich are all flack catchers.  True liberals who can knock the right-wing blowhards on their rhetorical butts are demonized and blackballed at FNC.  Bill O'Reilly doesn't even have the cajones to say Al Franken's name, and he compares Noam Chomsky to Fidel Castro.  You notice they don't invite "liberals" such as Eric Alterman, Barbara Ehrenreich, Joe Conason, Greg Palast, Molly Ivins, or David Brock to be FOX News contributors.  Those folks don't play the liberal Steppen Fetchit role.  They don't giggle meekly and say self effacing things while Hannity, O'Reilly, Cavuto and the rest of the idiots sling their fascist vitriol.  Anyone of the above mentioned would mop the floor with the FOX hosts, given a fair debate in which the FOX guy couldn't just shout them down!

Juan Williams and Mara Liasson are NOT liberals.  They are part of the right-wing fifth column in public broadcasting, and I have nothing but scorn for both of them.  Greta Van Susteren may not be a rabid right-winger, but her program rarely handles hardcore political debate.  She has just wrapped up the "I Love Laci" show, and is soon to move on to the next media gossip sensation.

The only liberal of substance who holds his own is Neal Gabler.  He is on the only FNC program on which the liberal doesn't get shouted down with abuse, "Fox News Watch."  I don't know the political affiliation of Eric Burns, but he deserves credit for running a relatively fair-minded program.

Hiring Zell is stooping low, even for FOX.  I'm surprised FOX hasn't yet recruited Judge Roy Moore.  If Moore doesn't get elected governor of Alabama, he'll probably come aboard.
::)

CNN is not "liberal."  They are pro-Wall Street, pro-military-industrial complex, and they quake in their boots every time a knuckle-dragging clod like Brent Bozzel accuses them of bias.  You have to take a big stand against the powers that be to TRULY by liberal these days, and CNN doesn't have the stones for it!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/20/04 at 7:47 pm

The only liberal of substance who holds his own is Neal Gabler.  He is on the only FNC program on which the liberal doesn't get shouted down with abuse, "Fox News Watch."  I don't know the political affiliation of Eric Burns, but he deserves credit for running a relatively fair-minded program.

Hiring Zell is stooping low, even for FOX.  I'm surprised FOX hasn't yet recruited Judge Roy Moore.  If Moore doesn't get elected governor of Alabama, he'll probably come aboard.

I still say Zell is a good idea, especially as a regular on Special Report (should that happen.)  Don't get me wrong, I like Fred Barnes (my favorite writer, no-doubt,) William Kristol, Mort Kondracke, Juan Williams, and Charles Krauthammer.  But a new face to the mix once in a while would be nice.

I've never been able to figure out Eric Burns, or Jane Hall for that matter.  Neal Gabler and Cal Thomas are plain as day.  Jim Pinkerton creeps me out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/20/04 at 8:39 pm

Jim Pinkerton creeps me out.

Ever seen the guy standing up?  He's 6' 9,"  even taller than Cal Thomas, who's 6' 7."

Check for new replies or respond here...