» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Chevy Chase Offends Everyone Left And Right

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 12/20/04 at 12:19 am

What a jerk!

http://www.hogonice.com/archives/003132.html

Subject: Re: Chevy Chase Offends Everyone Left And Right

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/20/04 at 3:20 am

Chevy was right, and Chevy was charitable about it!
8)

And thanks, BoBo, for getting me to click on that right-wing wingnut site.  Best laughs I've had all night, and I've been watching the Cartoon Network!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/20/04 at 4:55 pm

Quite funny. Well, he was correct!

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 12/20/04 at 8:00 pm

OMG, people get over it.  So a star doesn't like who you like.  Big freaking deal...how does that affect the way you think?  I am a W supporter (no surprise) and what stars say don't change my opinion one iota.  I think some people need to get a life.

(in case you couldn't tell this was directed at the writer of the article.)

Written By: AL-B on 12/20/04 at 8:01 pm

I couldn't agree more with the writer of this article. Chevy Chase hasn't been relevant or funny in years (ever since the last of the Vacation movies).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/04 at 12:54 am

OMG, people get over it.  So a star doesn't like who you like. 

That's what it comes down to.  Wouldn't be a big deal if the Bush Administration wasn't sooooo hideously insecure about THEIR OWN SENSE OF LEGITIMACY!
::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 12/21/04 at 3:09 pm

^you hit it square on the nail!

Let it go! Karma will reveal the truth!

Tanya

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/21/04 at 4:38 pm

For Chevy Chase's offensive display, and his acting in the past few years...he deserves to win....

A MAJOR AWARD!

http://www.baronbob.com/leglampunlit.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/04 at 5:05 pm

For Chevy Chase's offensive display, and his acting in the past few years...he deserves to win....

A MAJOR AWARD!

'the h*ll does that mean?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/21/04 at 5:52 pm

It's leg lamp from A Christmas Story, the dad enters a contest and for his trouble.... gets a leg lamp for winning!!!!  ::)  ;D

Written By: McDonald on 12/21/04 at 6:46 pm

A MAJOR AWARD!

LMAO ;D ;D ;D

But seriously, folks, it doesn't matter how well Chase's carreer is going lately... Lots of brilliant guys have crappy carreers. I like Chevy, "Christmas Vacation" is genius. If he wants to lampoon ;) the president... he can be my guest.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/21/04 at 7:59 pm

Now that's classy.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 12/24/04 at 1:48 pm

Funny, even the liberal that attened the gathering as well as Norman Lear the founder, found his behavior insulting!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/25/04 at 8:34 pm

Funny, even the liberal that attened the gathering as well as Norman Lear the founder, found his behavior insulting!

Norman Lear is smart enough to understand that Dubya really is a f----, but it would be impolitic to silently consent to Chevy's remarks.

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 12/25/04 at 9:23 pm

Norman Lear is smart enough to understand that Dubya really is a f----, but it would be impolitic to silently consent to Chevy's remarks.
No, no, no. STOP spinning what I said. I think Lear showed some CLASS in NOT saying anything about Bush and that Chase was an insecure boob for his hate filled remarks.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/26/04 at 1:45 am

No, no, no. STOP spinning what I said. I think Lear showed some CLASS in NOT saying anything about Bush and that Chase was an insecure boob for his hate filled remarks.

Chase may be an insecure boob, but he's still got it right, Bush is a f---------.  I don't recommend hatred, but if you must hate, Bush is about the best object of hatred out there.  I'm not trying to convince our Bush-boosting members here, just stating the plain truth as I see it.
8)

Written By: BodaciousBoy on 12/26/04 at 1:25 pm

Chase may be an insecure boob, but he's still got it right, Bush is a f---------. I don't recommend hatred, but if you must hate, Bush is about the best object of hatred out there. I'm not trying to convince our Bush-boosting members here, just stating the plain truth as I see it.
8)

Like I already said, nothing MORE, nothing LESS!! Geez, now I must boil it down for you?? Lear and those in attendance were APPALLED by Chases' filthy hate filled "Speech." I'm not a fan of liberals much but at least the audience has the CLASS to realize what an idiot Chase is. I applaud them for recognizing a low brow classless bafoon when they see and hear him!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/27/04 at 12:49 am

Like I already said, nothing MORE, nothing LESS!! Geez, now I must boil it down for you?? Lear and those in attendance were APPALLED by Chases' filthy hate filled "Speech." I'm not a fan of liberals much but at least the audience has the CLASS to realize what an idiot Chase is. I applaud them for recognizing a low brow classless bafoon when they see and hear him!

Grrrr.....

Written By: Mushroom on 12/28/04 at 2:12 am

The thing to me is that his remarks were offensively given, and not appropriate.

Even if somebody said these remarks about Hillary Clinton, Ted Kennedy, or John Kerry, I would have found them rude and offensive.  To me, bad taste is bad taste.  It is that plain and simple.

To me, this is nearly as bad as Rob Riner at the 1st Annual TV Land Awards.  He was supposed to announce somebody for a Lifetime Achievement Award, and he used the stage to go on a 5 minute rant about Bush.  Tacky, Crass, and Inappropriate.  The award had nothing to do with politics, Bush, or anything else.  He simply used his time to go on about something that had nothing to do with Classic TV, or the award.

Considering his active career (yea, right!), I seriously doubt he will get many more offiers to do more shows like this.  And considering over half the country voted for Bush, it is not a real smart career move to alienate over half your potential audience.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/28/04 at 2:56 am

I say the same thing, but nobody's pointing a camera at me.  He's Chevy Chase, and I'm not!  There are millions of us who can't bear to see our country slouching into fascism and socio-economic ruin.  Neither Chevy in his sixty-something years nor I in my thirty-something years ever thought such abominations would disease our country.  Forgive us when politeness falls out of our grasp.

Written By: Mushroom on 12/28/04 at 3:13 am

I say the same thing, but nobody's pointing a camera at me.  He's Chevy Chase, and I'm not!  There are millions of us who can't bear to see our country slouching into fascism and socio-economic ruin.  Neither Chevy in his sixty-something years nor I in my thirty-something years ever thought such abominations would disease our country.  Forgive us when politeness falls out of our grasp.

OK, then why were so many in here so upset when the Vice President said a remark about a congressman last year?

Look, this goes both ways.  If you remember, I said that was inappropriate.  But if you say that Mr. Chase is right, then you have no right to bitch if ANYBODY says ANYTHING about somebody who you favor.

If you think that anything said if it favors your side is right, then I am free to say anything I want to about a Liberal or a Democrat.  And if you don't like it, that is just tough.  So just forgive the $%#* out of me, if it is rude and inappropriate.  Because as you yourself said, "Forgive us when politeness falls out of our grasp."

Check for new replies or respond here...