» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Yushchenko (pro-western candidate) cliams victory in disputed Ukraine election.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/27/04 at 12:35 am

Monday, 27 December , 2004, 09:45

Kiev: Opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko on Monday claimed victory in Ukraine's fiercely contested presidential election, announcing the nation's entry into a new political era.

"There is news: Its over. Now, today, the Ukrainian people have won. I congratulate you," he told a jubilant crowd in Kievs Independence Square, the centre of massive protests following the November 21 presidential run-off that was annulled after fraud allegations.

"We have been independent for 14 years but we were not free," Yushchenko said. "Now we can say this is a thing of the past. Now we are facing an independent and free Ukraine."

Yushchenko spoke after three exit polls and partial results projected him winning an easy victory over rival Viktor Yanukovych.

As Yushchenko declared victory, about 5,000 supporters who had gathered on the square applauded and set off fireworks. They waved bright orange flags -- his campaigns emblematic colour -- and clasped hands and danced.

With ballots from more than 72 per cent of the precincts counted, Yushchenko was leading with 55.85 compared to Yanukovych's 40.34 per cent, election officials said.

Meanwhile, a close aide to Yanukovich implicitly conceded that his side could lose the countrys repeat presidential election though he suggested they might try to fight back.

"From a mathematical point of view, it appears probable that Viktor Yanukovich will arrive in second place," Nestor Shufrich, Yanukovichs representative in the central election commission, told reporters.

Link: http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13637271

Subject: Re: Yushchenko (pro-western candidate) cliams victory in disputed Ukraine election.

Written By: philbo on 12/27/04 at 6:01 pm

I just hope Yanukovych and the Russkis accept the result...

Subject: Re: Yushchenko (pro-western candidate) cliams victory in disputed Ukraine election.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/28/04 at 12:55 am

Let's see:

George W. Bush....won.

John Howard....won.

Viktor Yushchenko....won.

Now, if England will keep Blair, or put in somebody like Michael Howard, we will be golden.

Written By: McDonald on 12/28/04 at 2:56 pm

Let's see:

George W. Bush....won.

John Howard....won.

Viktor Yushchenko....won.

Now, if England will keep Blair, or put in somebody like Michael Howard, we will be golden.

You do realise that Yuschenko is their Liberal, Pro-EU candidate... right?

I applaud the success of the Ukrainian democracy... They took hold of their democracy and forced it to work correctly. I wish we had the balls to truly stand up to our leaders once in a while.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/28/04 at 3:37 pm

I applaud the success of the Ukrainian democracy... They took hold of their democracy and forced it to work correctly. I wish we had the balls to truly stand up to our leaders once in a while.

I think it is ironic the news is going front page with the Ukrainian election debacle when America's own presidential election was entangled in a web of Republican bullying, fraud, and deceit.  Yep, that's the liberal media 4ya, always holding our rich and powerful accountable!
::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/28/04 at 3:54 pm

Yes, I do.  The guy is a pro-Europe, pro-America, guy.  The other was more to the right, but more dead set on kissing Putin's as*.  This guy wants to join NATO as well.

You have to accept it sometimes.  England has liberal Tony Blair, but I still like him, anyone who likes America and supports America, liberal or conservative, is good in my book.  Liberals in other countries don't matter, because they can't get there laws passed in America.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/28/04 at 4:07 pm

I think it is ironic the news is going front page with the Ukrainian election debacle when America's own presidential election was entangled in a web of Republican bullying, fraud, and deceit.  Yep, that's the liberal media 4ya, always holding our rich and powerful accountable!

Now watch as I repeat myself, with the very little to no evidence I have, over and over again.  How dare the media not repeat on my tinfoil-hat ideas.  Bush stole it, every battleground state.  Bush stole Florida, Ohio, Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, Iowa, and New Mexico!  What?  Oh, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan were all fair, no fraud there.   ::)

I believe the exit polls were right.  Yes, those polls on election day that took a larger sample of women, who tend to vote more democratic.  Watch me as I believe idiots with websites (no newspapers, media, or anything else, just websites that any moron can have,) who tell me Kerry really was tied with Bush in Mississippi.  Watch me as I believe Bush was only three points ahead in South Carolina.  Watch me as I believe that Kerry really was going to win Florida by 16 points, Pennsylvania by 20, and Ohio by 9....even though no polls backed that up.  Even though I said those states were going to be close, I really believe Kerry had a double-digit lead there.

Even though Diebold voting machines can be checked for fraud, I will continue to believe they were programmed to give the reverse. 

I am angry, why?  That Bush won Ohio by 119,000 votes.  If only it was closer, like in 2000, that we can do what we did in the Washington governor's race...keep recounting until we get the results we want, then demand the other side concede.  We wanted to do that in Florida in 2000, keep recounting until Gore finally, maybe after the 50th recount we would have won, then we could have demanded Bush give up.  Darn, that pesky Supreme court for stopping us from making sure every voter, dead or alive, was heard.

Written By: McDonald on 12/28/04 at 10:45 pm

Darn, that pesky Supreme court for stopping us from making sure every voter, dead or alive, was heard.

Unless those votes happened to come from Black Floridians.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/29/04 at 12:10 am

I'm not saying whether or not Bush would have won anyway, I'm just saying there was lots of bullying, fraud, and deceit on the part of the GOP because it was in their interest to see that as few people voted as possible.

Subject: Re: Yushchenko (pro-western candidate) cliams victory in disputed Ukraine electi

Written By: danootaandme on 12/29/04 at 7:57 am

In light of our election problems in 2000 and 2004, the Ukrainian election will be viewed with suspicion
by those unfriendly to the US as well as those friendly to the US, and rightfully so.  We have spent our
moral capital on this issue.  It doesn't matter if our country engineered this debacle or not, it will always
be viewed as such and further polarize the govenments and peoples of the world.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/30/04 at 7:50 pm

I just hope Yanukovych and the Russkis accept the result...

Guess not.  He is pulling a democrat.  Claiming fraud with no proof, taking it to the courts, demanding 50 recounts, whining.  Yanukovych is acting like American democrats.

Written By: McDonald on 12/30/04 at 10:46 pm

Guess not.  He is pulling a democrat.  Claiming fraud with no proof, taking it to the courts, demanding 50 recounts, whining.  Yanukovych is acting like American democrats.

And Bush is acting like a Soviet totalitarian. Torture? Open your eyes, dude. No good person authorises the use of torture on ANYONE. Just like no good person would ignore a rising epidemic because he thinks that it's divine punishment for an unwholesome lifestyle... but Reagan did. Sounds like some real Christian values to me... Tool.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/04 at 12:20 am

And the Republican who lost the Washington governship is pulling a ...what? 

McDonald wrote
And Bush is acting like a Soviet totalitarian. Torture? Open your eyes, dude. No good person authorises the use of torture on ANYONE. Just like no good person would ignore a rising epidemic because he thinks that it's divine punishment for an unwholesome lifestyle... but Reagan did. Sounds like some real Christian values to me... Tool.
He is acting like a Soviet totalitarian because he is basing, for the comfort of the elite few, his economic policies on proven failures (in his case, supply-side economics) and selling himself to the people as a populist whilst he and his apparichicks fleece the country of anything they can grab.
And don't you get it by now, McD?  Christianity isn't about leading a moral life yourself, it's about passing judgments on how other people live their lives!  Isn't the evangelical movement great?  So much more fun than all that papist guilt-ridden humility!
Oh, and we can torture people if we want, because we are America, and we're better'n you, so shaddap or we'll kick yer @ss!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/31/04 at 1:10 am

And the Republican who lost the Washington governship is pulling a ...what? 

Yeah right.  The democrats think they are the winners, when they only won 1 out of 3 counts.  What kills me is how they cried, and whined, and kept counting, got the results they wanted, and demand the republicans concede, and claim it's the republicans who are dividing the state.  The democrats managed to pull votes out of King (Ukraine) County.

The republicans are doing what the democrats did.  Demanding votes in republican counties that weren't counted at first be counted.  The same thing the democrats did, they didn't win until they got discarded votes in liberal King (Ukraine) County counted.  Isn't is fair that republicans try to get discarded military votes, and discarded votes from conservative counties counted like the democrats did?

It still kills me.  How can the democrats claim to have won, when they won only one out of three vote tallies?  The only vote tally they won was the hand count, which can be cheated, and have errors, human mistakes.  Didn't we learn in school that machines handle jobs better.  Do you trust you, or a calculator, to handle big numbers better and get more accurate answers?

I say more power to Rossi.  He won by 261 votes.  Then he won again by 42 votes.  Now he behind by 131 votes.  I say get those 5,000 discarded military and conservative county votes counted, just like the democrats did in King (Ukraine) County.  If you're going to allow some discarded votes, you got to allow them all, not cherry pick like the demcrats did in King (Ukraine) County and in Florida in 2000.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/04 at 1:49 am

Yeah right.  The democrats think they are the winners, when they only won 1 out of 3 counts.  What kills me is how they cried, and whined, and kept counting, got the results they wanted, and demand the republicans concede, and claim it's the republicans who are dividing the state.  The democrats managed to pull votes out of King (Ukraine) County.

The republicans are doing what the democrats did.  Demanding votes in republican counties that weren't counted at first be counted.  The same thing the democrats did, they didn't win until they got discarded votes in liberal King (Ukraine) County counted.  Isn't is fair that republicans try to get discarded military votes, and discarded votes from conservative counties counted like the democrats did?

It still kills me.  How can the democrats claim to have won, when they won only one out of three vote tallies?  The only vote tally they won was the hand count, which can be cheated, and have errors, human mistakes.  Didn't we learn in school that machines handle jobs better.  Do you trust you, or a calculator, to handle big numbers better and get more accurate answers?

I say more power to Rossi.  He won by 261 votes.  Then he won again by 42 votes.  Now he behind by 131 votes.  I say get those 5,000 discarded military and conservative county votes counted, just like the democrats did in King (Ukraine) County.  If you're going to allow some discarded votes, you got to allow them all, not cherry pick like the demcrats did in King (Ukraine) County and in Florida in 2000.

Save yer breath.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 12/31/04 at 5:40 am

Save yer breath.

It justs makes me so mad.  I swear to God, I said to myself when I heard Rossi won by 261 votes that the democrats would steal it.  And they did, they kept recounting until they got the results they wanted, then demand the other side concede.  It's exactly what the democrats were going for in Florida back in 2000.

Check for new replies or respond here...