» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Voting facts

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/05 at 12:06 am

http://nightweed.com/usavotefacts.html

Subject: Re: Voting facts

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/01/05 at 1:08 am

1.  80% of all votes in America are counted by only two companies:  Diebold and ES&S.

Umm....how many companies do we need?  Enough to confuse everyone?

3.  The vice-president of Diebold and the president of ES&S are brothers.

So?

4.  The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

Hmm...what did this idiot write on #11?  "Diebold is based in Ohio."  Hmm...he lives in Ohio...and he is a hardcore republican, and Ohio is a battleground state.  Could that be why?  That quote is taken out of context.

7.  Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George W. Bush's vice-presidential candidates.

He wasn't picked.

8.  ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in the U.S. and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes

And all have paper trails.

9.  Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no paper trail of any votes.  In other words, there is no way to verify that the data coming out of the machine is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters

Bullsh**.  It can be counted.  Saying it can't be counted just because you don't get a piece of paper is absurd.  Bush won Ohio's recount, which was just recently finished:

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=60790

12.  Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as consultants and developers to help write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in 30 states.

Again, so.

15.  None of the international election observers were allowed in the polls in Ohio

Key word: international.  That is one group of observers.  Democratic and republican lawyers were allowed to watch.  Same with state election observers.

16.  California banned the use of Diebold machines because the security was so bad.

Yeah, on April 30.  The election was on November 2.  Do you not think bugs can be fixed in that long time period?  Besides California banned it out of caution nothing but CAUTION, not out of real fear of problems.

17.  30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on unverifiable touch screen voting machines with no paper trail.

And 70% are counted with paper trails.

http://www.yuricareport.com/ElectionAftermath04/ThreeResearchStudiesBushIsOut.htm

http://www.rise4news.net/extravotes.html

http://www.ilcaonline.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=950

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0411/S00227.ht

Umm....great sources.  All democratic-leaning blogs.

19.  The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is the President's brother

Gasp!

experts are recommending further investigation.

Yeah...less than 1% of experts.  All left-leaning....hmm...wonder why?

DECEMBER 2004 GALLUP POLLS
1 in 5 Americans believe the elections were fraudulent!

No, not quite...only 18 to 19%.  That is not 1 out of 5.  Second look at the polls:

2000:

48% think Bush won fair and square.

Source: CNN/USAToday/Gallup poll conducted in December 2000.

2004:

77% think Bush won fair and square.

Source: CNN/USAToday/Gallup poll conducted in December 2004.

Enron was a conspiracy theory, too.

Well, finally.  Someone admits there is no proof, all blind faith and speculation, and that it is a conspiracy theory.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/01/05 at 8:50 am

^Good grief, is it naivete or stubbornness,  ??? I suspect a double dose of both.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/01/05 at 10:29 am

^Good grief, is it naivete or stubbornness,  ??? I suspect a double dose of both.

I'll agree with that.

If there's no paper trail, there's no record.  Plain and simple.  These machines are totally 100% insecure and easily corrupted.  Every ATM in the country keeps paper trails of it's records, but the votes of the American people? no need.

I love some of those counter arguments,  "more than two companies providing equipment would just confuse people".  Yeah, good thing there's only two suppliers of DVD players, I'd hate for their to be competiton to bring the price of machines that were over $400 three years ago down. 

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/01/05 at 2:23 pm

I agree

Tanya

Written By: danootaandme on 01/01/05 at 3:07 pm

To believe that it doesn't make a difference that the two companies involved are run by brothers,
both heavily invested in the Bush Administration, is beyond naive.  The answer ( "so") is telling.
I cannot believe that you do not question that kind of a link in the voting process.  To be so trusting
of government may be easy for you, luckily there are many of us out there who are not quite
so wide eyed and eager to roll over, sit, stay, etc.....

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/01/05 at 7:45 pm

To believe that it doesn't make a difference that the two companies involved are run by brothers,
both heavily invested in the Bush Administration, is beyond naive.  The answer ( "so") is telling.
I cannot believe that you do not question that kind of a link in the voting process.  To be so trusting
of government may be easy for you, luckily there are many of us out there who are not quite
so wide eyed and eager to roll over, sit, stay, etc.....

The problem I have is that the 18% who believe this garbage are all hardcore leftists.  Those brothers own the companies, they don't MAKE the machines.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/05 at 10:22 pm

18.  All -- not some -- but all the voting machine errors detected and reported in Florida went in favor of Bush or Republican candidates.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vQQg_3dsKEIJ:www.braintree.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres
SMELL ONE YET?

12.  Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as consultants and developers to help write the central compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in 30 states.

GWB wrote
Again, so.
"So." The man says "so." 
"Hey, your hair is on fire!"
"So?"

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/01/05 at 10:32 pm

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:vQQg_3dsKEIJ:www.braintree.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres
SMELL ONE YET?

GWB wrote"So." The man says "so." 
"Hey, your hair is on fire!"
"So?"

On #18, one again her "sources" come from liberal-leaning blogs.  She said it herself "you won't see this on the media or in newspapers."  Wonder why?  Could be any idiot can have a webpage, but media have to have some standards.

And on #18, IF all the errors did tilt to the right, would it over turn the results?  And I still don't get why these people, who served there time, should not be allowed to work with voting machines.  Hell, looking back at 2000, maybe those felons were democrats.  The states of Florida and Ohio don't think so.  Bush won Florida by 5 f***ing percent, not 537 votes like in 2000.

I know the democrats hate voting machines, because they elimanate multiple voting, which is the democrats favorite form of fraud, but take advice from your favorite PAC and moveon{.org}.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/05 at 10:39 pm

Wonder why?  Could be any idiot can have a webpage

Drudge, Townhall, Newsmax, all those idiots....

but media have to have some standards.

Not really...just ask Rupert Murdoch!

Written By: Powerslave on 01/06/05 at 4:52 am

media have to have some standards.

You're kidding right? If the media had standards, gossip magazines, the papparazzi, junk tabloids and talk radio wouldn't exist. Ergo, no standards.

Check for new replies or respond here...