» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bye Bye bow-tie boy

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/05 at 11:05 am

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&u=/ap/20050105/ap_en_tv/tv_carlson_crossfire_1&printer=1

The whole show is pretty much going away, but they definitely decided to get rid of this ridiculous person. 

I hope the Daily Show mentions it tonight.  John should have fun with this one

Subject: Re: Bye Bye bow-tie boy

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/06/05 at 11:23 am

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&u=/ap/20050105/ap_en_tv/tv_carlson_crossfire_1&printer=1

The whole show is pretty much going away, but they definitely decided to get rid of this ridiculous person. 

I heard on Tony Snow's radio show that CNN is dumping Crossfire, the big show on CNN since, I think, 1982.

Written By: Screwball on 01/06/05 at 11:48 am

Hmm..i often found the show thought provoking.

On a side note: I dissagree with a lot of people, that doesn't mean they are all ridiculous. ;)

Written By: AL-B on 01/06/05 at 12:04 pm

I thought it was funny when Jon Stewart called him a d!ck.
;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/05 at 3:54 pm

Yeah, Tucker Carlson is an insufferable twit like one of those characters David Spade used to play, but it's Robert Novak who was always most sickening.  Novak is a slobbering racist pig who worships Mammon. 
The thing is, I thought Begala and Carville were annoying clowns too.  Crassfire was on the way out anyway, otherwise the network wouldn't have cut it down to a half hour last year.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/05 at 4:17 pm

Yeah, Tucker Carlson is an insufferable twit like one of those characters David Spade used to play, but it's Robert Novak who was always most sickening.  Novak is a slobbering racist pig who worships Mammon. 
The thing is, I thought Begala and Carville were annoying clowns too.  Crassfire was on the way out anyway, otherwise the network wouldn't have cut it down to a half hour last year.

I'm just glad to see them cleaning house on it.  Shows like Crossfire belong on AM radio or maybe Fox. It was as though Geraldo Rivera created the show.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/05 at 5:52 pm

I'm just glad to see them cleaning house on it.  Shows like Crossfire belong on AM radio or maybe Fox. It was as though Geraldo Rivera created the show.

It was sorta the granddaddy of Hannity & Colmes and the other shout shows. 

Written By: AL-B on 01/06/05 at 5:57 pm

I never understood the bow-tie thing. Whether it's Tucker Carlson, or Sen. Paul Simon, or anyone else who wears a bow-tie in Washington, I just don't get it. It's so Orville Reddenbacher. What are they trying to say about themselves? Do they think it makes them look more intelligent or something? Don't they realize how dorky they look? The only people who ever looked cool with a bow-tie are James Bond, or the Rat Pack.  

Written By: Screwball on 01/06/05 at 6:42 pm

I never understood the bow-tie thing. Whether it's Tucker Carlson, or Sen. Paul Simon, or anyone else who wears a bow-tie in Washington, I just don't get it. It's so Orville Reddenbacher. What are they trying to say about themselves? Do they think it makes them look more intelligent or something? Don't they realize how dorky they look? The only people who ever looked cool with a bow-tie are James Bond, or the Rat Pack.  

I find that puppy dogs often look good in bow ties.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/05 at 8:57 pm

See ya, Tucker. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 2:18 am

I find that puppy dogs often look good in bow ties.  :)

The only people who can get away with wearing bow ties seem to be nutty professors.  I forgot what wardrobe manual I read this in, but it advises: Never wear a bow tie!  Nobody trusts a man in a bow tie."  Something like that.  I guess the bow tie's OK for the ladies.  Man, I don't even know if that's true.  Maybe most people find guys in bow ties among the most trustworthy of human specimens, maybe that wardrobe fruitcake was full of it.  I dunno.

My most vulgar liberal friend always referred to Carlson as Tucker F#@ker, and I kinda ended up thinking of him as such too.
:D ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/07/05 at 6:33 am

See ya, Tucker. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

It's time to turn off CNN now because Fox News is now in Canada.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 10:52 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5849.0;id=2971
Ha ha ha!  That's a good one!
;D ;D ;D

Sorry, Canada....

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/07/05 at 12:36 pm

Sorry, Canada....

Don't do that.  People in Canada don't have to watch Fox News channel.  Though the moderates and conservatives can finally dump the Globe and Mail.

Written By: AL-B on 01/07/05 at 1:24 pm

The only people who can get away with wearing bow ties seem to be nutty professors.  I forgot what wardrobe manual I read this in, but it advises: Never wear a bow tie!  Nobody trusts a man in a bow tie."  Something like that.  I guess the bow tie's OK for the ladies.  Man, I don't even know if that's true.  Maybe most people find guys in bow ties among the most trustworthy of human specimens, maybe that wardrobe fruitcake was full of it.  I dunno.

My most vulgar liberal friend always referred to Carlson as Tucker F#@ker, and I kinda ended up thinking of him as such too.
:D ;D
I think wearing a bow-tie is the same thing as wearing a big sign that says "Please Give Me A Titty-Twister!!!"

Written By: McDonald on 01/07/05 at 2:18 pm

Don't do that.  People in Canada don't have to watch Fox News channel.  Though the moderates and conservatives can finally dump the Globe and Mail.

Ah yes, the Globe and Mail... the ONLY newspaper in Canada. The ONLY available news source for all Canadians. Whew, glad Faux cleared that monopoly up. Yes, I'm sure that the everyday Canadian will totally "dump" all news relevant to Canada like that which would be in say a Globe and Mail or a CBC news hour, in favour of American news. That seems totally plausible. Why would they want to hear about what's going on in their country when they can hear about what's going on down South instead?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/05 at 3:02 pm

Enough of them will watch it "unawares," as they say, and get caught up that semi-psychotic rich white businessman's paranoid cocaine fantasy known as FOX News.
:P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/07/05 at 5:51 pm

^Good one, Maxwell!

Bye, Tucker! Don't let the good Lord hit ya where he split ya!

Tanya

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/11/05 at 2:37 pm

Everyone knows that those wide ascot tuxedo ties are more handsome!

Check for new replies or respond here...