» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Get some devastation in the back

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/05 at 4:46 pm

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/182750

Real classy guy Senate Majority Leader Frist.  That’s conservative compassion there.

Subject: Re: Get some devastation in the back

Written By: danootaandme on 01/07/05 at 5:36 pm

This points out why  have a problem with the Red Cross.(well, no one is surprised by Frist & Co.)

A group of homeless men at the camp expressed frustration with government-led relief efforts, complaining that the local Red Cross had only set up their clinic, complete with flags and banners, a few hours before the U.S. senators visited. Red Cross officials said their mobile clinics were treating patients at hundreds of camps.

The Red Cross is at once indispensable, and infuriating.  My father wouldn't give to the Red Cross
because in WWII fighting men coming out of combat would see a Red Cross coffee and donut truck.
Officers received coffee and donuts free, enlisted men had to pay!  He said they were elitist with there
attitudes, and I have since heard the same from other vets.  There was a problem here in Massachusetts
recently with the way they ran their blood donation centers more as a business, and in doing so knowingly drove other donation centers out of business.  After that they raised the price of blood to the hospitals.  There are other practices they engaged in, and I did know someone who worked for the Red Cross in Boston and left after 6 months because he didn't want to be associated.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/07/05 at 5:49 pm

Give to UNICEF (like me)

Tanya

Written By: danootaandme on 01/07/05 at 5:53 pm

Doctors without Borders

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/07/05 at 5:55 pm

Give to UNICEF (like me)

Tanya

I find it impossible to donate anything through the United Nations.  If I'm giving, it is to an American charity, that let's the people know that the money came from an American.  Their people wear the American flag.

www.americares.com

Written By: Dagwood on 01/07/05 at 7:37 pm

I have heard lots of negative things about the Red Cross.  It's like they think they are the only aid organization in the world and we have to deal with them.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/07/05 at 8:21 pm

I find it impossible to donate anything through the United Nations.  If I'm giving, it is to an American charity, that let's the people know that the money came from an American.  Their people wear the American flag.

www.americares.com

Let's hope that you don't have to learn humility through some devastating event that only non-Americans could help you with. We are all God's children and I don't donate based on nationality or other superficial means. In the end, your nationality won't matter.

Tanya

Written By: Dagwood on 01/07/05 at 11:06 pm

Let's hope that you don't have to learn humility through some devastating event that only non-Americans could help you with. We are all God's children and I don't donate based on nationality or other superficial means. In the end, your nationality won't matter.

Tanya

I agree 100%, Tanya.  We are all people, regardless of nationality.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/08/05 at 7:58 am

I have heard lots of negative things about the Red Cross.

Surely you are talking about the international red cross.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/08/05 at 8:00 am

Surely you are talking about the international red cross.

I am talking about the American Red Cross.  This is only one example of how it runs its business.

www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2001/02/19/prsd0219.htm

Check for new replies or respond here...