» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Newt Gingrich may run for the republican nomination for President in 2008.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/11/05 at 10:18 am

Gingrich mulls 2008 US presidential run

WASHINGTON: Trailblasing ideologue Newt Gingrich, who engineered the 1994 Republican takeover of the US House of Representatives, said on Sunday he may run for president in 2008, promising to fight what he calls “an Islamist insurgency against the modern world.”

He also spoke about a need to centre US society around religious values formulated by “our Creator.” Aspirations of the former House speaker have been an enigma in the US capital since his 1998 resignation from Congress following his party’s losses in mid-tern elections.

But when asked on the “Fox News Sunday” television show if a presidential run was in his plans, Gingrich answered: “I’m not ruling that out.” The darling of US conservatives did not elaborate, but he already has something resembling an electoral platform: his book “Winning the Future,” which goes on sale Monday.

The mid-sized tome promotes what is being described as Gingrich’s vision of America’s greatness in the 21st century, including his plan for winning the war on terror, re-establishing God in American public life, reforming the underfunded Social Security pension system, restoring patriotism, and making US health care more accessible.

In a portion of the book made available to AFP, Gingrich argues the United States faces two immediate opponents: “the irreconcilable wing of Islam” and dictatorships that, in his words, empower radical Islamists.

But in contrast with President George W Bush, who insists that Muslim radicals are driven by their hatred of Western values, Gingrich believe the world is witnessing a global civil war between the modernizing and irreconcilable wings of Islam. “This war is not primarily about terrorism,” he writes, “It is about an Islamist insurgency against the modern world.”

Link to above article: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_11-1-2005_pg4_7

Related links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/10/politics/10Gingrich.html
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11904484%255E401,00.html

Subject: Re: Newt Gingrich may run for the republican nomination for President in 2008.

Written By: philbo on 01/11/05 at 12:17 pm

...but his chances of winning would be minewt? ;)

Subject: Re: Newt Gingrich may run for the republican nomination for President in 2008.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/11/05 at 12:33 pm

And I'll be running for guy mostly likely to build a bunker and stay there if Newt Gingrich wins.  ::)  ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/11/05 at 2:11 pm

...but his chances of winning would be...

better than Hillary's.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/05 at 6:36 pm

Gingrich mulls 2008 US presidential run

He also spoke about a need to centre US society around religious values formulated by “our Creator.” Aspirations of the former House speaker have been an enigma in the US capital since his 1998 resignation from Congress following his party’s losses in mid-tern elections.

Newt... the quy who served his first wife divorce papers while she was in the hospital recieving chemo
for cancer, and she had to scramble to get family to take their two daughters because they would interfere with his new life with wife #2.  Newt...the guy who didn't pay child support until the newspapers reported that he was a deadbeat dad when he was running for his first term.  Newt...who was eerily silent during Monicagate, then served wife #2 with divorce papers because during all that time he had been having an affair with his aide, now wife #3.  Now what religion, what values, and what (or whose)
"Creator" can he be talking about? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/05 at 11:58 pm

Newt... the quy who served his first wife divorce papers while she was in the hospital recieving chemo
for cancer, and she had to scramble to get family to take their two daughters because they would interfere with his new life with wife #2.  Newt...the guy who didn't pay child support until the newspapers reported that he was a deadbeat dad when he was running for his first term.  Newt...who was eerily silent during Monicagate, then served wife #2 with divorce papers because during all that time he had been having an affair with his aide, now wife #3.  Now what religion, what values, and what (or whose)
"Creator" can he be talking about? ???

That's the first thing I thought of, Danoot!  Newt resigned rather than face the music as the hypocrite he was as lead attack dog on Clinton.

I think they're starting the Newt propaganda campaign now for Fascist Newt Coup of 2008!  Be afraid, be VERY afraid!
:o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/12/05 at 10:17 am

Next to those extremly cheap suits, I see no problem with Newt for President and Frist for vice President.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/05 at 1:19 pm

Next to those extremly cheap suits, I see no problem with Newt for President and Frist for vice President.

Why not? The America I was born into is already circling the drain!
::)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/12/05 at 1:21 pm

Why not? The America I was born into is already circling the drain!

Yeah right.  America was much more conservative 35 years ago.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/12/05 at 5:09 pm

Well, I guess that reflects your "Christian" values very well. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/05 at 7:42 pm

Yeah right.  America was much more conservative 35 years ago.

In some ways, I'm actually more "conservative" than Newtie baby.

Check for new replies or respond here...