» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Foxblocker

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/11/05 at 2:18 pm

http://www.foxblocker.com/

Prevent people from watching faux news in your house and send their top ten advertisers a message to let them know you won't be watching!

Pretty silly when you can just add a block on most cable boxes.  Still more sensible than the whole W ketchup thing a few months ago.

Subject: Re: Foxblocker

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/11/05 at 2:29 pm

http://www.foxblocker.com/

Prevent people from watching faux news in your house and send their top ten advertisers a message to let them know you won't be watching!

Pretty silly when you can just add a block on most cable boxes.  Still more sensible than the whole W ketchup thing a few months ago.

I like Headline News, myself. They don't have a lot of video coverage, but they have good news graphics on the bottom of the screen.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/11/05 at 7:56 pm

Don't like the chanell, change it!

Written By: Screwball on 01/11/05 at 11:27 pm

This link is stupid. In my opinion Fox news has some of the best News programs. They are almost the exact same stories on every news network, yet people just love to slander fox news.  The only network that has been proven to be biased (at least on one story) is CBS. Yet where is the "Block CBS news" Post?  if you think fox news is biased, you need to prove it by posting a credible link (not an idiotic left wing conspiracy site). 

BTW: All Of those links on that site are to extreme left wing organizations, guess they can't handle the truth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/05 at 11:50 pm

FOX News is a guilty pleasure.  I love to hate it!
::) :P

It isn't FOX that creates right wing propaganda, FNC is just the vehicle for right wing propaganda.  Other networks are just as gung-ho for the Military-Industrial complex and the Republican party, they're just less  blunt about it.  With "liberals" such as Chris Matthews and Judy Woodruff, who needs "conservatives"?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/12/05 at 8:52 am

This link is stupid. In my opinion Fox news has some of the best News programs. They are almost the exact same stories on every news network, yet people just love to slander fox news.  The only network that has been proven to be biased (at least on one story) is CBS. Yet where is the "Block CBS news" Post?  if you think fox news is biased, you need to prove it by posting a credible link (not an idiotic left wing conspiracy site). 

BTW: All Of those links on that site are to extreme left wing organizations, guess they can't handle the truth.

and I'm sure as once we post a site that shows the "bias" Fox News perputates, you'll instantly cry out they're a bunch of liberal lefties?  That's not worth the effort to even look up a few links. 

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/12/05 at 10:14 am

I still think CNN is worse than CBS.

But yeah, don't expect a good response, maybe you'll get a link to a website saying "Brit Hume is a registered republican" and that will be your "proof."  Some of the idiots of kook websites like the DU can't even tell the difference between news and opinion.

Written By: Screwball on 01/12/05 at 11:21 am

and I'm sure as once we post a site that shows the "bias" Fox News perputates, you'll instantly cry out they're a bunch of liberal lefties?  That's not worth the effort to even look up a few links. 

What is scarry is not the fact that i would do that.  What is scarry is that some actually believe those sights..... ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/05 at 12:47 pm

I still think CNN is worse than CBS.

But yeah, don't expect a good response, maybe you'll get a link to a website saying "Brit Hume is a registered republican" and that will be your "proof."  Some of the idiots of kook websites like the DU can't even tell the difference between news and opinion.

Most of what you call "news" is actually PR.  Armstrong Williams leaked that he's by far not the only one, and "it happens all the time."  Of course, he didn't name names, so he might be lying to save his sorry azz.  However, what I see in FOX News is a feverish drive to defend conservative Republicans, especially Bush.
Any network that does not display an explicitly right-wing agenda is deemed "liberally biased."

Check for new replies or respond here...