» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Flame Warriors

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/12/05 at 9:33 am

Since this is the high negativity area of InThe00s, I thought I might bring up the Flame Warriors website

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

We've seen all of these people on message boards from time to time. No doubt you'll see your own posting personalities on there.
I'm a Fanboy and my online Nemesises are Big Dog and Me Too.

Subject: Re: Flame Warriors

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/12/05 at 9:56 am

Since this is the high negativity area of InThe00s, I thought I might bring up the Flame Warriors website

We've seen all of these people on message boards from time to time. No doubt you'll see your own posting personalities on there.

What's up with the negativity anyway?  Is this stuff all in childish fun, or are people really trying to engage each other in meaningful discussion?  8)

Written By: AngeFaitore on 01/12/05 at 1:29 pm

What's up with the negativity anyway?  Is this stuff all in childish fun, or are people really trying to engage each other in meaningful discussion?  8)

I think that a lot of religious and political discussion brings out the negative side of people.  I thought that this would be the best place to show off Flame Warriors. Not only is it funny, but you learn something about online personalities VS how people act in reality.

Written By: Bobby on 01/12/05 at 9:29 pm

People are naturally going to be passionate in this section of the board as it deals with difficult issues that are not always black and white. I have seen the 'Flame Warriors' website before and I think it is so clever.

Oh, I guess I am eagle scout. I'm sure I have 'qualities' from other flame warriors too.  ;D

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/12/05 at 9:36 pm

People are naturally going to be passionate in this section of the board as it deals with difficult issues that are not always black and white. I have seen the 'Flame Warriors' website before and I think it is so clever.

Oh, I guess I am eagle scout. I'm sure I have 'qualities' from other flame warriors too.  ;D

Yeah, it just seems that because they're rarely black and white, people would do well not to get so hot and bothered about them.  I mean, if you just love a vigorous debate, cool, but people sometimes seem to get all worked up!  Peace.

Written By: Bobby on 01/12/05 at 9:39 pm

Yeah, it just seems that because they're rarely black and white, people would do well not to get so hot and bothered about them.  I mean, if you just love a vigorous debate, cool, but people sometimes seem to get all worked up!  Peace.

Indeed. Peace.  :)

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/12/05 at 10:42 pm

I found GW...

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/capitalista.htm

Written By: Bobby on 01/13/05 at 5:55 am

I found GW...

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/capitalista.htm

Ahem . . . It did cross my mind but didn't want to admit it.  :)

What would you say you were, Andy?

I'd say 'garble' for all your typo errors.  ;)  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 01/13/05 at 6:21 am

Yes thanks Bob.. something like that..Eagle Scout.. oh you don't think much of yourself  ;D

Written By: Leo Jay on 01/13/05 at 10:53 am

Hah, just got a chance to flip through those for the first time.  Pinko's hilarious.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/05 at 1:53 pm

Someone posted this a long time ago. Like others, I'm not too sure who I am but I think like Bobby, I see myself more of Eagle Scout. (If anyone sees something different, please let me know). I do see Carlos as Pinko. I showed him and said it was a little but not totally. And of course, Hairspray is Nanny.  ;D  Those were the only ones that I saw off-hand. I really didn't look at all of them in depth.

Cat

Written By: Bobby on 01/13/05 at 7:01 pm

Yes thanks Bob.. something like that..Eagle Scout.. oh you don't think much of yourself  ;D

Lol. I'm pulling your leg. I like to welcome newbies and try to conduct my arguments in as polite manner as I can on the day so I kind of thought this was as appropriate as any.  :)

Written By: Hairspray on 01/14/05 at 1:05 am

And of course, Hairspray is Nanny.  ;D 

Cat

LOL!! ;D Soooo truuuuuue!! ;D

I think I posted these once before, many moons ago. LOL!

Written By: jackas on 07/09/06 at 6:37 pm

Just what I've been looking for!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/09/06 at 6:39 pm

Someone on the Yankees forum I'm a member of posted that.  It was funny to see that even the mods fit some of those categories.

Written By: Ebontyne on 07/09/06 at 7:03 pm

I'm looking at this site for the first time and I think it's brilliant.  ;D Thanks for posting. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/10/06 at 1:06 pm

Just what I've been looking for!

I see you found this thread. I posted one like it in the PPP a few months ago(?) or so.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...