» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: US gives up search for WMDs, Bush vows that Easter Bunny hunt will continue

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/12/05 at 3:35 pm

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7307840

The Easter Bunny might be found more easily.

Looks like the lie the administration used for war didn't pan out.  Of course, now they're claiming the war was for the "freedom of the Iraqi people" from their lives or something.

Subject: Re: US gives up search for WMDs, Bush vows that Easter Bunny hunt will continue

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/12/05 at 4:25 pm

Yup, lots of people liberated from thier lives, and more to come.  But the oil is now free from all those nasty contracts with the French and Russians.  Wasn't that the whole point?

Subject: Re: US gives up search for WMDs, Bush vows that Easter Bunny hunt will continue

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/05 at 7:45 pm

Why did they admit that?  They didn't have to admit that.  They control "reality."  Sheesh!  These guys can't even do Big Brother right!
::) :P

Written By: Icy on 01/12/05 at 8:13 pm

*Waits for GWBush2004*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/12/05 at 8:14 pm

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) about Iraqis saying that torture under the U.S. occupency is worse than Saddam's torture.

Now the lie of the week is that Social Securty is in trouble. It is if Dubya gets his grubby little hands on it. Tell a big enough lie and people will believe it.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/05 at 1:00 am

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) about Iraqis saying that torture under the U.S. occupency is worse than Saddam's torture.

Now the lie of the week is that Social Securty is in trouble. It is if Dubya gets his grubby little hands on it. Tell a big enough lie and people will believe it.

Cat

I doubt it's "worse," I mean, the torture Saddam inflicted is about as bad as any I've ever heard of.  I just don't think our government and our press is giving us the full story about atrocities are taking place in Iraq with Saddam OUT of power.  Governments LIE during war and about war, all governments.  When you have a press as obsequious as the American mainstream press, those LIES are very easy to bury underneath paranoia and bafflegab.
::)

Written By: goodsin on 01/13/05 at 2:19 am

Weapons of mass evasion?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/13/05 at 8:39 am

*Waits for GWBush2004*

don't hold you breath.  he never responds to posts that show how incompetant his guy is.  it makes the Fox News/Free Republic lies easier to swallow if you don't have to hear the truth once in awhile.

on one of the sites I visit, someone mentioned the response on the Free Republic boards.  the Freepers were all crying that we never went in there for WMDs, it was always about freeing the Iraqi people or that Saddam was behind 9-11, or some other nonsense.  Whatever Bill O'Reilly told them to belive this week I guess.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/05 at 11:18 am

If Saddam Hussain can be found, then so can the Easter Bunny!

I can see George W. Bush's speech now...

"We have confirmed that the Easter Bunny, may or may not be a terriorist. I mean, who goes into people's houses and hides eggs? I have only one thing to say to the Easter Bunny, one way or the other... you're going down!"  ::)  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/05 at 11:26 am

If Saddam Hussain can be found, then so can the Easter Bunny!

I can see George W. Bush's speech now...

"We have confirmed that the Easter Bunny, may or may not be a terriorist. I mean, who goes into people's houses and hides eggs? I have only one thing to say to the Easter Bunny, one way or the other... you're going down!"  ::)  ;D

I don't think the Easter Bunny lives in Iraq.

Chucky wrote
"don't hold you breath.  he never responds to posts that show how incompetant his guy is.  it makes the Fox News/Free Republic lies easier to swallow if you don't have to hear the truth once in awhile.

on one of the sites I visit, someone mentioned the response on the Free Republic boards.  the Freepers were all crying that we never went in there for WMDs, it was always about freeing the Iraqi people or that Saddam was behind 9-11, or some other nonsense.  Whatever Bill O'Reilly told them to belive this week I guess.

"Ayyyuhh! You got that a-right"
--Caleb Stoddard
Ossippee, NH

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/13/05 at 12:47 pm

Weapons of mass evasion?

I thought it was Weapons of Mass Distraction.

Cat

Written By: philbo on 01/13/05 at 3:36 pm

I don't think the Easter Bunny lives in Iraq.

You sure?  Iraq is easter of where we is

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/05 at 7:41 am

Maybe after he catches the Easter Bunny he can concentrate on Osama....(who???)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/05 at 10:37 am

You sure?  Iraq is easter of where we is

**Grrroooaaan!!**

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/16/05 at 4:57 pm

After a thorough inspection of many offices at Castleton State College I can report  that I found NO WMD's and none of the missing tons of ordianance stolen in Iraq.  Nor did I encounter the Easter Bunny on my inspections, although one of my students did get a gorilla-gram during class.  So Magilla Gorilla is alive and well in the vacinity of CSC.  During my inspection I also looked for signs of that Osama guy, but again came up empty.  I guess he is still hiding out in that very professional studio from which he made his last tape.  Was it a FOUXNEWS facility?

Written By: goodsin on 01/17/05 at 9:34 am

I thought it was Weapons of Mass Distraction.
Cat

That they were, Cat, at the start of things. Then they became my definition, now they're more like Weapons of MisseD attraction. Oh, let's face it, I'm trying desperately to think of a decent pun, and I can't.... :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/17/05 at 12:06 pm

Maybe after he catches the Easter Bunny he can concentrate on Osama....(who???)

Forget the Easter or Osama.... what about Waldo? Somehoiw, I don't trust him.....  ::)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...