» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: bush and Roe V. Wade flip flop?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/05 at 1:03 pm

Apparently Barbara Walters asked georgie if he supported the overturn of Roe V. Wade and
it is the only question he refused to answer.  That is on the interview tonight.  ??? I will add
that Laura is pro-choice, I would bet the same for the twins.  What say moral imperative supporters?

Subject: Re: bush and Roe V. Wade flip flop?

Written By: philbo on 01/14/05 at 1:36 pm

...I wonder what percentage of voters actually *did* vote for him because of his stance on abortion...

Quite a few seemed to put it very high up on their list of reasons for voting Bush.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/05 at 2:47 pm

Bush is dumb, but he's not that dumb!  Why should he open his trap about Roe v. Wade?  If he says he won't support overturning the decision, he alienates his base, if he says he will, he enfuriates everybody else.  He'll just appoint the justices and let them take the heat!

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/14/05 at 2:48 pm

...I wonder what percentage of voters actually *did* vote for him because of his stance on abortion...

Quite a few seemed to put it very high up on their list of reasons for voting Bush.

What stance?  He has  never been very clear on Roe V Wade, just hints and innuendos designed to appease the fundamentalists.

Written By: Harmonica on 01/18/05 at 11:37 am

Bush is dumb, but he's not that dumb!  Why should he open his trap about Roe v. Wade?  If he says he won't support overturning the decision, he alienates his base, if he says he will, he enfuriates everybody else.  He'll just appoint the justices and let them take the heat!

He wouldn't enfuriate Everybody else, infact he'd make a lot of them happy.

I'm surprised as popular as my topic is that this one isn't too.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 01/18/05 at 12:12 pm

Bush already knows that he's started another term with a tarnished legacy and he's trying to mend it by not saying anything. He'd better say something, or else it would add another negative notch on his dilapated legacy.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...