» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: RNC Flip-flop?

Written By: MooRocca on 01/20/05 at 10:30 am

I'm curious what everyone else thinks of the RNC electing a gay man, Ken Mehlman, as their chairman and Mehlman asking a pro-choice woman, Joann Davidson, to be his co-chair. 

Does it say that the anti-gay and anti-choice platform of the party, in the recent election, was a sham to trick people into voting for their candidates or is this the sham to trick new votes their way in the 06 and 08 elections?  Have liberals infiltrated the party?  Something else, entirely?  Nothing at all? 

For my part, I find it an incredibly curious turn of events in the wake of this particular election, when we're still at the peak of all the self congratulatory post-election spin that the Republican party won so many of the seats it sought because most Americans agree with the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka KS 

Subject: Re: RNC Flip-flop?

Written By: EthanM on 01/20/05 at 11:28 am

I followed the link and at first i thought it might have been a satirical site like www.landoverbaptist.org but apparently they are serious. I wonder what gwbush2004 and saver  would think of that site.

Written By: MooRocca on 01/20/05 at 11:43 am

I followed the link and at first i thought it might have been a satirical site like www.landoverbaptist.org but apparently they are serious. I wonder what gwbush2004 and saver  would think of that site.

They're quite real and deadly serious.   

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/05 at 6:10 pm

shivers up and down my spine!!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/05 at 7:29 pm

Ah yes, very Christian of them to spew hatred.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/05 at 9:13 pm

I don't care WHO they put in charge of the RNC, as long as the Republican party adheres to its savage economic priorities they can drop dead as far as I'm concerned!

Check for new replies or respond here...