» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Nixon's tape editor dies 1/22

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/26/05 at 10:27 pm

Actually, Rose Mary Woods was the late President Richard M. Nixon's personal secretary.  She claimed responsibility for the missing 18 1/2 minutes on Tricky Dick's Watergate Tape, thus earning her a role in one of the 20th century's biggest political scandals.

Woods graced the cover of Time magazine Dec. 10, 1973.

http://www.nndb.com/people/576/000055411/

Not that anyone gives a hoot these days...

Subject: Re: Nixon's tape editor dies 1/22

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/27/05 at 10:59 am

Arlo Guthrie implies that the missing 18 1/2 minutes was none other than "Alice's Restaurant".  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/27/05 at 12:26 pm

Arlo Guthrie implies that the missing 18 1/2 minutes was none other than "Alice's Restaurant".  ;D ;D

Cat

Or, if we can believe the movie Dick, it was a love message from his teenaged dog walker.  ;D  ;D  ::)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/27/05 at 1:01 pm

There was some research into whether that missing 18 minutes could be restored through new retrival techniques.  No idea if they've let anyone try it yet. 

I'd be more interested in knowing who Deep Throat was.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/27/05 at 1:26 pm

There was some research into whether that missing 18 minutes could be restored through new retrival techniques.  No idea if they've let anyone try it yet. 

My guess is Henry Kissinger, but again according to D*i*c*k it was the same teenage dog walker.  ;)

Written By: Allie Fox on 01/27/05 at 1:39 pm

Lat I heard they were still working on "uncovering" the gap.  When Ms. Woods erased it, she did a very good job. ;)

Deep Throat = Deputy White House Counsel Fred Fielding 8)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/29/05 at 8:23 am

Where have you and DC been????  This was a great story and the one who stands out is :o Pat Buchanan! He will not confirm or deny, nor will Woodward. The other 6 on the short list all denied.  Thank  all those journalism students at the University of Illinois for their work

www.comm.uiuc.edu/spike/deepthroat/

www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/001132.php

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/29/05 at 5:19 pm

Where have you and DC been????  This was a great story and the one who stands out is :o Pat Buchanan! He will not confirm or deny, nor will Woodward. The other 6 on the short list all denied.  Thank  all those journalism students at the University of Illinois for their work

www.comm.uiuc.edu/spike/deepthroat/

www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/001132.php

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this has not been high on my radar of late.  More important, or at least currant, things to worry about.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/29/05 at 5:25 pm

Well, as far as I'm concerned, this has not been high on my radar of late.  More important, or at least currant, things to worry about.

But it is a good story, Pat Buchanan a backdoor backstabber.  I love it myself.  What I don't understand is
why  Joe Klein caught more flack for "Primary Colors" than Buchanan is catching for this

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/05 at 5:39 pm

Relics from the Nixon White House live long and prosper in the media--

Pat Buchanan, Ben Stein, William Safire, G. Gordon Liddy--

and we suffer!
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...