» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: human cloning-scientists given the green light

Written By: whitewolf on 02/09/05 at 8:10 am

There is a story on IE about this today. I think it might be good for medical research, but only using stem cells. not to completely clone a human being, that is not the way people are made.

http://sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2005/02/08/clone-050208.html

Subject: Re: human cloning-scientists given the green light

Written By: Alchoholica on 02/10/05 at 10:19 am

What kind of human would a clone be.

Not a proper human is my opinion..

Face it.. son, you have been bought in to the world as a medical experiment.. oh gee thanks dad.

Written By: AL-B on 02/10/05 at 11:31 am

Clone Elvis!!! ;)

Written By: McDonald on 02/10/05 at 1:31 pm

It would be excellent to clone my own arteries and then have them transplanted when my originals give out... You could fix so many physical defects with this. But yeah... I don't want to see a cloned human...  Waste of money... it's so easy to make one the regular way.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 02/11/05 at 12:27 am

NO!!  Too many people on the planet.  I think that cloning one might be a good idea though.  It could teach us a lot about how the Universe works.  Although I hate the idea of making a person merely for experiment  :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/05 at 7:24 am

Clones will(for it will happen) be human in every sense of the word, just as test tube babies are.  That is what
the essentially are, only a much more refined technique.  I think there will be a tremendous problem when
it comes to mix and match genetics(that will happen also). Isolating genes and trying to produce a clone
with specific attributes in relation to looks, temperament, intellectual ability.  There isn't any way of predicting
how it would all turn out.  Right now people choose the sex of their children, they can order children whose
biological parents had certain traits they find equitable, but there isn't any guarantee that the attributes they
desire are the ones that will reveal themselves upon maturity, blue eyes turn brown,  bio uncles red hair
turns up instead of the brunette, curl comes out kink, young Einstein is also schizophrenic.  People, I think
are to expect too much when playing the god game.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/11/05 at 9:41 am

human cloning scientists

The mad scientists are back!

http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes7/youngfrank72.jpeg

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/05 at 10:21 am

Just another sign that science is nothing more than an excuse for atheism. I hope people will wake up to find that the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority cult is doing the work of Hitler. :(

Written By: McDonald on 02/11/05 at 11:38 am

Just another sign that science is nothing more than an excuse for atheism.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Could you elaborate. Would the converse be true as well. Is religion an excuse for God?

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/05 at 11:52 am

Just another sign that science is nothing more than an excuse for atheism. I hope people will wake up to find that the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority cult is doing the work of Hitler. :(

Where would that leave he invitro people?  I haven't heard any of the established religions come out against it as
being against gods will.  My dad, good Catholic was against abortion, but he was just as against invitro and was
dismayed that that wasn't seen as just as much a sin as abortion.  He felt if you got pregnant you had a child, if
you didn't or couldn't that was gods way of saying there are others there that need you, help them. 

Check for new replies or respond here...