» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Same-sex marriage fight still alive in Massachusetts

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/11/05 at 9:28 am

In what's being described as an unexpected move, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has announced it will hear oral argument in a case seeking to stay the court's decision legalizing same-sex marriage in the state.

The case was brought by the Thomas More Law Center and other groups, the organization said in a statement. It was filed on behalf of C. Joseph Doyle, the executive director of the Catholic Action League of Massachusetts, and represents the last legal action still surviving that could reverse legalization while the state continues with the process of passing a constitutional amendment barring same-sex marriage.

Full article: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42800

Subject: Re: Same-sex marriage fight still alive in Massachusetts

Written By: danootaandme on 02/11/05 at 11:59 am

There is a group that has been fighting to revisit this.  They have an ad on the radio that says something to the
effect of going back to moral values, and something about how life was better around 1960.  Being female, and
the color of mocha, I would wonder what they are talking about, better for whom?  Our republican governor is
starting to feel the heat, too.  Made a big splash by saying he wouldn't accept a salary since he was rich anyway then starting dipping into the till. What did his supporters expect from a venture capitalist?

Written By: philbo on 02/11/05 at 12:53 pm

Question for you, GWB - why do you give a ****?  Why repost news about something that'll affect hardly anyone in percentage terms?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/11/05 at 1:23 pm

Why repost news about something that'll affect hardly anyone in percentage terms?

Oh you're one to talk.  After posting threads in the politics and religion section that are just your dam* song paradies.  We have an entire area for that.

Written By: AL-B on 02/11/05 at 2:14 pm

In what's being described as an unexpected move, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court has announced it will hear oral argument in a case seeking to stay the court's decision legalizing same-sex marriage in the state.
I could make a really off-color remark here about "oral arguments," but I'll save it.  ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 02/11/05 at 2:19 pm

I could make a really off-color remark here about "oral arguments," but I'll save it.  ;D

I was going to do the same thing when I first posted it, but like you, decided I'd better not.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/11/05 at 3:39 pm

I still just don't get what all the fuss is about.  For years the straight community called gays promiscuous, but allow them to form stable, recognized relationships?  NO WAY, we want them to be promiscuous right?  Good Dog, if gays can marry, my marriage is threatened.

Written By: philbo on 02/11/05 at 3:44 pm

Oh you're one to talk. After posting threads in the politics and religion section that are just your dam* song paradies. We have an entire area for that.

I tag on the occasional link to relevant parodies: you don't like 'em, don't click the link.  I just don't understand why you're all worked up about same-sex marriages, that's all.  Unless you're considering one youself, of course?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/05 at 3:49 pm

I tag on the occasional link to relevant parodies: you don't like 'em, don't click the link.  I just don't understand why you're all worked up about same-sex marriages, that's all.  Unless you're considering one youself, of course?

Gay marriage is one of those red herring, distract-a-fellow "culture war" issues the Right like to harp on.  It keeps the hayseeds up in arms and voting against their economic interests.
::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/11/05 at 4:25 pm

Gay marriage is one of those red herring, distract-a-fellow "culture war" issues the Right like to harp on.  It keeps the hayseeds up in arms and voting against their economic interests.
::)

Yes, it does, and one wonders why.  Are so many men and women that insecure in their sexuality so as to see this as a threat?

Written By: philbo on 02/11/05 at 6:05 pm

:)

Thank you.  And at least I write them, too...

Written By: philbo on 02/11/05 at 6:15 pm

That is because they are support to be 80's cheerleader/crazymom/whoever.

Could you repeat that in English, please?

Written By: AL-B on 02/11/05 at 6:31 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and tell you that I'm not too keen on the idea of same-sex marriage. I neither hate nor fear homosexuals, nor am I a practicing Christian, but this whole gay marriage thing has this Sodom-and-Gomorrah vibe to it that makes me feel uneasy about it. Maybe it's lingering Catholic guilt, maybe it's end-of-the-world paranoia, but I just have this bad feeling that if gay marriage ever becomes the norm in this country God's gonna get pissed off and the sh*t's really gonna hit the fan.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/05 at 11:48 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and tell you that I'm not too keen on the idea of same-sex marriage. I neither hate nor fear homosexuals, nor am I a practicing Christian, but this whole gay marriage thing has this Sodom-and-Gomorrah vibe to it that makes me feel uneasy about it. Maybe it's lingering Catholic guilt, maybe it's end-of-the-world paranoia, but I just have this bad feeling that if gay marriage ever becomes the norm in this country God's gonna get ticked off and the sh*t's really gonna hit the fan.

Do you wanna see the face of Sodom-annd-Gamorrah?  Well, do you?  Of course, here it is:
http://www.bintjbeil.com/articles/2004/images/bush_cheney_rumsfeld.jpg
and don't let nobody steer you wrong about that!  A turkish bath house orgy can't even compete, wouldn't even be allowed in line!
Is it any coincidence Bush did so well in our "cities of the plain"?  It is the Bushies who are selling our nation's soul to satan.  Two women wanting to get married has NOTHING whatsoever to do with it.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/05 at 8:51 am

Yes, please ... and is there a problem with me changing my username?  why not rag on the others who have changed theirs?  Say it with me..."change is good" ;)

^you go girl!!!  :)

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/05 at 9:05 am

Thank you...that's 3 times people have ragged me about it ::)

This is America.  Personally I like "crazymom" (being one myself)  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/12/05 at 3:03 pm

You're welcome ;)  It's refreshing to read an original thought rather than regurgitated "news" or bible thumping

Amen to that  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/12/05 at 3:09 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and tell you that I'm not too keen on the idea of same-sex marriage. I neither hate nor fear homosexuals, nor am I a practicing Christian, but this whole gay marriage thing has this Sodom-and-Gomorrah vibe to it that makes me feel uneasy about it. Maybe it's lingering Catholic guilt, maybe it's end-of-the-world paranoia, but I just have this bad feeling that if gay marriage ever becomes the norm in this country God's gonna get ticked off and the sh*t's really gonna hit the fan.

Maybe so, but if there is a Dog (woops, there goes my dislexia again) than He/She/It made gays just like He/She/It made straights, or do you believe that gayness is just a "life style choice"?  To me that would be hard to imagin, like choosing to be black in Mississippi in 1850 (or 1950 for that matter).  Why would someone choose to be in a dispised, disadvantaged minority?

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/12/05 at 3:15 pm

Thank you...that's 3 times people have ragged me about it ::)

I don't know, Crazy, but isn't every mom also a cheerleader?  ;)  I must say, though, that you don't seem very crazy to me, very sane, smart, and sensible rather.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/12/05 at 3:52 pm

Of course...if we don't cheer for our kids, who will? ;)  Trust me, there are some days when I'd WELCOME the loony bin :D

I remember those days.  I always thought of raising kids was like a series of passages.  Especially when they get to be teens they kind of go into a tunnel of terror.  If your luck, they come out the other side as human beings.  Have a shot, chill out, and PRAY  ;).

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/13/05 at 10:37 am

I'm endlessly entertained by people who assume that "God" is going to wreak havoc on anyone who thinks differently than they do.  Right-wing Christians are convinced that "God" is going to smash all homosexuals.  There are some militant Muslims who just know that "God" is going to blow all of us disgusting Americans to smithereens.  Members of the KKK think "God" is going to "punish" anyone who isn't white.  And every single person thinks their version is the correct one, and that someday we'll all see that they're right.  And what really makes me giggle, is that it hasn't occured to any of these groups that their hatred is going to be their ultimate undoing.  Because, at the end of the day, every single one of us has something in our lives that goes completely against what someone else thinks.  If "God" has anything to do with it, we're all screwed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/13/05 at 2:55 pm

I'm endlessly entertained by people who assume that "God" is going to wreak havoc on anyone who thinks differently than they do.  Right-wing Christians are convinced that "God" is going to smash all homosexuals.  There are some militant Muslims who just know that "God" is going to blow all of us disgusting Americans to smithereens.  Members of the KKK think "God" is going to "punish" anyone who isn't white.  And every single person thinks their version is the correct one, and that someday we'll all see that they're right.  And what really makes me giggle, is that it hasn't occured to any of these groups that their hatred is going to be their ultimate undoing.  Because, at the end of the day, every single one of us has something in our lives that goes completely against what someone else thinks.  If "God" has anything to do with it, we're all screwed.

Message to Muslim and Christian fanatics alike: God is not your personal thug!

Written By: AL-B on 02/13/05 at 3:35 pm

I knew I was going to take some heat for this, and perhaps justifiably so. But let me clarify my position. I am all in favor of extending medical and insurance benefits to same-sex partners. I have no problems with civil unions. But to call it "marriage?" I don't know. Something just doesn't seem right about it. Flame away if you must.  :)

Written By: AL-B on 02/13/05 at 3:38 pm

Yes, please ... and is there a problem with me changing my username?  why not rag on the others who have changed theirs?  Say it with me..."change is good" ;)
Forgive me, but what was your original screen name???

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/14/05 at 11:08 am

Message to Muslim and Christian fanatics alike: God is not your personal thug!

Amen!

Check for new replies or respond here...